Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Starkey

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Poll: David Starkey: Right or wrong

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 am

i completely agree with him, but he was shot down before anyone would let him explain, he didnt say these riots started because it was a black community and it wouldnt happen if it was a white area. When he means black culture, he means black gangster culture derived from the streets of Los Angeles where people live in appauling and very dangerous conditions but is glamourised by the music industry predominantly with 'Gangster Rap' which glamourises violence, gang culture how to make easy money with no regard for the law or any authority. This culture is taken on by many people in who want to be like these gangster rappers who glamorise a wholly dangerous and illegal lifestyle. I watched a programme last week on how hip-hop has influenced the world and it showed how it had a strong influence in putting the first black man as president of the united states, which is great but it is also responsible for ripping out our moral heart and common decency which we were once so very proud of.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:33 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:i completely agree with him, but he was shot down before anyone would let him explain, he didnt say these riots started because it was a black community and it wouldnt happen if it was a white area. When he means black culture, he means black gangster culture derived from the streets of Los Angeles where people live in appauling and very dangerous conditions but is glamourised by the music industry predominantly with 'Gangster Rap' which glamourises violence, gang culture how to make easy money with no regard for the law or any authority. This culture is taken on by many people in who want to be like these gangster rappers who glamorise a wholly dangerous and illegal lifestyle. I watched a programme last week on how hip-hop has influenced the world and it showed how it had a strong influence in putting the first black man as president of the united states, which is great but it is also responsible for ripping out our moral heart and common decency which we were once so very proud of.

Its a shame the media did show more footage like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdQGQvse8G8 ??? Rest my case. :x

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:i completely agree with him, but he was shot down before anyone would let him explain, he didnt say these riots started because it was a black community and it wouldnt happen if it was a white area. When he means black culture, he means black gangster culture derived from the streets of Los Angeles where people live in appauling and very dangerous conditions but is glamourised by the music industry predominantly with 'Gangster Rap' which glamourises violence, gang culture how to make easy money with no regard for the law or any authority. This culture is taken on by many people in who want to be like these gangster rappers who glamorise a wholly dangerous and illegal lifestyle. I watched a programme last week on how hip-hop has influenced the world and it showed how it had a strong influence in putting the first black man as president of the united states, which is great but it is also responsible for ripping out our moral heart and common decency which we were once so very proud of.

Its a shame the media did show more footage like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdQGQvse8G8 ??? Rest my case. :x

yes but unfortunatly that isnt popular coverage and the good things done by people was dominated by the 'broom army' who came to clear the streets for every 1 bad person in this country there are 9 good ones, which is why that 1 person will always get more coverage than anyone else, bad news sells papers unfortunately.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Midfield general wrote:Personally I can see what he was getting at its just the P.C Bridgade jumping up and down and trying to stop a debate yet again.

No. I know where he thinks he's coming from but how can he say "A spread of black culture"
like that?.. What about the thousands of churchgoing Gospel loving black people in Britain..
thats 'black culture'... you cant take a form of violence and just label it as black. What about
some of them estates in Teeside, Glasgow etc where the kids are roaming round burning cars
every night or stabbing each other? The white people there didnt need 'blacks' to show them
the way.

People shouldnt be so precious when talking about race, and colour and multiculturalism
cos its unhelpful and the PC brigade HAVE made it that British people are afraid to debate
serious issues for fear of being labelled RACIST

But this silly old fucker got it wrong