Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NINIAN PARK HALT RETURNS ON MATCHDAY

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 pm

The club have issued a statement to say that Arriva trains will put Ninian Park Halt back on it's services up to kick off.

Great News :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 23,00.html

Re: NINIAN PARK HALT RETURNS ON MATCHDAY

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm

awesome news they used to do a 1.48 train wich was perfect got you there 2.15 two pints sorted !

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:59 am

My stern letter must have worked a treat

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:45 am

No, it was the Trust according to TLG elsewhere.

From what a mate at Arrive was saying, they'd received a fair amount of complaints as had CCFC. I'd suspect it would have changed irrespective of Trust "involvement".

Speaking of whom, I remember someone bragging about how they'd helped reduce the food and drink prices previously, a while ago. Not a peep about the current prices, funnily enough.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:00 am

the prices at the stadium are a f*cking disgrace, we all live in one of the poorest areas in Europe :twisted:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 am

nerd wrote:No, it was the Trust according to TLG elsewhere.

From what a mate at Arrive was saying, they'd received a fair amount of complaints as had CCFC. I'd suspect it would have changed irrespective of Trust "involvement".

Speaking of whom, I remember someone bragging about how they'd helped reduce the food and drink prices previously, a while ago. Not a peep about the current prices, funnily enough.

That's what I love about this message board, no sniping.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 am

this is good news, however on checking for tonight it seems the last train from grangetown to ystrad mynach/pengam is 2026. not ideal ,

after that 2234 couple of changes taking almost 2 hrs and arriving 0016...

looks like its back to the car again..... :(

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:18 am

bornsurvivor wrote:That's what I love about this message board, no sniping.

I'd explain the point to you, but I might have to use very small words. And use crayons, probably.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:38 am

nerd wrote:

I'd explain the point to you, but I might have to use very small words. And use crayons, probably.

Funny, but that's what you always say. Perhaps because you don't have a point to explain.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 am

bornsurvivor wrote:
nerd wrote:

Funny, but that's what you always say. Perhaps because you don't have a point to explain.

Well, I've never used the crayons remark before, so...

Since you forced me to make the point...

What we know is, from the club statement, talks between the club and Arriva have resulted in a decision being made. This decision is being triumphed as a major victory for the Trust. After all, the Trust met with the club; ergo, that clearly must have influenced the club, right? After all, people contacting the club, contacting Arriva who weren't Trust members would have been ignored, right?

So take a look at the food / drink issue. When Compass originally had their prices high, numerous complaints were made to the club - both by the Trust and by non Trust members. Club met with Compass - this was championed as being *due* to the Trust. We've no idea as to the veracity of that claim or in particular the implied claim that action was taken due to the Trust. Prices reduced - this was again championed as a Trust victory.

What's happened to the prices recently, hmm? If, after all, the Trust have the power that was claimed, then it should be a doddle to get those prices back down, eh?

I've no problem with the Trust promoting good things they do - and despite the general view they do good things. I personally don't see that those things necessitated a Trust rather than a well run Supporters Club but hey ho.

What I don't like its the championing of every issue like this as being "down to the Trust", using it as a recruiting tool, as if onlya) Trust members complained or b) only Trust members matter... I'm sure the club took on board representations from the Trust. I'm also sure they and Arriva listened to ALL people contacting them, not just one source.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:this is good news, however on checking for tonight it seems the last train from grangetown to ystrad mynach/pengam is 2026. not ideal ,

I think there is ongoing engineering works [Network rail] in the Caerphilly area.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:10 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:this is good news, however on checking for tonight it seems the last train from grangetown to ystrad mynach/pengam is 2026. not ideal ,

I think there is ongoing engineering works [Network rail] in the Caerphilly area.

cheers rick...

i can live for another night without a stinking pint off those ghostbusters anyway!!