Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

think we will hammer brighton

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

I can see malky wanting to show the likes of boro, saints and west ham that we are the team 2 beat 5 1 city I think :D

Re: think we will hammer brighton

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 am

i hope your right but i think its going to be a close game.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 am

very close match , thye are unbeaten and a very organised team

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:09 am

They hit the ground running and are looking good, I wouldnt under estimate them, as I found when I done that last year with palace it came back to bite me In the arse.

Hope you are right though, would take a point, but think we will get a close win 1-0, or 2-1 for me.

In malky we trust
:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 am

ScottCcfc27 wrote:They hit the ground running and are looking good, I wouldnt under estimate them, as I found when I done that last year with palace it came back to bite me In the arse.

Hope you are right though, would take a point, but think we will get a close win 1-0, or 2-1 for me.

In malky we trust

agree scott, they will be coming here full of confidence thinking that they can get 3 points, mm wont underestimate them, a close game i feel, would like a 2-1 city win, but think 1-1 is more on the cards!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 am

if the defence can keep on top of KMS then i think we have a very good chance. Mason has earnt a starting place.

a win tonight will make city history :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 am

I hope trotskie is right though Blackwood lol.

I would take a point defiantly I believe in this league anyone can beat anyone, I alway hope for a win but before hand would take a point in any game.

They will be a real test for us, gus poyet knows football and loves winning, he will know what Cardiff are capable of and try to play against this

Gut instinct said draw, but as all would love for us to win.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 am

Two nil fairly confortable, they won't know what hit them when we attack in packs !!!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 am

Well we have to win really. Its a home game.

but its still very early days for this team. We know we can battle
we know we can play football, but we still havent played much
together as a team.

I'm gonna stick me neck out.

2-0 Miller and Mason

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 am

Looks like I'm the most optomistic 2nite really hope my prediction is right :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am

Xplosiv3 wrote:if the defence can keep on top of KMS then i think we have a very good chance.

The defence needs to keep on top of CMS as well! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:39 am

i know they won their last game. i didnt really see it so cant comment on how well they played, i saw the highlights against donny and pretty much until donny went down to 10 men they were all over brighton.

3-0 city earnie hat trick! :D

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am

I think we'll struggle to be honest they are very well organised and play a good passing game. Hope your right though :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am

its going to be a tough old game, but i think we will sneak a win

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 am

Yeah, I think if Buckley is missing they will struggle but who knows what our energy levels will be like after Sunday. I'd take a point but think we could snatch a win.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:58 am

taffyapple wrote:Well we have to win really. Its a home game.

but its still very early days for this team. We know we can battle
we know we can play football, but we still havent played much
together as a team.

I'm gonna stick me neck out.

2-0 Miller and Mason
would be a great result. but feel we are still not water tight at the back and likely to conceed..

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 am

I think we'll win well,in their faces from the off-relentless pressure.I think brighton will come looking for a point.If they do 2-0,if they come looking for a win 4-1 to us.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:29 am

Personally I think Brighton have been very lucky so far. Two inury time goals against a weak Doncaster side and then left off the hook by Portsmouth when the Pompey missed an injury time penalty.

i'm just hoping their luck does not continue tonight.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am

We're capable of winning all our home games with our crowd supporting the team til the end :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 am

As long as we play like we did against Brizzle i think we'll come away with a result, but it will be nowhere near as easy, I think Brighton are gonna be like Norwich this year!