Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PPI settlement arrived today

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I had a loan back 10 years ago with lloyds. I was made to take out the ppi but was in a full time job with no risks. is 10 years to far back ?? if not will lloyds tsb still have details of this ???

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
welshie wrote:Not quite the same thing, but I'm doing a similar thing for the PPI paid on my credit card. I just wrote a letter to my credit card provider and they got back to me saying there is a 8 week delay for the investigation, that was about 6 weeks ago so just waiting to hear.

Just a small note for everyone, I worked for an insurance company in Glasgow, where we sold personal accident insurance. I had to deal with complaint calls from people who insisted they had said no to being sold the insurance. I was told if a claim was under £250, to just refund the customer because if the customer was to complain to the Financial Ombudsman, if the company won or lost we would still have to pay £250 for the case having gone to the FO.

You never heard that from me right .....;-)

£500 now.

This is 1000% true its same with Gas/electric phone complaints to ombudsman standard fee.

BEst advice ill give as a solicitor DO NOT EVER GO THROUGH A PPI "Firm" or one of those text phone call things.

There is a standard letter easy to find on internet and send it yourself will cost you f**k all.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 pm

brewer918 wrote:I had a loan back 10 years ago with lloyds. I was made to take out the ppi but was in a full time job with no risks. is 10 years to far back ?? if not will lloyds tsb still have details of this ???

Fill out the FOS questionnaire, mate and send it in. You've got nothing to lose. Go to the link I posted earlier on here.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:30 pm

CCFC CF3 wrote:Gents

from someone who works for one of the large banks (can t say which one) the following advice on how to have a better chance

Mention in the letter:

If you where civil servant (banks deem them to have high end employee benefits)
A detailed account of the sale (remembering small details like, a man or woman sold the policy, in was in my local branch in ely or Rumney etc)
You felt pressured, check if the agreement has an X where you sign this is deemed to be pressure selling.
In your letter to the bank tell them (even if not always the truth) you recieved at least 6 months full, pay x2 annual salary death in service, and 6 months full accident and sickness, they got so many complaints they have to take your word at face value.

and what ever you do, DO NOT go through any of the Claims Companies the banks give absoultly no weight if a claim comes from a Customer direct or a Claims Compay, in fact banks are encouraged to look for "genuine cases" so using generic stuff from websites the banks will dismiss sound genuine, put it in your own words. Also if you have arrears on your account Banks will offset against the arrears, if you are succsesful specifically on your acceptance ask for all funds to be sent to you and not offest, the FSA have said customers have this right...

.. hope this helps lads.

If you really do work for a Bank? i cant believe you have come on here and suggested that customers submit fraudulent claims by lying about their employee benefits. :o

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:18 pm

castleblue wrote:Had my letter yesterday from the Halifax with a very nice and acceptable offer of £2056 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Had mine today £5,400 wrote a letter to the Halifax stopped paying ppi on my mortgage 15 years ago Thanks anyway :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Gavlar wrote:I havent done this yet, and I've paid loads of ppi over the years, advice please gents!

Unfortunately, the ads are very miseading, if YOU agreed and signed the form confirming that you wanted ppi at the time, then you have very very little chance of getting any money , and to be honest, why should you have any dosh back ???
I''ve had a lot of loans over the years, but always refused ppi, because I was in a safe regular job.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I havent done this yet, and I've paid loads of ppi over the years, advice please gents!

Unfortunately, the ads are very miseading, if YOU agreed and signed the form confirming that you wanted ppi at the time, then you have very very little chance of getting any money , and to be honest, why should you have any dosh back ???
I''ve had a lot of loans over the years, but always refused ppi, because I was in a safe regular job.

That's not strictly true, trust me.

If anyone can prove they didn't need it, for example, that they had sufficient savings and/or employee benefits through their job, in case of being out of work, then they can still claim, even if they signed up to it.

There was a hell of a lot of misselling, so much so that Lloyds TSB alone have set aside 4.2 billion pounds to deal with it. That must tell you something.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

That's not strictly true, trust me.

If anyone can prove they didn't need it, for example, that they had sufficient savings and/or employee benefits through their job, in case of being out of work, then they can still claim, even if they signed up to it.

There was a hell of a lot of misselling, so much so that Lloyds TSB alone have set aside 4.2 billion pounds to deal with it. That must tell you something.

fair enough mate,I'll give in to your greater knowledge, I feel as though I'm missing out now...

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 pm

i keep haveing txes messsges saying i can claim 2900 back but have never asked or contacted anyone over it..is this just a tx to catch me for money as it asks me to tx back 'info' to find out more..can anymone help me on this please ???

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:50 pm

dowie12 wrote:i keep haveing txes messsges saying i can claim 2900 back but have never asked or contacted anyone over it..is this just a tx to catch me for money as it asks me to tx back 'info' to find out more..can anymone help me on this please ???

Pure scam. I'm getting new texts now saying a relative is in care and I can get a refund on the care home fees

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:30 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
dowie12 wrote:i keep haveing txes messsges saying i can claim 2900 back but have never asked or contacted anyone over it..is this just a tx to catch me for money as it asks me to tx back 'info' to find out more..can anymone help me on this please ???

Pure scam. I'm getting new texts now saying a relative is in care and I can get a refund on the care home fees

cheers m8

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:13 pm

I have a friend who pursue's these claims as part of his business. If like me your not very good with this sort of thing (he's pursueing my claim) he will act professionally on your behalf for a fee that is below the market norm.

If anyone wants his details pm me and I'll put you in touch and ask that he cuts you the same deal he has for me.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:17 pm

PtB wrote:I'm in the process of looking into this too, sent a letter to A&L a few weeks back and waiting on a reply.

Used a template letter I found here http://www.renaissancebusinessfinance.c ... o.php?p=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and another few sites from a basic google search for other tips.

I was self employed a the time and was told I wouldn't get the loan without taking a policy, I was pretty desperate at the time so agreed to it. Did a heap of research lately after hearing of so many positive claims and hoping to get a few quid back. If you don't ask then you don't get!

Got £760 coming to me. Dealt with inside 5 weeks and no questions asked!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm

The company I work for deal with ppi claims. Pm me if you want any advice

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm

I didn't take out PPI but I keep getting texts saying im entitled to roughly £9000. I dont want to text STOP to it in case its a scam and it charges me. The texts are so annoying.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:I didn't take out PPI but I keep getting texts saying im entitled to roughly £9000. I dont want to text STOP to it in case its a scam and it charges me. The texts are so annoying.

I used to get loads of them until I last changed my number. They are a pain in the arse.

Did you know you are also due £4300 from your accident?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 pm

PtB wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:I didn't take out PPI but I keep getting texts saying im entitled to roughly £9000. I dont want to text STOP to it in case its a scam and it charges me. The texts are so annoying.

I used to get loads of them until I last changed my number. They are a pain in the arse.

Is it you sending them? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm

i applied for ppi about 6 weeks ago, went through a company tho, wish i hadnt, ive had loans for around 17yrs with lloyds, just been topping them up when they have become low, got home 2 weeks ago from work to recieve a letter from lloyds offering me 18k, nearly bloody fainted, company took 5k off that tho, so had just over 13k, brought new car and paid all debts off, happy days, so my advice is, cut out the middle man and go it alone

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
PtB wrote:

Is it you sending them? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

westsussexbird wrote:i applied for ppi about 6 weeks ago, went through a company tho, wish i hadnt, ive had loans for around 17yrs with lloyds, just been topping them up when they have become low, got home 2 weeks ago from work to recieve a letter from lloyds offering me 18k, nearly bloody fainted, company took 5k off that tho, so had just over 13k, brought new car and paid all debts off, happy days, so my advice is, cut out the middle man and go it alone

I'd agree with this. I first thought about it when someone in work got a few grand back, but they also shelled out a few grand to the middle man. I decided to go it alone at first and couldn't believe how easy it was. One letter from me, two replies, no questions and an offer made.

I'd encourage anybody to go it alone at first, and use a third party as a very last resort.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 pm

too be honest i wasnt that bothered about paying the middle man in the end, in all honestly i only expected couple grand, but to get 13k was a bonus

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm

westsussexbird wrote:too be honest i wasnt that bothered about paying the middle man in the end, in all honestly i only expected couple grand, but to get 13k was a bonus

I woulda been the same to be honest. Was only expecting £3-400. Having put in no effort though I'd be gutted to have paid someone to carry out the "work" I did!

I'll start handling claims for 10% :D

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 pm

I would never take out a loan for any reason. As soon as you do, another personally financially has you by the bollocks. I'd rather have less and have my bollocks free.