Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GREAT START BUT...

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 am

I don't think we should get too carried away.

It's brilliant to see so much positivity on here and quite right too.

Team played with passion and no little skill. All the new lads did a good job with Cowie and Mason the pick of the bunch for me but all played well.

I used to hate all the abuse we got last season from opposing fans because of our overpaid, not-so-hard-working side failing to fulfill its potential. We seemed like a team of mercenaries with all the loan players.

That's been absolutely turned on its head.

Malky has not put a foot wrong yet but I think we have to be realistic too. You could argue we rode our luck against West Ham and beat a very poor Bristol City side.

The next 10 games will be very interesting but let's keep up the support even when things go wrong as they inevitably will as we can't win every game.

I'm loving it so far though :ayatollah:

Re: GREAT START BUT...

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:05 am

Great post. its vital we keep our feet on the ground. If we're over confident it could POSSIBLY rub onto the players.

But what a start ! the next 10 or so games will really show what consistency we have in our squad. :ayatollah:

Re: GREAT START BUT...

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

good post mate... couldnt agree more about being over confident could rub on our players, i think Brighton will be a great test for the lads but tbh i think we need Gunnarsson or Kiss playing against them. Mackay has built a team this year as has been mentioned loads. Tbh it feels good to have a great team not just great players :ayatollah: