Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAD THOUGHT.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am

That eventually there will be a generation of City fans who will never have experienced a Cardiff City match at Ninian Park and experienced the atmosphere that the old girl can generate. They will only be educated through stories and pictures. Eventually there wont be a sole on the earth that had ever watched a Cardiff game at Ninian Park. :cry: :cry:

Obviously its the way it goes but still really sad....even if we will all be dead when this time comes along. :(

That is all. :D

Re: SAD THOUGHT.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:49 am

Very sad. My middle boy Tommy (aged 7) had a season ticket for last ever season at NP (he was 4) and he was able to to attend the last ever game, the last ever floodlight game etc.. Hopefully he will be able to tell my grandkids and great grandkids all about it...... :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 am

at least theres always youtube :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 am

We will just show them the Leeds game footage. It wasn't the same as being there but even watching that match the atmosphere transcends through the monitor. I have no doubt that over time this stadium will become hostile. In its own way of course because nothing will recreate Ninian Park but last week was a ground breaking match for atmosphere. It helps that we have a team who inspire us and hopefully we can now inspire the team. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 am

i was lucky to have taken my wife and kids on more than 1 occation, my boy was 2 when i had him in the grange end, he fell asleep bless...nows hes 8 and has had a season ticket for the past 2 years, and the good thing is my family have all now visited the new stadium as well, so happy days for me

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am

Even sadder is the lost generations who have never seen City play in the old First division/Premiership, our last home game in the higher echelons of league football being on the 23 April, 1962, a 3-0 [Ward 2,Tapscott] win over West Ham, att 11274. :shock:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Even sadder is the lost generations who have never seen City play in the old First division/Premiership, our last home game in the higher echelons of league football being on the 23 April, 1962, a 3-0 [Ward 2,Tapscott] win over West Ham, att 11274. :shock:

I fall into that bracket, but luckily that dream is always a possibility...Ninian Park is now in the archives. :( Ninian always gave me a Nostalgia feeling, it was packed with history, seeing how far back the old corner terraces went back (e.g between the bob and canton) showed how many fans we used to pack into the old girl. I just hope the CCS can give off 50% of that feeling in 40-50 years time...cant see it though.

oh and a typo error correction from mt first post... soul, not sole. :oops:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Tell me !! i had been gong to Ninian Park sinse the 70s and not once has Ninian Park been reffered to as the old Girl :evil: :evil:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:45 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Even sadder is the lost generations who have never seen City play in the old First division/Premiership, our last home game in the higher echelons of league football being on the 23 April, 1962, a 3-0 [Ward 2,Tapscott] win over West Ham, att 11274. :shock:

23rd my birhtday i was 34 years in the making

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:48 pm

baseboy007 wrote:That eventually there will be a generation of City fans who will never have experienced a Cardiff City match at Ninian Park and experienced the atmosphere that the old girl can generate. They will only be educated through stories and pictures. Eventually there wont be a sole on the earth that had ever watched a Cardiff game at Ninian Park. :cry: :cry:

Obviously its the way it goes but still really sad....even if we will all be dead when this time comes along. :(

cheers,i bet your a bundle of laughs on a night out :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 pm

There are a fare few that didnt go to Ninian park already. :old:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:41 pm

krab wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:That eventually there will be a generation of City fans who will never have experienced a Cardiff City match at Ninian Park and experienced the atmosphere that the old girl can generate. They will only be educated through stories and pictures. Eventually there wont be a sole on the earth that had ever watched a Cardiff game at Ninian Park. :cry: :cry:

Holiday rep for a few years mate, larger than life character who likes to be life and soul of the party!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:There are a fare few that didnt go to Ninian park already. :old:

My 16 month old son is one who has been to the ccs but not to np....

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:24 pm

In all fairness and on equal measures there were just as many shit days and crap atmospheres there as there was good ones.....

Same everywhere you go.

Although, still miss the shit ole! the pitch was beautiful :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm

First went around 1978/79 loved the place felt normal being there as you grow up you move house etc but NP was always there you just connected with the place if you grow up with it.

The new ground is different and a different calibre of people that attend with that the atmosphere is also different.All the middle class people that didn't like NP feel safe and more suited to this new place and when something goes pair shaped its not the old intimidating approach with shouting swearing chanting etc 'Its watered down now and as much as we try to regain it many people just don't want to no.

All the singers wanting this old atmosphere need to sit all together or something I don't no but I miss NP :) :) :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:03 pm

brickyblue wrote:First went around 1978/79 loved the place felt normal being there as you grow up you move house etc but NP was always there you just connected with the place if you grow up with it.

The new ground is different and a different calibre of people that attend with that the atmosphere is also different.All the middle class people that didn't like NP feel safe and more suited to this new place and when something goes pair shaped its not the old intimidating approach with shouting swearing chanting etc 'Its watered down now and as much as we try to regain it many people just don't want to no.

All the singers wanting this old atmosphere need to sit all together or something I don't no but I miss NP :) :) :ayatollah:

We had to move on tho what can you do

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Merlin wrote:In all fairness and on equal measures there were just as many shit days and crap atmospheres there as there was good ones.....

Same everywhere you go.

spot on, I dont think its anything to do with the stadium but fans and fans expectations. The last few years at Ninian had poor atmospheres, id say equal or worse than CCS. I honestly believe some people have rose tinted glasses about Ninian and just think back to certain games.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:29 am

baseboy007 wrote:
krab wrote:

Holiday rep for a few years mate, larger than life character who likes to be life and soul of the party!!!

please note smillies,it was a joke, :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Merlin wrote:In all fairness and on equal measures there were just as many shit days and crap atmospheres there as there was good ones.....

Same everywhere you go.

spot on, I dont think its anything to do with the stadium but fans and fans expectations. The last few years at Ninian had poor atmospheres, id say equal or worse than CCS. I honestly believe some people have rose tinted glasses about Ninian and just think back to certain games.

I AGREE! people forget about playing exeter infront of 6000.

also in this debate about atmos people also forget about the playoff semi against in 2010....magic

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:00 pm

krab wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:
krab wrote:

please note smillies,it was a joke, :ayatollah:

and it was taken as such....