Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

malaysians get the cash out

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 pm

After that display, give the manager some real cash to invest.

Re: malaysians get the cash out

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm

nahh we have a good team, we dont want to sign to many players now because it may interupt the team abit i would get 1 or 2 more players and we will be just fine

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:39 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:After that display, give the manager some real cash to invest.

What is your point??

That display was immense, Mackay has brought a work ethic to this club we've not seen before
and one that many clubs in this division will not be able to match. So far he hasnt spent a lot.
Big deal. Cowie, Conway, Mason etc etc etc... have Leicester really bought players far superior
to our nine?? They have already proved they can compete with (and defeat) the multi-million
pound midfielders of West Ham

I have no doubt whatsoever that there is money in the pot if he needs it, there are still a couple
of weeks to go. Mackay will get who he wants.

But every penny he saves on transfer fees is a penny towards cementing the foundations of this
Club for years to come.

The Club is beginning to ooze professionalism. Is it professional to pay a couple of million for a
player when you can get a different player, every bit as good, for peanuts.?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:42 pm

i agree taffyapple money doesnt win you games the players needs to work as a team if they want to go places :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 pm

thought the team was class today, work rate on and off the ball was superb.

maybe we just need one or two loan signings now, as we do not know the extent of gunnarsson inj, and having listened to kiss today he said he will miss brighton but should be ready in a week or so..

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Even though we were CLASS today, we definately need to spend more money and bring in players.

The work rate of our squad is immense, but they will tire and we have very little strength in depth to see us through the tough winter months.

Get another 3-4 players in the squad and we'll be a SERIOUS threat!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 pm

My point is Malky has rebuilt the squad with free transfers and smallish fees, and after todays showing he has done a fantastic job, but we still have a small squad, when injuries and suspensions kick in we will struggle. We have finally got the manager we have wanted for years, give him the cash to bring in three quality signings then I believe we will win the league.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:15 pm

12thMan wrote:Even though we were CLASS today, we definately need to spend more money and bring in players.

The work rate of our squad is immense, but they will tire and we have very little strength in depth to see us through the tough winter months.

Get another 3-4 players in the squad and we'll be a SERIOUS threat!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mackay knows we have a small squad, he has already said he is getting more players in.
He has already proved big time that he doesnt need to spend a lot of money to get top
players in. But I reckon the money is there if he wants it

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 pm

We defantly need more depth. Theres going to be injuries and tiredness the longer the season goes on. Wingers is what we need if cowie or conway gey injured we havent got much cover.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:58 am

Scott88 wrote:We defantly need more depth. Theres going to be injuries and tiredness the longer the season goes on. Wingers is what we need if cowie or conway gey injured we havent got much cover.

We need a local lad, nearing the end of a glittering career who earns way too much money!

Anyone know where we can get one?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Not yet totally won over by the Malaysians just yet, What people must remember is that the team MM has put together is mostly players that would have followed Him to Barry Town if he was manager there because they believe in his ability, I dont think any other manager would have recruited such playing staff for so little money spent, I will say that I am a little concerned that our owners may feel they dont have to spend as much as they first thought because of MM's ability do bring good players in (then get laps a Dasie) But i hope they dont take that approach because MM and the Club deserve better. Not to forget they still have to find cash to pay Langsdon as all the Forensic accountants in the world are not going to help them find away not to pay up. :old:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

The problem we got is no strength in depth

If we had an injury to Cowie & Whitts who would we bring in ?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Totally understand the concern of disrupting a seemingly together squad by bringing in other players. However it is a long long season, we are still in the Carling Cup with Fa cup to follow. Injuries are inevitable, so some backup is crucial.
Hudson, Super Kev, Mcphail, both keepers etc have been victims of months long injuries in the past so need cover. Mason and Gestade are young and unproven (though hugely promising!).
I dont think any panic buys or big names with bigger egos are likely to be Malkays style though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:The problem we got is no strength in depth

If we had an injury to Cowie & Whitts who would we bring in ?

Its not a problem YET. If we go through til the end of the month without getting
quality players in it WILL be a problem, cos we'll be stuck til January.

All i'm saying is, So far he has brought in nothing but quality, and in my eyes
it matches Leicesters signings, even though they've spent a lot of money.

So I dont believe for one minute he will work so hard to get this squad up and running,
doing the business, looking quality... then undoing all his good work by not strengthening
the squad!

We have had a summer of fuck-ups as fans.

Why hasnt Dave Jones been sacked ...............................ooops
Why havent we got a new manager................................ooops
Why havent the Malaysians made more of a committment.....ooops
Why hasnt Malky bought any players yet..........................ooops

Perhaps its time we relaxed and let the manager do all the stressing, he
gets paid more than us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm

You get paid ? I'll need to look into this :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm very happy with the squad atm, but I still feel we are lacking that bit of quality in the final third, a player who can change a game out of nothing, BELLAMY.