Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THAT WAS AWEFUL

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Thought we were going to rule this game before they scored. We never did anything after they scored and basically let them run the game. Dreadful goal to let in and even worse our reaction after that was worse.

If we lost by the odd goal then it is easy to take but we did not. We never looked like getting back into it, were basically picked off by Brighton and were made to look below average.

Going against the grain of everything before KO but that was worrying.

Re: THAT WAS AWEFUL

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Grow up, that's a team the have played togetherfor over a year against a bunch that have played together for two games. We missed Gunnarson that was obvious. But the effort was there and we were slightly unlucky.

Seeing as Mason would have been third choice after Gunnarson and Kiss we lacked in that area quite badly.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm

RFMH wrote:Grow up, that's a team the have played togetherfor over a year against a bunch that have played together for two games. We missed Gunnarson that was obvious. But the effort was there and we were slightly unlucky.

Seeing as Mason would have been third choice after Gunnarson and Kiss we lacked in that area quite badly.

We were not unlucky sunshine. We were simply outplayed and had no idea how to get back into the game after the goal. Under the circumstances I can accept a loss if we created chances or perhaps control certain parts of the game but we did absolutely nothing. That is the worry.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 pm

We did nothing?

So when Conway missed a great chance at 0-0 that was nothing?
When Conway missed a great chance at 3-1 right on the 90 that was nothing?
When their keeper scambled to Whitts and Mason's shot that was nothing?
When Whitts scored a pen that was nothing?

Youd think we'd lost to WHU the way some people act. It was a solid performance with high effort at a good level for a team that has only been together a minute. We lacked an edge certainly but we are a few players short. Awful that was not under any definition.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Listening to the game, I was led to believe that we dominated the opening 40 minutes before a mistake led to them going in front with their first shot of the night. A soft penalty allows them to double the lead and after that we are chasing the game and they hit us on the break and created a bit more. Listening to it, up until the 2nd goal I was pretty confident we could take something from it.

It does reitereate the need to add quality to the squad, if nothing else.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Have to agree with baked, we were truely awful. Simple things like first touch were simple gone.

Some people said they would be happy with a team who worked hard and a passionate manger. Well they worked hard, MM shouted a lot. Be pleased.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Did you drive down and back tonight ?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Tonight we were awful all night end of, but it is a bout of reality we needed, we are not going to be contenders this year, we dont hav enough quality throughout the squad as a whole. We were played off the park in patches tonight.

We are going to be a team that gets better through out the campaign but we need some quality loans to push for play offs :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Have to agree with baked, we were truely awful. Simple things like first touch were simple gone.

Some people said they would be happy with a team who worked hard and a passionate manger. Well they worked hard, MM shouted a lot. Be pleased.

Not you Luke you can't have joined the Crybaby Cardiff fans already? We beat WHU ten days ago fgs. Sorry everyone that thought we were going to steamroll the league.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 pm

RFMH wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Have to agree with baked, we were truely awful. Simple things like first touch were simple gone.

Not you Luke you can't have joined the Crybaby Cardiff fans already? We beat WHU ten days ago fgs. Sorry everyone that thought we were going to steamroll the league.

well said RFMH

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm not concerned for the season but if we are talking about tonight's game then I stand by my above comments.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:29 pm

yes it was disapointing but aweful certainly not. :roll: :roll:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

well said RFMH

Thank you Luke. First time ever I think you and I agreeing.

Nothing to do with being a crybaby but everything to do with being realistic. As someone said above perhaps this is a reality call for us all. I expect us to lose games but not by that nature.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 pm

In fairness a poor display. Apart from a 10 minute spell when we looked like we could steam roller them we weren't in it. I dont think we lacked effort but certainly didn't have the energy of previous games and I have come away tonight disappointed.

On differing factor here is, I have faith in the manager to sort it - In Malky we trust!

:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Our midfield was missing tonight, Mason was all over the shop leaving gaps in midfield. We got no wingers, and Ernie and Miller dont play well together.
We definetley need more players asap, midfield, centre half, a target man striker and a pacey winger, without these we will be going nowhere this season. I know theres a long way to go but i personally think Brighton will fade away after xmas unless they team build as they have a smaller squad than us.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 pm

RFMH wrote:We did nothing?

So when Conway missed a great chance at 0-0 that was nothing?
When Conway missed a great chance at 3-1 right on the 90 that was nothing?
When their keeper scambled to Whitts and Mason's shot that was nothing?
When Whitts scored a pen that was nothing?

Youd think we'd lost to WHU the way some people act. It was a solid performance with high effort at a good level for a team that has only been together a minute. We lacked an edge certainly but we are a few players short. Awful that was not under any definition.

and when that jack c**t painter was manhandling earnie in the box for that corner in the first half, cant understand how he wasnt booked or we werent given penalty.

completely agree with everything youve said in this thread RFMH. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We aint going to win every game, the squad needs a few more, we werent as sharp as sunday, but "aweful"???? :roll: :roll: barcelona just kicked off, maybe youd be more suited to watching a team as dominant as they are.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Had a big feeling they were gunna do us before the game, and to be honest I wouldv been happy with just a draw.

They're on a roll, which im sure will come to a thumping end soon, we'll bounch back :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm

RFMH wrote:Grow up, that's a team the have played togetherfor over a year against a bunch that have played together for two games. We missed Gunnarson that was obvious. But the effort was there and we were slightly unlucky.

Sorry Robin you are wrong on this one. The effort was not there as we were a yard off the pace and second to the ball for the majority of the game. You cannot call that unlucky as we were clearly beaten by a better team on the night.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Sorry Robin you are wrong on this one. The effort was not there as we were a yard off the pace and second to the ball for the majority of the game. You cannot call that unlucky as we were clearly beaten by a better team on the night.

Mate, we were a yard off the pace because we gave so much against Bristol City. That was a team playing at 85% fitness in my opinion. Disadvantage of having a small squad.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

If you didn't think the team gave a shit tonight then you don't know what it looks like

We were unlucky in the sense that if we'd scored when we were on top, which we should have as Conway was at fault for that. It may have changed the game. Better team won, but you can still be unlucky. The response from so many on here is embarrassing, I dread to think what would have happened if we'd been spanked 4-0 by Man City, most of you lot would have topped yourselves :roll:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm

What game were you watching, we weren't awful, we were outplayed and out thought by a better team. a team which will do the same to other teams this season. :evil:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 pm

We were disappointing tonight but certainly not awful plenty of effort but not enough quality to answer the thread the other night 'do we need Bellamy?' the answer is a resounding yes :old:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Sorry Robin but we were not unlucky in the slightest.Our tactics were wrong and hitting long balls to the 2 smallest men on the pitch in Earnie and Miller was never going to work against big defenders.Our passing was terrible at times and we looked tired and were second to the ball for a lot of the game.
There is no need to panic but we were just beaten by a better team on the night and we should accept that this will happen now and again, after all this is the championship.
Last edited by Bluebird64 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Thought we were going to rule this game before they scored. We never did anything after they scored and basically let them run the game. Dreadful goal to let in and even worse our reaction after that was worse.

If we lost by the odd goal then it is easy to take but we did not. We never looked like getting back into it, were basically picked off by Brighton and were made to look below average.

Going against the grain of everything before KO but that was worrying.

If you could spell 'awful' correctly then people might value your opinions more highly.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Sorry Robin but we were not unlucky in the slightest.

So Conway not putting the ball away when we were ontop was not 'unlucky' :roll: that would have changed the game. Again people bitch on about tactics like MM had a choice, we lacked either of the two players that this desperately needed in the middle tonight.

Seriously some of you seem to want to lose gives you something to gripe about. Seriously think the jacks have a better quality of fan than us, dont see them going f*cking ape shit about losing to Man City do you? Yet you lot can't handle 6 points from 9 games against West Ham away and Brizzle who went on to beat Leicester.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am

RFMH wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:Sorry Robin but we were not unlucky in the slightest.

So Conway not putting the ball away when we were ontop was not 'unlucky' :roll: that would have changed the game. Again people bitch on about tactics like MM had a choice, we lacked either of the two players that this desperately needed in the middle tonight.

Seriously some of you seem to want to lose gives you something to gripe about. Seriously think the jacks have a better quality of fan than us, dont see them going f*cking ape shit about losing to Man City do you? Yet you lot can't handle 6 points from 9 games against West Ham away and Brizzle who went on to beat Leicester.

Bit of an overeaction Robin.I agree that the team was weakened but it shows that we have no strength in depth which Malky has identified. I think that we will obviously lose matches but we did not deserve to win tonight.We looked lethargic at times and were clearly second best. Malky's tactics in the first half in trying to find our 2 small frontmen with balls in the air was not working and in my opinion he should have brought on Rudy for the second half instead of waiting till 60 mins.
Don't think for a second that our performance was anything but poor and testament to this was the amount of fans exiting from the canton stand with some 4 mins of the 90 left. So it is perfectly fine to critisize the performance and tactics and although we were poor tonight it does not mean that our chances of promotion are any less. Most fans although dissapointed at tonights result will realise this but you will always get a few fans that will overeact.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 am

It seems crazy that we are even taking some of these early results seriously. We are a brand new team, with a brand new manager and things are going to take time. Yes we weren't at our best last night but there are more than enough encouring signs from the first two games that make me think that we will still have a good season. We all know we need players in and we can all see that the current front two don't work but these are things that are only going to be sorted out over time and games.

Yes it's always disappointing to lose and I never "want!" them to lose BUT the positive go with last night is that the players and fans will now be brought back down to earth and expectations kept to decent standards. 23,000 at home to Brighton on a Wednesday night says it all really, we have everything in place to move forward as a club.

Lets take the result on the chin, re-group and go again!

Bluebirds! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:54 am

Personally I feel we are all trying to work out how our team is going to be.

The 2 excellent results we had before last night covered up really how good some of us felt the team was. I'm going to judge the team after 10 games and I'm expecting at least one bad performance from that. Last night I hope was that performance but it did come as a shock to me so early in the season. Before last night I felt we were top 6 but now I feel mid table. Thats a bit of a downer to take.

As I said I'll give it until the 10th game then start going from there. Hopefully we can get back into the top 6 ratings but last night felt like one step forward 2 steps back.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 am

Bluebird99 wrote:It seems crazy that we are even taking some of these early results seriously. We are a brand new team, with a brand new manager and things are going to take time. Yes we weren't at our best last night but there are more than enough encouring signs from the first two games that make me think that we will still have a good season. We all know we need players in and we can all see that the current front two don't work but these are things that are only going to be sorted out over time and games.

Yes it's always disappointing to lose and I never "want!" them to lose BUT the positive go with last night is that the players and fans will now be brought back down to earth and expectations kept to decent standards. 23,000 at home to Brighton on a Wednesday night says it all really, we have everything in place to move forward as a club.

Lets take the result on the chin, re-group and go again!

Bluebirds! :ayatollah:

well said :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:37 am

nobber wrote:What game were you watching, we weren't awful, we were outplayed and out thought by a better team. a team which will do the same to other teams this season. :evil:

Agree with that Nobber. I think people were getting carried away by us winning our first three games. This is going to be a season of rebuilding. And i think we have the Manager to take us up next season and be able to compete in the Premiership :ayatollah: