Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does DJ Deserve to be part of CCFC ???

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm

i am a current season ticket holder and i have been for 4 years now and I think that sacking Dave Jones was the correct decision by the board and rightly so by us ( CCFC Fans) . but dont you guys think that not involving Dave Jones in the team anymore is a bit harsh?? after all he achieved great things with one of the smallest budgets in the league ( exluding last season ) .
E.G Fa. Cup Final, Playoff Final, decrease in debt. i honestly think that he deserves to be part of our local club in anyway. he said a week before he was sacked that himself and his family were pretty much settled in Cardiff.

Tell me what you think whether or not he should be a part of Cardiff City Fc as a Director or anything ?? :?: :?:

Re: Does DJ Deserve to be part of CCFC ???

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Ok, who is going to let me off my lead?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Perhaps he could be Director of car parking or something like that. Thinking about it car parking around the stadium is a big enough mess already. ;)

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:56 pm

15yroldccfcfan wrote:i am a current season ticket holder and i have been for 4 years now and I think that sacking Dave Jones was the correct decision by the board and rightly so by us ( CCFC Fans) . but dont you guys think that not involving Dave Jones in the team anymore is a bit harsh?? after all he achieved great things with one of the smallest budgets in the league ( exluding last season ) .
E.G Fa. Cup Final, Playoff Final, decrease in debt. i honestly think that he deserves to be part of our local club in anyway. he said a week before he was sacked that himself and his family were pretty much settled in Cardiff.

Tell me what you think whether or not he should be a part of Cardiff City Fc as a Director or anything ?? :?: :?:

aww please dont start the DJ haters on this site off, cos they will just greatly exaggerate how badly he failed as usual

yes mate, he was a great manager for this club and did a fantastic job, one he does not get nearly enough credit for off our fans now that hes left

but a HUGE no to him returning to our club now in ANY capactiy at all, Malky is in charge and thats the way everyone likes it now, having DJ involved would definitely disrupt things and completely undermine Malky

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 pm

part time litter picker maybe. :geek:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 pm

milly44 wrote:part time litter picker maybe. :geek:

:roll:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm

He wouldn't want to be! He is a football manager not a businessman! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Ok, who is going to let me off my lead?

Ahaha, down boy! Everyone has their right to an opinion. I appreciate what Dave Jones did for the club but his time was up... a long time ago. We are better now without him. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 pm

DJ can serve me beer on match days :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 pm

As much as i liked the man for a while. He should have no input in the team this is Malkys team no DJ`s . And i fed up of his grumpy face

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:DJ can serve me beer on match days :lol: :lol:

in the ninian :D

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:02 pm

We are still paying him so in theory he could however I think it's best he doesn't have any involvement now and let MM do it his way.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Those toilets need a good cleaning

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:07 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Those toilets need a good cleaning

Toilets being cleaned by shit? that's a first.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 pm

what does he have to do with debts? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:46 pm

15yroldccfcfan wrote:i am a current season ticket holder and i have been for 4 years now and I think that sacking Dave Jones was the correct decision by the board and rightly so by us ( CCFC Fans) . but dont you guys think that not involving Dave Jones in the team anymore is a bit harsh?? after all he achieved great things with one of the smallest budgets in the league ( exluding last season ) .

He had one of the smallest budgets in the league did he? Cos we were paying
the biggest wages by a long chalk.

He was manager when Cardiff made the step up from Championship new boys
to genuine contenders for a place in the Premiership. We are now one of the
'recognisable' top sides in this division, thats mainly down to him. But when
push came to shove... he didnt have what it took to go the extra mile. We had
an EASY cup run when we got to the final. His ego won the day and he refused
to play Aaron Ramsey even though he'd been our best player for weeks. So
thanks DJ, But history will show... close but no cigar.

When they laid off the manager of ATS in Hadfield Road they never named a tyre
after him did they?

Jones has gone. He's had his chance but ultimately failed

End of.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:51 pm

his wages for 1 , players wages for 2, players leaving for nothing for 3 , that enough or do you need more

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:23 pm

I suppose he can make the tea :D How many sugars do you have in this part of the world ?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Did we have the highest wages last season or is it a myth? GJ has sad we were higher midtable in the wages table.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

How can a manager be responsible for reducing a club's debt?

Yes he did well, but he dug his own grave. We move on to Malky and better things.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 pm

himynameismartyn wrote:How can a manager be responsible for reducing a club's debt?

Yes he did well, but he dug his own grave. We move on to Malky and better things.

By making vast profits on players, sadly debt wasn't reduced as PR went mad.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 pm

I respect the guy for what he did for our club, but for me his biggest mistakes were not embracing the commitment of our fans and not encouraging youth. complete reverse with our new manager..great rapport with the fans and already some good young prospects have been signed up. If the team continue to play with the commitment that was seen on sunday there will be no excuse for the booooo boys to get on the players backs.

Being a football manager is a well paid job but also a cut throat business, when a manager continually comes out with words like "people in this part of the world" then goes on to criticise the fans ambitions for wanting the club to get as far as the potential of the club will allow then he's losing one of his greatest assets...us the fans, then ultimately he lost his job.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 am

himynameismartyn wrote:How can a manager be responsible for reducing a club's debt?

Pertfect shout buddy!

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 am

he can wipe my arse when i take a shit if he wants ? at least he will still be working in the ccs :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 am

He would make a great foundation for the new stand extention!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 am

If there is something to thank DJ for in my opinion was signing Whitts and Super Kev :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 am

Xenonbluebird wrote:If there is something to thank DJ for in my opinion was signing Whitts and Super Kev :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed. And Roger Johnson and Glen loovens, and Michael Chopra etc etc etc

Unfortunately, the list of failed signings is much longer.