Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my opinion on tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 pm

maybe a bit controversial but I dont care :D

We simply got found out tonight against a average team with an excellent striker, the first 30 minutes was an absolute disgrace, with only one shot on target.

Where was the energy and urgency similar to sunday's performance? And noone say maybe we were tired as its only 3 league games into the season.

I was really worried with Malky Mackay tonight, with no sign of a plan B?? and keeping Mason on the pitch! he tried but lacks the quality to play 90 minutes.

Mackay shouldve taken Mason off for Gestede but decided to keep Mason on and take Earnie off, which did not change our system which clearly was'nt working all night. Thought Mackay shouldve made the change a lot earlier that was needed at 1-0 and not 2-0 down :?

I was totally expecting a win tonight against a team who just achieved promotion, but every player let us down tonight a really poor performance from every single one of them bar Gestede, who I thought changed the game slighty again by winning headers and shooting at goal.

Now I dont care how big of names Earnshaw and Miller are they simply are not working together so drop one of them to get us into a system which works.

I had a feeling a hammering was coming soon as we were very lucky against West ham to get the win and apart from the 1st half hour vs Bristol we were poor again. tonight was just an embarrasment.

Now the Board of Directors are obviously hoping for the premier league the same way the fans are hoping for it too.

So now the Board and this includes the malaysians need to stand up and be counted and bring in the quality which we clearly are lacking in important positions and give money to Mackay to bring in experience in defence and midfield.

We need to bring in Bellamy and we need to bring him in now, we was lacking urgency and quality which Bellamy brings both options to the team. He is a passionate player with a lot of quality so if we make a loss in bringing in a player like him then I believe he is worth it.

Now lets start again on Saturday with the passion and commitment we fans want to see from our team :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: my opinion on tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:00 pm

agree with you, except i think you are totaly wrong about mason ,for me he was man of a poor match for us, in the second half he ran his socks off ,the only one making runs ,did not hide like some did, i to am dissapointed to, how ever i thought they would not be able to maintian sundays pace its to early in the season and the games come to quick , we lack pace and quality at centre back and on the wings and need a quality big man up front, kiss and gunnarson injured at the same timehas not helped , but i would have taken 6 points at start of season after 3 games lets all calm down and give mm and malaysians time to get it right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 pm

i do agree with everything that u hav said x

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Tactics all wrong tonight. Too many high balls and crosses and expecting the smallest man on the pitch (earnie) to get on them.These tactics might have worked if we had someone like Rudy on earlier who can actually win the ball in the air. We just looked tired to me.Beaten by a far superior team on the night.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Guys we need hudson out at fault for 2 goals ! Get Chambers. We need a tall strong striker to pair with earnshaw or miller. And we need a Fast winger e.g Bellamy. And Malky didnt sit down he looked like he wanted the players to do somthing but they wernt