Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i was hoping for a sellout crowd today

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 pm

first home game of season,a new manager,a new team and we didnt sellout,deeply dissapointed :( :( :( :ayatollah:

Re: i was hoping for a sellout crowd today

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:08 pm

thought it was a good crowd considering we're in peak holiday times and a sunday afternoon kick off

personally, i thought we would have had slightly more...

wurzels following was shocking though!

ps i have a season tkt in the ninian, but had hospitality today and have to say the canton stand was by far the loudest today..

:ayatollah:

I would have been there but family stand sold out and on a budget i cant afford to take my 2 lads into other parts of the ground-family stand costs £28 against £56 in Ninian Stand.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:09 pm

know what you mean but with a modest away crowd and still holiday period we were maybe 1500 down off par anyways

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I would have been there but family stand sold out and on a budget i cant afford to take my 2 lads into other parts of the ground-family stand costs £28 against £56 in Ninian Stand.

this is pissing me off,5 empty seats infront of me for second season going,whats going on :( :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:11 pm

wilts that's 1 of the things that needs addressing .

people taking kids should pay the same cost in all parts of the ground not just the familly section especially if it's sold out

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:13 pm

krab wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I would have been there but family stand sold out and on a budget i cant afford to take my 2 lads into other parts of the ground-family stand costs £28 against £56 in Ninian Stand.

this is pissing me off,5 empty seats infront of me for second season going,whats going on :( :ayatollah:

and i sit in the family stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Attendance slightly up on same fixture last year (16 Oct). A number of teams in Championship had poor attendances this w/e eg., Ipswich only 18k.

Our opening attenance last year was 20,573.

More importantly, I thought the support and atmosphere was good. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Things must be pretty good when anyone is dissapointed at a nearly 23,000 crowd. How many did worzels bring, 700?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:22 pm

krab wrote:
krab wrote:

and i sit in the family stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The 1st 8 games in the family stand are sold out according to website

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 pm

The family stand has been extended to the block between Grandstand and Canton so maybe best to call the office for family deal?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Gareth, there were empty seats all around me in the family stand!!

if you want the block/row numbers give me a shout