Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Poyet was always my first choice

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 pm

eddiep wrote:But it's about the season, not just one game isn't it??

if we had an average season and were below Brighton but beat them in a game - would that make Malky supreme over Poyet?

Di Matteo and Makay were my choices before the great one came.

I think we've had the best of the bunch all things considering, money,timing, squad, fans etc

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Eddie i think you're right mate. My first choices were Tisdale from exeter then Mackay but unlike MG i don't speak like i am the final authority on everything.
One thing i did know is that we needed a manager who would have a totally different ethos at the club and i have been so happy to witness the club go "back to basics" and instead of chasing the golden chalice of the premier league by throwing shit loads of money around, they have adopted a more prudent approach that ensures cardiff city will still be here next season. I believe there are very few managers who could have guided us to 4th going into the new year on our budget but thankfully the board have unearthed a real gem in malky mackay :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:19 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:But Poyet is the only manager that has done us good and proper this season.

makes no difference. Dave Jones done Brendan Rogers at Swansea last season yet they played spurs yesterday while we played forest!

Rogers did Jones at CCS.

I can understand why a lot of us preferred Poyet over anyone else.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:But Poyet is the only manager that has done us good and proper this season.

makes no difference. Dave Jones done Brendan Rogers at Swansea last season yet they played spurs yesterday while we played forest!

Rogers did Jones at CCS.

mate i only done it to take the piss out of MG cos he always thinks he's right and is quick to bring up posts from the past when he is!!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:33 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
eddiep wrote:But it's about the season, not just one game isn't it??

if we had an average season and were below Brighton but beat them in a game - would that make Malky supreme over Poyet?

Di Matteo and Makay were my choices before the great one came.

I think we've had the best of the bunch all things considering, money,timing, squad, fans etc

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Eddie i think you're right mate. My first choices were Tisdale from exeter then Mackay but unlike MG i don't speak like i am the final authority on everything.
One thing i did know is that we needed a manager who would have a totally different ethos at the club and i have been so happy to witness the club go "back to basics" and instead of chasing the golden chalice of the premier league by throwing shit loads of money around, they have adopted a more prudent approach that ensures cardiff city will still be here next season. I believe there are very few managers who could have guided us to 4th going into the new year on our budget but thankfully the board have unearthed a real gem in malky mackay :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think you've explained this very well mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what i also like is the apparent honesty,disciplines structured management and lack of blame culture that is oppostite to the last regime. we had great success with DJ and the money pit but, if you ask all my friends - i was anti DJ even when we got the the FA cup final - the reckless stewarding of our club, disregard of young players and the passionless moaning and blaming were ugly to me. We had no squad when malky came here, how mad is that. (we could have also been in the premier, we would have got ripped to pieces by players and agents - prob end up going bust if we went up)

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:46 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

Rogers did Jones at CCS.

mate i only done it to take the piss out of MG cos he always thinks he's right and is quick to bring up posts from the past when he is!!

I was in tears reading this :lol: :lol:

I forgot about this particular Cardiff City slating post by ""General Dislike of Cardiff City""

General really knows his football. Poyet, as we all know, over the last few months, has proved
himself a far better manager than Malky Mackay.

Oh hang on!!! :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:He's a premiership manager and completely out thought MM

I RECKON YOUR A JACK... PLEASE f**k OFF

Grow up and face facts

Read the league tables below, and weep you total cabbage. Brighton was our FIRST
defeat of the season and you mugged Malky Mackay off, you couldnt wait. There is
no f*cking way you're a Cardiff City supporter. God help anyone and anything in this
world that you profess to care about.

This epitomises how you look upon Cardiff City Football Club. To say City can do without
you is the understatement of the year and its only January 1st :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/football/leagu ... 87,00.html

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

Rogers did Jones at CCS.

Fair enough chap. I quite enjoy the confrontations between MG and others. Personally I think MG leaves himself open and reminds me of myself a decade or so ago. It is why I am careful what I post, I've learn't that lesson over time.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

MG who are you who are you? :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Midfield general wrote:Poyet was always my first choice, whats so wrong with that..? I have changed my opinion on MM as time as gone on like may I say many others on this board.

This topic is yesterdays news and very similar to the constant lies stated by thehumblegringo when he first joined the board. However Im prepared to move on just a shame others can't. :lol:

to be fair, i think their point may be that after our first defeat you were quick to jump straight on Malky's back saying he was out-thought and that we should have hired Poyet, when really you should have waited and would have seen that the opinion you were so adamant about at the time could be and has been proved wrong

and maybe you might learn a lesson and not be so quick to criticise aspects of the club in future and just be a supporter maybe?

i doubt you will though.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Poyet was always my first choice, whats so wrong with that..? I have changed my opinion on MM as time as gone on like may I say many others on this board.

This topic is yesterdays news and very similar to the constant lies stated by thehumblegringo when he first joined the board. However Im prepared to move on just a shame others can't. :lol:

to be fair, i think their point may be that after our first defeat you were quick to jump straight on Malky's back saying he was out-thought and that we should have hired Poyet, when really you should have waited and would have seen that the opinion you were so adamant about at the time could be and has been proved wrong

and maybe you might learn a lesson and not be so quick to criticise aspects of the club in future and just be a supporter maybe?

i doubt you will though.

It takes a man to hold his hands up and admit he is wrong and this is one of those times for me. Its a shame others on this board cant do the same.

yeah but as i say its not about admitting you were wrong cos that's obvious in this instance, yeah its great that you can do that when need be but right now what would surely better is if you learn from this in future and are a bit more open-minded when it comes to arguments that are based purely on opinion, especially when it comes to negative issues such as this and other things you are so adamant about regarding the club

because as this has proven... you can be wrong, as anyone can