Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now That The Bubble Has Burst..

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 pm

We now know we are lacking quality, we never looked like scoring once. We are an average side and we should be please if we reach mid-table. It's all well and good having a good team ethic and working hard but at the end of the day you need that bit of quality at this level to turn a draw into a win, someone who can make something out of nothing, could that man be bellamy? all i know is we certainly need some attacking flair.

i know this is only the first loss of the season, but it shows that a when we come up against well organised team we struggle to break them down. it's going to be a long hard season, BUT with a couple more quality additions we could well sneak into the play-offs :ayatollah:

Re: Now That The Bubble Has Burst..

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:We now know we are lacking quality, we never looked like scoring once. We are an average side and we should be please if we reach mid-table. It's all well and good having a good team ethic and working hard but at the end of the day you need that bit of quality at this level to turn a draw into a win, someone who can make something out of nothing, could that man be bellamy? all i know is we certainly need some attacking flair.

i know this is only the first loss of the season, but it shows that a when we come up against well organised team we struggle to break them down. it's going to be a long hard season, BUT with a couple more quality additions we could well sneak into the play-offs :ayatollah:

ha ha bubbles do burst hope u b ok not getting to premier league

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Didn't look like scoring once, sever over-reaction Imo.

Conway's chance, Earnie, Miller, Mason I think it was right at the end!

At the end of the day we need a different type of center back , Super Kev with Quinn RB perhaps? We missed a more defensive midfielder , Mason and Whitts aren't good enough there, unlucky with injuries.

Agree with the signings bit, we need a quick right winger, a centre half who is different to Huds/gerrard, one more Center forward, and beef up the midfield with an all-rounder!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:19 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Didn't look like scoring once, sever over-reaction Imo.

Conway's chance, Earnie, Miller, Mason I think it was right at the end!

At the end of the day we need a different type of center back , Super Kev with Quinn RB perhaps? We missed a more defensive midfielder , Mason and Whitts aren't good enough there, unlucky with injuries.

Agree with the signings bit, we need a quick right winger, a centre half who is different to Huds/gerrard, one more Center forward, and beef up the midfield with an all-rounder!

fair point about having chances, but we lack that cutting edge i feel. we rarely have clear cut scoring chances.