Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gunnarson update

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Just spoke to Sean the physio, result of scan tomorrow, ankle badly swollen if ligaments are damaged out for about 5 weeks if not 2 weeks. Although Mason was excellent yesterday we will need a defensive midfielder against Brighton who wont be as bad as Bristol. The only option is Cowie unless you consider Darcy with Mason moving to the right of midfield

Re: Gunnarson update

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:Just spoke to Sean the physio, result of scan tomorrow, ankle badly swollen if ligaments are damaged out for about 5 weeks if not 2 weeks. Although Mason was excellent yesterday we will need a defensive midfielder against Brighton who wont be as bad as Bristol. The only option is Cowie unless you consider Darcy with Mason moving to the right of midfield

Cheers Taffs Well Blue :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm

thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Where is Kiss?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:28 pm

canton blue wrote:Where is Kiss?

Still another 2 weeks

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:
canton blue wrote:Where is Kiss?

Still another 2 weeks

saw kiss yesterday on stage at ccs , he says he is missing for brighton, but will be hoping to make the squad for away trip saturday..

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:30 pm

just play the same team this time play Mcphail, Kiss or Mason instead of Gunnarson :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 pm

I'd play:

----------------------------Marshall----------------------------------
McNaughton------ Hudson--------- Gerrard ---------------Taylor
---------------------------- Cowie -----------------------------------
------ Conway ------------------------------ Whittingham ---------
----------------------------- Mason ----------------------------------
--------- Earnshaw -----------------------Miller ---------------------

OR

----------------------------Marshall----------------------------------
McNaughton------ Hudson--------- Gerrard ---------------Taylor
-Conway----------Gestede----------Cowie---------Whittingham-
---------- Earnshaw -----------------------Miller -------------------

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 am

Midfield general wrote:Now do the rest of you finally agree with me that we should still get Oli in to help out with the lack of depth with our
defensive midfielders..?

I would have to say no, his distribution at times last season was awful and he went missing a lot towards the end of last season. I would hope to bring someone else if for centre mid but for me it's not Oly, sorry.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 am

Midfield general wrote:Now do the rest of you finally agree with me that we should still get Oli in to help out with the lack of depth with our
defensive midfielders..?

Not Oli no.

Not really a lack of depth either, just unfortunate Kiss is injured at the same time.
But Darcy can also do a job in front of the back four

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:57 am

Been on football forums and almost every Brighton fan expects to lose 2-0 so perhaps we can get away with it until Kiss returns

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 am

gunnarson is a brilliant player. can't wait to see kiss involved soon. i'd play darcy in defensive mid on wed :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:11 am

defensive midfielders..?

Merthyr couldnt afford Oli

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:14 am

id play cowie in the middle and mason a bit more wide. then again they all rotated very well against bristol. we are lacking in depth big time in the middle

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am

jezzy666 wrote:id play cowie in the middle and mason a bit more wide. then again they all rotated very well against bristol. we are lacking in depth big time in the middle

We have Gunarsson, Kiss, Whitts, Mcphail, Cowie and Blake who can all play centre midfield, plus a couple of 1st year pros if we are really down to the bare bones. Some better than others granted but we are just unfortunate two of the better ones are injured at the moment.

That still leaves choice of 4 senior players to fill 2 positions.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Craig Bellamy and another midfielder will be fine and one more stiker and we will be fine for this season