Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MOGS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TRIAL

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 pm

For those of you following events, Mogs was today found guilty of threatening behavior after the pompey game last year, now for those that don't know what happened, in a nutshell, 3 city fasn were walking back to their car and fiftenn blokes jumped them and were giving them a real kicking.

On of the buses seeing this stopped to get out and save the lads which they did, the pompey boys backed up the road to the pub where the were more of them, the lads off the bus followed them up to make sure no more City fans were there and about to have a kicking, some of the Pompey lot stood and took the bus boys on whilst a good few of them legged it.
Some of those involved had a bit of payback and some may say rightly so.

When mogs got there most of it had happened and one bloke was knocked to the floor in front of him whilst a few boys lumped into him, Mogs could be see on the camera not hitting or kicking this bloke and actually calling the boys off, the mistake he made was calling out to another Pompey fan saying "get this piece of shit up and out of here" and that my dear friends is seen as threatening behavior.
So please ignore David Camerons call for one big society, my advice is if you see a crime such as an assault a rape or a robbery, keep your head down keep walking and don't try to help.

As you can imagine Mogs is gutted, I'm sure Corky will come on and add some more to this later.

Football fans, we are the new terrorists in this countrys eyes, to easy a target.

Re: MOGS AND THE PORTSMOUTH TRIAL

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Yes it raises a concern for me because the Public order Act section 2 offence Mogs was charged with had an alternative verdict attached to it which allowed the jury the chance to find Mogs guilty of something that he was not initially charged with.

This is part of the law and not a stitch up but it is a concern that he went 12 days in court and convinced the jurors that he had not kicked anyone but because he had told the Pompey lad to get up "you "fXXking pice of shit" he was found guilty of a section 4.

Some will say he should be glad he escaped a section 2 but Mogs was not guilty of that and when he is sentenced next month a ban is definite (99%) anyway and a jail sentence was mentioned today although for a section 4 the maximum is 6 months instead of the 5 years possible for a section 2.

He loves his football does Mogs and this will haunt him...I bet he wishes he stayed on the coach now...but knowing him he would do the same again.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 pm

The law and 'justice' system in this country is a joke!!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Gutted for him.

I got banned for Stoke in 2000, its not nice, I missed a lot of stuff, we were in Division 3 when I was banned and when I came back we had beaten Leeds in the FA Cup, Won a Play Off in the Millenium Stadium, had 2 promotions and were in the Championship.. :?

I wont bore you with what happened as you already know, but what another load of bollocks that was.

Hope he gets the minimum ban possible and avoids a custodial.

All the best fellow bluebird. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 pm

gutted for him.it's a joke

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:15 pm

It's a f*cking travesty. The justice system in this country is a joke. :evil:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:47 am

The human rights brigade are up in arms over the " harsh " sentences recently handed out during the English riots ...... wonder whay they have to say about the harsh sentencing of football fans from Cardiff and Chelsea ?? Double standards comes to mind here !!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

totally gutted for him, in this day and age its a f*cking disgusting verdict, helping out fellow fans that were in trouble

anyone know what happened to the pompey fans??

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:15 am

If he was found punching or kicking somebody then everybody, including Mogs would say ok, bang to rights, can't get away from the camera....but to not do either, and just be found shouting something, what a load of bollocks, does that justify a spell inside? Does it f**k...the laws an ass....a good bloke is Mogs, bet the ban will hurt him the most, feel sorry for him.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:56 am

rioters and louters sentances "too harsh"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14553330

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:06 am

utter bullshit yet again. :evil:
Good luck with the sentencing :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 pm

"Gutted" for you mogs. dont accept the sentence. You are a stubborn b*stard stand strong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Is ther any way left at defending mates at football? Cos its gona be murder if ther aint another, how can you get done for baseicly helping somone? Away trips are gona be for pop n crisps from now on, no dis respect to them but you now wot I'm sayin, how els could you travel and garentee no nonsense