Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Calm down we were fantastic but!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:21 am

Bristol where the worst team i seen down here in years. relegation team for sure in my eyes. Did we make them look bad yes of course we did, the team was fantastic and worked their bloody asses off but ppl on here saying we will win the league need a reality check, mason apart the bench is thin to say the least and our squad numbers are low. playing with the intensity we do ppl will get tired and injured and with our squad at moment we wont be able to cope. I agree with a few that add a couple more players of the same ilk and we could be last seasons norwich this year but league winners at this point no chance, league winners with bellamy plus 2-3 more squad additions hell yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Calm down we were fantastic but!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:36 am

Actually people who are prasing now will be same ones who will critisise and jump on team when they go thru losing straek so lets make most of wins as fans turn too easily on team due to expectations

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 am

There is only one detail that bothered me yesterday, and that was the way Manard turned Gerrard to score his goal, that happened too often last couple of seasons to individual defenders, Gerrard had a good game overall, I just hope the coaching staff reconise it, deal with it and put it to bed, because it was something the previous coach, did or could not resolve.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:07 am

EL JEFE wrote:There is only one detail that bothered me yesterday, and that was the way Manard turned Gerrard to score his goal, that happened too often last couple of seasons to individual defenders, Gerrard had a good game overall, I just hope the coaching staff reconise it, deal with it and put it to bed, because it was something the previous coach, did or could not resolve.

I think that was as much to do with the fact that we were into the last
ten minutes as anything

Gerrard switched off. The game was won.

He'll learn from that (i hope :lol: )

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 am

tonnehead wrote:Bristol where the worst team i seen down here in years. relegation team for sure in my eyes. Did we make them look bad yes of course we did, the team was fantastic and worked their bloody asses off but ppl on here saying we will win the league need a reality check, mason apart the bench is thin to say the least and our squad numbers are low. playing with the intensity we do ppl will get tired and injured and with our squad at moment we wont be able to cope. I agree with a few that add a couple more players of the same ilk and we could be last seasons norwich this year but league winners at this point no chance, league winners with bellamy plus 2-3 more squad additions hell yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll calm down when all of that happens. :roll:

For now we ARE the greatest team in the world, enjoy the moment.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 am

i think the O.P is a good account of things all in all.
However the post that states it was the last ten mins and the game was won, games not won untill ref blows whistle. under DJ i saw cardiff drop points to often from winning positions against teams like birmingham Reading Milwall and Peterborough. we need to play 90 mins and i think with MM we will. Just gotta remember we only just started league and theres alot more to come from this team and management.Rome wasnt built in a day.i think the O.P is a good account of things all in all.
However the post that states it was the last ten mins and the game was won, games not won untill ref blows whistle. under DJ i saw cardiff drop points to often from winning positions against teams like birmingham Reading Milwall and Peterborough. we need to play 90 mins and i think with MM we will. Just gotta remember we only just started league and theres alot more to come from this team and management.Rome wasnt built in a day.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

taffyapple wrote:
EL JEFE wrote:There is only one detail that bothered me yesterday, and that was the way Manard turned Gerrard to score his goal, that happened too often last couple of seasons to individual defenders, Gerrard had a good game overall, I just hope the coaching staff reconise it, deal with it and put it to bed, because it was something the previous coach, did or could not resolve.

I think that was as much to do with the fact that we were into the last
ten minutes as anything

Gerrard switched off. The game was won.

He'll learn from that (i hope :lol: )

Campbell Rice (CR) made a difference for them when he came on. Althought he seemed to have the better of Taylor down that wing I loved the way Conway came back to support him. Yes CR got his crosses in but he is a good players and he had fresh legs against some quite tired ones.

Indeed Gerrard was left standing for the goal but in all fairness he was up against perhaps one if not the best striker in the league. people dont seem to take that into account when it comes to Maynard.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 am

reason y that post repeated is....Fat Fingers vrs HTC Desire..

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 am

Maynard scored a good goal, rather than bad defending. But I don't think we will finish top 6 with Gerrard one of the 1st choice CB's