Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Girls under 11s football team in cardiff ?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi, all
Looking for a team for my daughter to join, she is 10 years old and plays at her school and trains with Cardiff Community football. She is keen to join a team now, so looking for one in Cardiff or near by. She lives in Ely so suppose if nothing closer may be Barry or Dinas Powys can be included as near by.
Any help really appreciated.

Re: Girls under 11s football team in cardiff ?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Dreamteam wrote:Hi, all
Looking for a team for my daughter to join, she is 10 years old and plays at her school and trains with Cardiff Community football. She is keen to join a team now, so looking for one in Cardiff or near by. She lives in Ely so suppose if nothing closer may be Barry or Dinas Powys can be included as near by.
Any help really appreciated.

thornhill,cardiff city girls,good luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:19 am

hi the little girl can play for any boys team @ under 11s but would only be for 1 season hopefully by the end of the season
she will then be spotted by cardiff city who start their girls team @ under 12s i hope this helps

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am

Yeah i use to play for Ely Rangers try them

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Dinas Powys have a really good set up where the girls can progress to more senior positions as they have a well established ladies team

good luck

:D :D

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:23 pm

We have a fantastic set up in the valleys....Valleys United Girls from Under 12,14,16,18... Under 12s train at garth park Trealaw in the rhondda from 6.45 -8.00pm every thursday..
My daughter has been part of the setup from the age of 7..she is now 12 and training with the welsh development squad..

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

Thank you everyone for your useful replies. I hope its also helpful for anyone else looking for similar. I have already started contacting clubs that are mentioned above.
Cheers

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 am

great, goodluck to your little girl, and keep us posted on the progress. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 am

i played for Maindy Corries FC for about 5 years im sure girls are alloud in the team for under 11's i currently played u16's but i packed it in now..