Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what happened to the programmes

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:42 pm

sorry but the quality is shyt,i thought i was buying a fanzine not official programme :( :(

Re: what happened to the programmes

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Different paper quality, knew it was gonna be smaller as I read it on the official site,

Just reading it now, lot of content but yeah qualitynot the same

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:47 pm

i think we needed a change for the programmes its boring having the sane design, size and paper quality..

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 am

The A5 size is much better

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 am

And what are those little squares all about for the mobile fone readers ??

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 am

Vintage 63 wrote:And what are those little squares all about for the mobile fone readers ??

i havent tried it yet but its supposed to be a link to more pictures and interactive stuff

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:50 am

New programme is fantastic the QR links are a good step forward, plenty more content and the new size is better. Content was a touch thin so you knew some would cry. but a bit of patience is required as they had clearly been working on other aspects of the programme first. You know, because it's new.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 am

could i get one from the club shop for yesterdays game?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 am

I like the new size but the paper quality is very poor, it`s like the non league programmes, glossy cover with thin paper inside.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:00 am

The new size [A5] is fine, as is the content, but the paper quality is awful.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 am

Would you rather the club spent more on a jazzy programme or saved the pounds and just produced something that was basic but still had the same quality content? I'm glad the club is saving the pennies on things like this.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 am

Zabier wrote:Would you rather the club spent more on a jazzy programme or saved the pounds and just produced something that was basic but still had the same quality content? I'm glad the club is saving the pennies on things like this.

No, just prefer gloss to matte.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 am

Paper quality may not be great but that's because it's being printed on recycled paper.

Personally I think they're doing a good job on the programme. I can see what people are saying about it being like a fanzine but the concept of the football programme has changed. Nobody buys it to find out the team anymore, people just like the articles/posters etc.

So, it has evolved into a matchday magazine which you can read at the ground and when you get home.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am

We have one of the best programmes in the division judging from what I read on the road. Only West Brom's the other season was better. I can live with the recycled paper - it's the content that matters and it's good.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:51 am

NickPenarth wrote:Paper quality may not be great but that's because it's being printed on recycled paper.

Personally I think they're doing a good job on the programme. I can see what people are saying about it being like a fanzine but the concept of the football programme has changed. Nobody buys it to find out the team anymore, people just like the articles/posters etc.

So, it has evolved into a matchday magazine which you can read at the ground and when you get home.

My first thoughts were that the paper was re-cycled, & i'm all for that, it just that i find the print a little bit harder to read, even wearing glasses. I don't agree with buying it not to find out the team, thats the main reason i do buy it, & for the stats as well.
I also enjoy collecting City programs, trouble is i'm fast running out of space! :old: :old: :old:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:30 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
NickPenarth wrote:Paper quality may not be great but that's because it's being printed on recycled paper.

My first thoughts were that the paper was re-cycled, & i'm all for that, it just that i find the print a little bit harder to read, even wearing glasses. I don't agree with buying it not to find out the team, thats the main reason i do buy it, & for the stats as well.
I also enjoy collecting City programs, trouble is i'm fast running out of space! :old: :old: :old:

The programme cant tell you the starting team.

Therefore it's just a magazine. I think it's a good one and am looking forward to more. :ayatollah: