Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOUTHAMPTON EARLY SUPRISE PACKAGE!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:08 am

looking strong at the moment, thrashing ipswich away last night.. are they going to be another norwich??

early days but signs indicate they have a very good team and like to play football.. even losing chamberlain ox to arsenal this does not seem to have affected them..

tonight is a massive game for us in my opinion and will be a good test for us playing our 4th game in 10days.

:ayatollah: i can def see brighton scoring,

im going for a 2-1 cardiff...

Re: SOUTHAMPTON EARLY SUPRISE PACKAGE!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am

They only got relegated due to the 10 point deduction for going into admin and last season put togethor not a bad little team for League 1 ...... Lambert will score goals at any level .

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am

Yes, they sent out a massive message.

Not a huge surprise though they were tipped to be up there.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:12 am

West Ham back to winning ways again plus Boro picking up their end of season form too ! Blackpool seem pretty consistent at the mo and Brighton still flying on last season's success .

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:44 am

Vintage 63 wrote:West Ham back to winning ways again plus Boro picking up their end of season form too ! Blackpool seem pretty consistent at the mo and Brighton still flying on last season's success .

yes it is early days , but there are signs of who the strong contenders are,

bristol city looked doomed, however they will no doubt go to leicester tonight and get a result, thats how crazy this league is..

we knew west ham would be there, i am suprised by boros early form though, although as you said they had a very strong finish to season and seem to have continued...

i expect by 10 -15 games we will have a better picture...

3 points tonight though against a decent brighton team will do for me

:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:09 am

I watched the goals on Sky Sports News last night and Ipswich's defending was awful!

Southampton seemed able to waltz straight through their defence at will!

I can't see Ipswich playing so badly defensively again and as it has already been mentioned, it's too early to judge Southampton! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 am

Vintage 63 wrote:They only got relegated due to the 10 point deduction for going into admin and last season put togethor not a bad little team for League 1 ...... Lambert will score goals at any level .

They got relegated because they were s***. The 10 point deduction kicked in during their first season in league 1.

I don’t rate Nigel Adkins as a manager at all at this level, don’t think he can take them up. Good start but don’t think they’ll last the pace.