Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Luke Chambers

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 92,00.html?
:ayatollah:

Re: Luke Chambers

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:06 pm

god knows what price forest would ask for mind..............

would be great signing if we could pull it off

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:28 pm

hes only got a year left on his contract. can they afford to let him walk for free end of the season?
thats the question

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:hes only got a year left on his contract. can they afford to let him walk for free end of the season?
thats the question

;)

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:32 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:hes only got a year left on his contract. can they afford to let him walk for free end of the season?
thats the question

;)

same for McGugan ;)
id offer 3 million for both :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Chambers would be ideal

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Quality, no doubt about that. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:38 pm

RFMH wrote:Quality, no doubt about that. :ayatollah:

agree lets wait and see :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:41 pm

i'd hope hudson loses his place not gerrard

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:i'd hope hudson loses his place not gerrard

think champers can play on the left and center....... not to sure tho

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm

who would he replace

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm

I would expect Gerrard to lose his place to be honest, Gerrard although playing well has been lucky to get away with some awful passing and should have done better for the Bristol Goal, Its all compitition though :ayatollah: We also have Keinan who I rate, hopefully Gypes can go then as he just simply isnt good enough.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I would expect Gerrard to lose his place to be honest, Gerrard although playing well has been lucky to get away with some awful passing and should have done better for the Bristol Goal, Its all compitition though :ayatollah: We also have Keinan who I rate, hopefully Gypes can go then as he just simply isnt good enough.

i forgot about keinan :shock:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Its paper talk innit.

We dont have Dave Jones here anymore, nobody to offer him 30k a week.

Forest will have to cough up to keep him, and anyway there are other
Clubs if alerted who will pay more for him than us.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Gyepes is probably better than most of the league's 4(maybe even 5)th choice CB and has stated how badly he was treated by DJ last year.

Gerrard did well in his first game against WHU, tackle on Parker sticking out especially and won everything in the air at Brizzle but was turned too easily, by a very good, Maynard. But as MM said, Bristol committed lots of players at that point just to get a goal, ergo the fault also lay in other other areas not just the CB.

He'd be a good aquestition, but this 5 subs rather than 7 is killing creating a good squad with plenty of options on the bench.

Heaton, Keinan, Chambers, Kiss, <new winger>, Mason, Gestede

How great would that be!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Gyepes is probably better than most of the league's 4(maybe even 5)th choice CB and has stated how badly he was treated by DJ last year.

I dont think he was treated badly just not good enough, oxford was about his level and even then he struggled.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:20 pm

whilst i agree he is a quality player, i feel our cbs seem pretty well covered. Hudson and gerrard are two great cbs at tis level, keinan too is good, perhaps we need another cb but maybe pick up a cheaper one purely for cover, and say for 3m get a cb cover of goodquality for 1.5 million, and a good right winger to cover for don cowie for 1.5 milion, as if cowie gets injured im not sure who would replace him, unless conway goes to right side, taylor left and naylor slots in at lb, but then weve had to rejig half the team

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Won't happen, agent trying to get him a better deal. Let's move on!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 pm

"Skysports.com understands Cardiff are considering making an approach for Nottingham Forest defender Luke Chambers.

The centre-half has entered the final year of his contract at the City Ground and is yet to agree fresh terms.

Talks regarding a new deal are believed to have been opened, but no paperwork has been signed as yet.

Chambers, who was handed the captain's armband by Steve McClaren over the summer, has indicated that he would like to remain with the Reds.

His future is yet to be decided, though, and Cardiff believe they may be able to lure the 25-year-old to Wales.

Forest would be reluctant to lose a key man, with Chambers having been named their Player of the Year last season, but know they need to act fast if they are to avoid putting themselves in a difficult situation.

Malky Mackay is in the market for defensive reinforcements as Cardiff prepare to mount another promotion push in the Championship and they could test the Reds' resolve before the transfer window slams shut."

Would be a cracking signing! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Apparently he's worth about £3.5m

I'd say £6.5 for McGugan and Chambers.

what about Chris Gunter??

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am

2blue2handle wrote:

I dont think he was treated badly just not good enough, oxford was about his level and even then he struggled.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28738606/

Whenever the guy has gotten a consistent run for us he's always been called up to play international football. Reads the game better than the other three, but his pace lets him down which isn't surprising given his history.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

Cymru Am Byth wrote:Apparently he's worth about £3.5m

NO THANK YOU!!!!! Aren't Taylor and McNaughton good enough?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:Apparently he's worth about £3.5m

NO THANK YOU!!!!! Aren't Taylor and McNaughton good enough?

no i'm not saying that, i'm thinking about the long run, in case of injuries, etc.