Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson and Whitts model pros

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Both Hudson and Whitts in my mind are two of the best professional footballers we have had at the club.They have taken lots of stick from the fans in the past and sometimes justified but for most not. They have never course trouble for the club and over the last 8 months have been amongst our most constant players and I think the fans should support them more than they do
Seems we give more support to Gerrard than them and last season he let the club down by coming back totally unfit and prepared for the new season Glad to see him yesterday thou but still not the player Hudson is

I can't recall a time when fans have not support such decent players with out a song or two to make them feel great I think it's about time we do

Re: Hudson and Whitts model pros

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:48 pm

i agree with your post spot on mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 pm

nicky evans wrote:i agree with your post spot on mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Glad someone does

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:33 pm

nicky evans wrote:i agree with your post spot on mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

me too :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Both Hudson and Whitts in my mind are two of the best professional footballers we have had at the club.They have taken lots of stick from the fans in the past and sometimes justified but for most not. They have never course trouble for the club and over the last 8 months have been amongst our most constant players and I think the fans should support them more than they do
Seems we give more support to Gerrard than them and last season he let the club down by coming back totally unfit and prepared for the new season Glad to see him yesterday thou but still not the player Hudson is

I can't recall a time when fans have not support such decent players with out a song or two to make them feel great I think it's about time we do

Gerrard played pretty well, but Hudson was better.

Hopefully the 2 of them will build a decent partnership, my only concern is neither are very quick on the turn and can suffer against real pace -as per Maynard skinning Gerrard yesterday for their goal. Seem a little bit to similar, both brave,strong and good in the air (I've been impressed with that aspect with Gerrard since his return as I thought he was average at best in the air when forced to play the ball winner role season before last), but both a bit slow on the turn.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Both Hudson and Whitts in my mind are two of the best professional footballers we have had at the club.They have taken lots of stick from the fans in the past and sometimes justified but for most not. They have never course trouble for the club and over the last 8 months have been amongst our most constant players and I think the fans should support them more than they do

I was going to start a similar thread about Hudson till I saw this one! Hudson, who may not be the most gifted of players, plays his heart out week in week out. He is always solid and always gives 110%, and he always makes a point of applauding and showing his appreciation to the fans.......even last season when nobody else in the team made the effort, he always did. I have got a lot of respect for him as a player. And to see his performance yesterday, it was a pleasure, I can see him thriving this year with the hard working and honest type of player that Malky has brought in, surrounding him. I'm just amazed the guy does not have brain damage, the amount he heads the ball!

As for Whitts, he is looking a class act again this season, his touches and his delivery look second to none at the moment....and I would have him down as player of the championship for the first two rounds this season. :ayatollah: