Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parking Tickets Leckwith Hill Very Disappointing

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:37 pm

First league game of the season and Yes the wardens have issued Tickets to some parked on Leckwith Hill , which is so disappointing and demonstrates No common sence at all .

To put the record straight its not a case of My self being resentful of being issued with a parking Ticket as I was one of those who did not receive a ticket .

I have spoken several times with a Police official at Canton police Station who assured me that Parking on Leckwith Hill was legitimate and Fine to do , however the following should be considered . eg

DO NOT PARK NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL NEAR THE BEND
DO NOT PARK NEAR THE EMERGENCY STOP TRACK COMING DOWN THE HILL

ALSO WHICH SEEMS TO BE THE BIG PROBLEM SOME CARS PARK ON THE HILL , HOWEVER PLACE 2 SETS OF WHEELS ON THE PUBLIC PAVEMENT WHICH I FEEL FROM VIEWING THE TICKETS WERE ISSUED TO THESE DRIVERS .
( I guess they are enforcing this law ) but as there are little if no people walking in this area its seems a hard line to take and I guess a Great Money earner )

ALSO SOME CAR OWNERS WERE ISSUED WITH A WARNING SLIP AND OTHERS WERE ISSUED WITH A PENALTY FINE. ??? , WHERES THE JUSTICE IN THIS ?

THERE ARE NO RESTRICTED YELLOW LINES OR PARKING RESTRICTION SIGNS SO IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOME ONE WITH INSITE IN TO THE LAW COULD GIVE AN OPINION .

Lets have some common sence demonstrated by the authorities who issue Tickets

Re: Parking Tickets Leckwith Hill Very Disappointing

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Any one on this forum receive a ticket today or last season and what was the reason for issuing ??

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Dont think it is illegal to park on the emergency stop track though :lol: :lol: might have some problems getting it out :D

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 pm

I had a parking ticket at the reading playoff game last year, parked on leckwith hill. I didn't pay it rang europark or who ever issued it told them I wouldnt be paying and not heard anything since.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 am

I had three last year, have to work on Saturday mornings and takes an hour to get to the ground so am always there for around 2.30 Mark, horrendous to park but always park safe, sometimes not legal tho, have refused to pay them and have not heard anything back. My advice - tell them to sling their hooks! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 am

My wife & i were parking on Leckwith hill regularly last season before our home games, with no problems, up until the Pompey game [Sat 16 April], when on returning to our car we noticed we had a police issued parking ticket on it, saying that it was an "obstruction".
Our car was parked approx half way up the hill, on the left side facing down. At the time both sides of leckwith hill were full of parked cars, but not every body had a ticket?? I was told later that police officers on push bikes had issued the tickets then.
I wanted too complain at the time, but my wife [who is the cars owner] just paid up. I wish we had now.

See link; viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42207&hilit=+parking

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 am

To put the record straight, Parking on any part of the queens highway, where a member of the public has access to can be regarded as obstruction, and liable to a fine, having said that, this is not normally enforced, allthough it can be, parking on a bend, or where there are double white lines in the center of the road ,on a pavement, 15 metres from a junction, or any place that can be deemed to causing an obstruction can result in a fine

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 am

Igovernor wrote:To put the record straight, Parking on any part of the queens highway, where a member of the public has access to can be regarded as obstruction, and liable to a fine, having said that, this is not normally enforced, allthough it can be, parking on a bend, or where there are double white lines in the center of the road ,on a pavement, 15 metres from a junction, or any place that can be deemed to causing an obstruction can result in a fine

In our case, it was probably the double white lines that was the issue, as i believe they run the virtual length of Leckwith hill??? We certainly were not parked on the pavement.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:53 am

Parking tickets are issued by the council not the police.Thats why they want as much money as they can