Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i hope we dont start miller and earnie tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:05 pm

maybe game time will help,but it looks like they cant play together,my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: i hope we dont start miller and earnie tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Nahh we need them to gel as much as possible

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:12 pm

krab wrote:maybe game time will help,but it looks like they cant play together,my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im guessing youre joking ?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
krab wrote:maybe game time will help,but it looks like they cant play together,my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im guessing youre joking ?

no,not joking, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Evidently Malky see's something in training that says it works.... media opinions are suggesting the same too similar... but hey what do they known.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Weve won the last two games with them so i want to stick with them. We dont need a big man upfront anymore as we dont play hoofball anymore.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:25 pm

ok so we've played 2 matches, Earnie has scored 1 Miller has scored 1 and we started them both playing together in both matches, so I don't see the problem.....

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 pm

i reckon we should only change the team and formation if something goes wrong and so far so good

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Keep the same team I say (With Mason in for injured Gunarsson), to keep building the momentum. Then start chopping and changing a bit in a few weeks time when we have Mcphail and Kiss back from injury, Darcy is back to match fitness and we've signed another striker (Rudy is not ready to start yet and the beast is pants). :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm

my opinion is that they can link up

well last game miller nearly played in earnie a few times. plus they are different threat up front to most strike forces they never stop chasing down and creating mistakes from the opposition team

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm

We don't really have anyone to start other than these two guys. I didn't see all games, but judging by other posts, Gestede isn't good enough/ready to start yet. Mason? Nah.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 pm

quadsas wrote:We don't really have anyone to start other than these two guys. I didn't see all games, but judging by other posts, Gestede isn't good enough/ready to start yet. Mason? Nah.

mason was outstanding :o :o :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:45 pm

quadsas wrote:We don't really have anyone to start other than these two guys. I didn't see all games, but judging by other posts, Gestede isn't good enough/ready to start yet. Mason? Nah.

What game were you watching !

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm not saying that he shouldn't, he just shouldn't start as striker in my opinion.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:47 pm

quadsas wrote:I'm not saying that he shouldn't, he just shouldn't start as striker in my opinion.

He should sit behind Miller and Earnshaw

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Two wins, two goals. one way or another... its 'worked so far'

i know exactly what you mean. but would you sooner Malky throw in the
towel on their pairing after two winning games??

I tend to agree with you, but what if they carry on looking too alike
and looking like square pegs in round holes... but carry on scoring!!!

It would HAVE to mean that they ARE doing something right, maybe
wearing defences out with their movement?

not knocking you bruv, but the DJ era is gone. A lot of his decisions
were so transparent and obviously wrong that a 5 yr old could see through
them... praps we owe Malky and the players a bit more respect, and time :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 pm

3rd time earnie subbed :( :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 pm

I don't think it's really worked in any game.
I really don't get what miller does?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think it's really worked in any game.
I really don't get what miller does?

lets get rid of miller is it ?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm

I wouldn't start him next game.
He must need someone bigger up top with him as so far the only thing he is done is score against west ham and let's be honest it should have been easily saved. His touch is woeful and doesn't look like scoring.

My personal ratings over his three games are 6 5 4 /10 and it's just not enough. Maybe he is catching up on fitness?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wouldn't start him next game.
He must need someone bigger up top with him as so far the only thing he is done is score against west ham and let's be honest it should have been easily saved. His touch is woeful and doesn't look like scoring.

My personal ratings over his three games are 6 5 4 /10 and it's just not enough. Maybe he is catching up on fitness?

fair enough go tell mm then

we all no you don't rate him hope he proves you wrong

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:29 pm

I do rate him actually but his performances so far are just not good enough.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I do rate him actually but his performances so far are just not good enough.

well there we are then

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 pm

We haven't seen the best of Miller yet as he has to drop deep and play the target man role with earnie alongside him, and he isn't a target man! Miller is a very clever player, he needs to be the poacher and play alongside a target man. I would be interested to see stats of the shots we had on goal before and after Earnie went off and Gestede came on.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:17 am

quadsas wrote:I'm not saying that he shouldn't, he just shouldn't start as striker in my opinion.

Have you seen him play this season,,,?? Obviously not coz ur talking shit...!! looks like he is capable of being a very good signing for us..!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:24 am

Wasn't over the moon when we signed Miller in the first place, got a woeful touch, no pace and personally don't think he'll prove to be a good signing and Earnie's best years have long gone, so the two of them upfront is just not going to work. New partnership needs to be tried out Miller and Gestade or Earnie and Gestade...!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:24 am

I agree with the doubters on this subject, yes it's early in the season, and yes they have scored one each, but it's hardly like they terrorised the defences to get their goals, I trust MM to make a decision on the matter but with what we've seen so far we seem to be missing a 'first on the team sheet' striker. Id be far happier if we had a Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy or Jerome up front with miller and Earnie rotating through the bench based on form.

I hope I'm wrong about it, I'm sure MM will make a great decision on the matter.

Oh and on a side note, we can't be starting with Rudy, MM was spot on after the hammers game when he said 'he has potential but lots to learn blah blah'
He proved that getting caught offside against the Worzels with terribly timed runs, no doubt he will be great for us in the future but not just yet for a starting place......