Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What was the Plan B tonight ??

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm

OK DJ got critised for no plan B , can anyone share what it was tonite ??

We need 4 players in or itll be a long season

Will be intersting to see if everyone is stil happy with rebuilding and mid table

I await the criticism

Re: What was the Plan B tonight ??

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 pm

We need a CB a few Midfielders and Bellamy! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Bledd10 wrote:We need a CB a few Midfielders and Bellamy! :ayatollah:

And a miracle!!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Please don't tell me you want promotion in malkays first season.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Please don't tell me you want promotion in malkays first season.

I do otherwise what was the point of getting rid of DJ ?

Its his first season....he has to rebuild the squad which he isn't done with.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Please don't tell me you want promotion in malkays first season.

Fecking right we do. would have expected it if Dj was here.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:42 pm

henrycecil wrote:

Cause it wouldve been his 8th season

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

This ponce will never have the success DJ had.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:51 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

And what success was that? An FA cup final which we couldve won and bottling to play offs?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

And what success was that? An FA cup final which we couldve won and bottling to play offs?

Well i would take that any day than bottom half nobodies. Hope i'm proved wrong!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Personally, i don't think we will get anywhere near the Premiership until things are sorted "off the field", if you know what i mean. Didn't the Malaysians say mid table consolidation this season? Well with the current squad that [if were lucky] is what we will get!!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 pm

NIBluebird wrote:OK DJ got critised for no plan B , can anyone share what it was tonite ??

Will be intersting to see if everyone is stil happy with rebuilding and mid table

I await the criticism

I'v said all along that i'm not expecting any miracles this season. What i have been looking forward to is a new style of play and bunch of players who work for each other. Did'nt make the game tonight, afternoons this week, so what was our downfall?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

Well i would take that any day than bottom half nobodies. Hope i'm proved wrong!

"bottom half nobodies" really, we've given one bad performance in the past 3 league games and we're bottom half nobodies :roll: its early days still.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Rodgers did it so why not :D :D :D

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote:

Rodgers did it so why not :D :D :D

Didn't he also start off poor? If I recall rightly they did.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:49 pm

i blame the players tonight not the manager,it was them who gave them the two goal not any tactics :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Guys, 2 silly mistakes cost us tonight!! Not the manager, Tuesday afternoon on sky , malky said that the squad wasn't deep enough and he needed a few more faces!! Also only being able to name 5 subs hasn't helped him!! 3 defenders a gk and tidy on the bench tonight, hardly anyone to enforce everyone's so called plan b!!!
This was always going to be a rebuilding season but with a little bit of patience and ally of positive support I think it might be a bit more that a rebuilding one!! So far malkys signings have looked good and very astute when u consider what we have got for what we have paid!! So let him use the window to bring in who he wants, I for one have total faith in him!!
One of our downsides as bluebirds is that we are to quick to criticise!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 pm

If you were at the game you would see it was: give it to Mcnaughton and let him run at them !

If that failed: give it to Mcnaughton and let him run at them.

when that failed they: gave it to Mcnaughton and he ran at them.

But that didn't work, so they gave it to Mcnaughton and let him run at them.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:We need a CB a few Midfielders and Bellamy! :ayatollah:

And a miracle!!

PMSL!

we are gonna do a watford..

its a well known fact, managers bring league patterns with them..

hodgson did to liverpool what he does at fulham and west brom
curbishley gets teams relagated or near
billy davies makes the play offs or their about
mark hughes establishes teams, doesn't win anything doesn't get relagated
dave jones, worked with 3 differents groups of players and around about the same outcome

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm

A plan B... with the abundance of quality players we have on the bench?

Promotion in Mackay's first season when he turned up and only had a few decent players to work with? That makes sense. Absolute sense. :roll:

You are welcome to your opinions of course but I really struggle to find the reason and logic behind the belief that we have this divine right to be battling for promotion.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 pm

henrycecil wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
henrycecil wrote:

To be honest, our club doesnt need supporters like you. We've lost one game and youre already comparing Jones' success to Malky's - absolutely laughable.

You and the rest of the boo boys can do one because you certainly arent helping the situation, getting on the players and managers back when they need our support. In Malky we trust!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:49 am

NIBluebird wrote:OK DJ got critised for no plan B , can anyone share what it was tonite ??

I await the criticism

When you ain't got the personell it's difficult to have a plan B...!! Need more players especially Midfield, Centre Back and striker

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:39 am

I await the criticism

McPhail, Kiss, Gunarsson all injured weakening central midfield.

Mackay has given Miller / Earnie game to click, hasn't worked, so Gestede / Miller. with earnie on bench for me.

Central midfield was the problem last night, difficult to see how it could have been changed with the players available - maybe Quinn/Naylor left back, Cowie into the centre alongside Whitts to play 4-4-1 wih Taylor and Conway wide. Would have been harsh on Mason after Sunday.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:51 am

Zabier wrote:A plan B... with the abundance of quality players we have on the bench?

Promotion in Mackay's first season when he turned up and only had a few decent players to work with? That makes sense. Absolute sense. :roll:

You are welcome to your opinions of course but I really struggle to find the reason and logic behind the belief that we have this divine right to be battling for promotion.

the only answer to that is, when a team replaces their manager , it is generally because he failed.... so u replace him with someone that you think will do the job you want doing... what is the point in replacing the manager to have aspirations to finish mid table... dj could have easily stayed and done this...

mm has not come here to consolidate and push a yr or 2 later, he wants to challenge this yr... it was difficult last night to play against these as our resources were limited, with the ball we are pretty good, but without we struggled.. we missed gunnarsson last night and we def need a right winger and new cb... hudson and gerrard are pretty good in the air and when teams play hoof ball they are fine, but any side that get the ball down an play football we are doomed as they just do not have the pace...

brighton are a well oiled unit who have been together for a couple of seasons, adding to that a makail smith who is a good striker and you have a decent outfit...

lets move on to burnley and see what mm is made of.. i think we will see keinan this weekend and def gestade from the start. but we really need to sort out where whitts is going to play, technically he is brilliant, defensively hes not.. we would have been better chucking cowie in the central mid role as he his a great work horse and would break the play up.. i feel he is wasted out right...

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:21 am

Na i want to be mid or bottom of table struggling week in week out

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:51 am

Midfield general wrote:

I do otherwise what was the point of getting rid of DJ ?

The point was Jones was an arrogant tw*t, who was paid far too much, who fucked it up 3 years running.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 am

Dave Jones was given time to build his promotion pushes. He didnt do it in his first season

As for Brendan Rogers he had the nucleus of a good side, which had played together for a few years.

MM is starting from scratch. its going to take time. If you cant wait f**k off down West.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:14 am

polo wrote:Dave Jones was given time to build his promotion pushes. He didnt do it in his first season

As for Brendan Rogers he had the nucleus of a good side, which had played together for a few years.

MM is starting from scratch. its going to take time. If you cant wait f**k off down West.

Polo spot on mate. It amazes me how people don't understand this. It's not that hard of a f*cking concept to understand is it? If promotion to the Premiership was that easy, don't you think we'd have done it by now?

If you don't have anything positive to say then create a forum where all those of you who are away with the fairies can discuss why we're not top of the table. By all means, have your opinions, but criticising the team after 3 games is an absolute joke and to be honest warrants a lack of respect.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 am

polo wrote:Dave Jones was given time to build his promotion pushes. He didnt do it in his first season

I can wait mate, but im a Cardiff boy. I will tell you something though, if it doesn't happen in the next couple of seasons or so you will get your wish and the next generation of valley fans will ''f**k off down West''.

I know it's only three games in but we were shit against West Ham and probably played them at the right time of the season and caught them cold. Then we beat a team who are one of the favs to be relegated. Then get stuffed by a promoted side.

What i've witnessed so far it doesn't look good and i personally feel we haven't got that much time.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 am

Welcome to the fairweather fans forum. :lol: