Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorry lads but i'm still happy

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Ok that wasnt a great performance but i'm still over the moon with the appointment of malky and that game has done nothing to change my mind. I thought joe mason was the only player who even looked like creating something and i cant wait to see who else malky's gonna bring in in this mould. Malky has come in and has been confronted with a woeful youth policy which has been much neglected lately. Some of you have been brought back down to earth with a bang tonight but i'm expecting some inconsistent results and performances from this team, especially in the early days. Lets get behind malky this season no matter what and give the guy a chance to stamp his authority on our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sorry lads but i'm still happy

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:28 pm

must agree with you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Too f*cking right mate. It's games like this that separate those who have perspective in football and those who don't really have much idea about the game in my opinion.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Too right in Malky we trust onwards and upwards its only 1 game. Now we will see who the Plastics are !

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Onwards and upwards,all you fickle bastards do1

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 pm

earniebluemark2 wrote:Onwards and upwards,all you fickle bastards do1

ok feck off you negative tw*t you go do 1 you Plastic f**k

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm still happy, Brighton are a good side with a good passing game and quick strikers, we got caught with a couple of sucker punches after having a fair percentage of possession in the game, we need a few more players to strengthen the squad, and then I feel there will be good things to come, it's early in the season yet and there were some curious results tonight. Keep the faith. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:46 pm

great post. despite feeling naturally disappointed, that has to be the happiest or least frustrated i have ever been leaving the ground after a loss. some fans really need to get a perspective! that team has played 3 games together, brighton are a team who have been together much much longer and have just won a championship together. that was clear from the out set, we were dis-jointed and they played like a well drilled unit. despite that, i dont think u can fault the effort of the players, things just didnt go their way tonight. lets face it, we have been spoilt the last few years with the quality of player we have seen at the club but now we are back to square 1 through no fault of our current players or staff. we will be inconsistent, sometimes we will look a good outfit, other times we will have nights like tonight. some fans are a joke, grumbles were going around the ground when we werent quite clicking tonight but what the f**k can u expect!!! well done to the fans who stayed behind to clap the boys off tonight, i for one thought they deserved it. tonight was a set back but surely not an unexpected one, i love the way this team has started and the new feeling around the club. this is just the start of a bright new era, KEEP THE FAITH!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 pm

tazmania wrote:great post. despite feeling naturally disappointed, that has to be the happiest or least frustrated i have ever been leaving the ground after a loss. some fans really need to get a perspective! that team has played 3 games together, brighton are a team who have been together much much longer and have just won a championship together. that was clear from the out set, we were dis-jointed and they played like a well drilled unit. despite that, i dont think u can fault the effort of the players, things just didnt go their way tonight. lets face it, we have been spoilt the last few years with the quality of player we have seen at the club but now we are back to square 1 through no fault of our current players or staff. we will be inconsistent, sometimes we will look a good outfit, other times we will have nights like tonight. some fans are a joke, grumbles were going around the ground when we werent quite clicking tonight but what the f**k can u expect!!! well done to the fans who stayed behind to clap the boys off tonight, i for one thought they deserved it. tonight was a set back but surely not an unexpected one, i love the way this team has started and the new feeling around the club. this is just the start of a bright new era, KEEP THE FAITH!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was watching for Malky's reaction tonight after the final whistle. He chose not to go straight down the tunnel but stayed on the pitch ensuring all the City players acknowledged the fans. He also clapped all four sides of the ground. This is a man who can take defeat with some dignity and it will be interesting to hear his post match verdict. No shame in being beaten by the better team who have been together for four years and have come into this league on the back of being promoted as champions and have a great new stadium. We will have some great nights at CCS and also some disappointing ones - that's football.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 am

Deckard wrote:
tazmania wrote:great post. despite feeling naturally disappointed, that has to be the happiest or least frustrated i have ever been leaving the ground after a loss. some fans really need to get a perspective! that team has played 3 games together, brighton are a team who have been together much much longer and have just won a championship together. that was clear from the out set, we were dis-jointed and they played like a well drilled unit. despite that, i dont think u can fault the effort of the players, things just didnt go their way tonight. lets face it, we have been spoilt the last few years with the quality of player we have seen at the club but now we are back to square 1 through no fault of our current players or staff. we will be inconsistent, sometimes we will look a good outfit, other times we will have nights like tonight. some fans are a joke, grumbles were going around the ground when we werent quite clicking tonight but what the f**k can u expect!!! well done to the fans who stayed behind to clap the boys off tonight, i for one thought they deserved it. tonight was a set back but surely not an unexpected one, i love the way this team has started and the new feeling around the club. this is just the start of a bright new era, KEEP THE FAITH!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was watching for Malky's reaction tonight after the final whistle. He chose not to go straight down the tunnel but stayed on the pitch ensuring all the City players acknowledged the fans. He also clapped all four sides of the ground. This is a man who can take defeat with some dignity and it will be interesting to hear his post match verdict. No shame in being beaten by the better team who have been together for four years and have come into this league on the back of being promoted as champions and have a great new stadium. We will have some great nights at CCS and also some disappointing ones - that's football.

Good posts - the response from the fans who stayed to the bitter end and the response from Malky and the team accepting the applause and responding in kind was good to see. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 am

This setback will obviously highlight further the fact that we need additional depth in the squad.

I have the utmost confidence in Malky to get the right players in and I still believe we have a good chance of getting promotion.

This is perhaps the "wake up" call that we needed and it has come nice and early and off the back of 2 previous wins.......so come on "keep the Faith"

Blooooooooooooooooooooobirds

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: