Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO WE REALLY NEED BELLAMY?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see him back here! But with the wages on offer would we be better off bringing in some good loans? Or buys? On less money.... Younger hungry premiership players looking to make a point to their managers..... I'm sure Malky's working on his backup plan but would Bellamy NOT coming back here really be that big a loss? He'll probably be back here on a free transfer anyway next year If we can't nick him on loan again.... And, as we've been proved, Malky's team can still play some attractive football without him.....

Re: DO WE REALLY NEED BELLAMY?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 pm

I think the signing of Bellamy would be a massive boost to everyone at the club. He fits in with the work ethic and I honestly believe we are still lacking upfront. We have had 2 excellent results but lets not get carried away thinking we dont need a player of Bellamys quality, if we can get him then we must.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm

You make a good point by stating " a player of bellamy's quality "

I'm sure there are a few of them about in the premiership....

But remember the first few words of my post up there ^ ;)

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:06 pm

would love him here but it not heart break if he does not end up here that my opinion tho

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Plenty of premiership players in the prem :lol: but would any of Bellers quality drop down a league on loan? I doubt it.
To me he would be the final piece of the jigsaw

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Yes we do

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Merlin wrote:Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see him back here! But with the wages on offer would we be better off bringing in some good loans? Or buys? On less money.... Younger hungry premiership players looking to make a point to their managers..... I'm sure Malky's working on his backup plan but would Bellamy NOT coming back here really be that big a loss? He'll probably be back here on a free transfer anyway next year If we can't nick him on loan again.... And, as we've been proved, Malky's team can still play some attractive football without him.....

He would love it here this year, all that work rate and the nice little pass and move attacks would suit his game perfectly.

I am sure he will be here very soon and is playing the game perfectly with Man City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BELLAMY IS COMING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Merlin wrote:Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see him back here! But with the wages on offer would we be better off bringing in some good loans? Or buys? On less money.... Younger hungry premiership players looking to make a point to their managers..... I'm sure Malky's working on his backup plan but would Bellamy NOT coming back here really be that big a loss? He'll probably be back here on a free transfer anyway next year If we can't nick him on loan again.... And, as we've been proved, Malky's team can still play some attractive football without him.....

He would love it here this year, all that work rate and the nice little pass and move attacks would suit his game perfectly.

I am sure he will be here very soon and is playing the game perfectly with Man City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BELLAMY IS COMING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I really hope you are right.... :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

YES. I think Bellamy could add much needed depth and be a super sub! :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

LOL! Is the season over already?

Two games!

I'll say it again, IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO GAMES!

Bellers would get in a number of Prem teams and would have a huge impact on us.

Would he be the best player in the league? Yes!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 pm

We do need Bellamy and I think the way we are playing this season will suit him down to the ground.

I think there is a long way to go before it happens, if it happens at a all, but if it does we will see the very best from him under MM. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Bellamy would be the iceing on the cake Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Yes, if we can get him then we should. We are still a couple of players short and he would be a great addition to the team.

Was really impressed today, really enjoyed it. Could not have said that often last year.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:50 pm

When you look at our team we have a great team with no ego's. The players work very hard for 90 mins. If we capture craig then imagine how much better we would do! We could take out Gunnarson and add him it would be a big boost to have him back for the fans and the players. Craig is clever and so are the players we have now. If we do get him we could clinch a top 2 finish believe it or not! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 pm

apart from whittingham, we really are lacking that pure quality to turn a game from 0-0 to 1-0, bellamy can produce something out of nothing, so yes, we should go all out to bring him back imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:53 pm

we also need a tall centre forward i know we have Gestede and Parkin but we need a real quality centre forward that can win every ball in the air and dangerous on the foot too :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 pm

YES!!!!

End of....no debate IMHO!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:00 pm

could be an extra boost if we had him, but we need some tall forwards, ones like rudy gestede. more target men. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:04 pm

yes ,another cm too because kiss and gunnarsson injuryed :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:18 pm

If we dont get him, I dont think it will be a BIG loss, no.

But that goes to show just how much faith we already have in Malky Mackay.

If Craig comes back, it'll be because its the best move for Cardiff City Football Club.

If he doesnt' then Im pretty confident that there are other players on his list that
will come in and prove to be just as effective

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:35 pm

CB showed us especially towards the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the season what he is about. Class..........would say YES we really need CB and I hope he comes back asap. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:37 pm

yes i think we do, bellamy would complete our team as he has the right work ethic that cardiff now have, love to see him back so much

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:08 pm

He'd give me that bit more confidence on promotion !

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:13 pm

"Do we really need Bellamy"? Yes, if we can get him in there's always a place for a fantastic talent like Bellamy, we'd be silly to think otherwise, he's a legend and loves Cardiff as he's a local lad. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Bellamy is pure class and could only improve the team a real leader so it's a massive yes from me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 am

Absolutely yes !

I love Earnie but the partnership of Miller and Bellamy would be a major plus for us. Bellers, as others have said, gives us something extra in those tight games that nobody else can :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:33 am

I've re-read the original post.

Do we NEED Bellamy.

Obviously not. We all by now have faith in the new manager, and im pretty sure we're
confident that whoever he brings in will do a fantastic job, and will fit in with our new
work ethic.

But would he be an absolutely amazing addition to the squad? Most definitely.

Something i've just thought about though. Craigs knee wont hold up for more than one
game a week, we all know that, and with the best will in the world he is still going to
miss games through injury, maybe weeks. Thats just a fact.... Perhaps Malky isnt
prepared to bring a player in who will get preferential treatment over others? Because
Bellamy has to be treated different. Not because he thinks he's some superstar, but
because his knees just aint right.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes, if we want 1st place then we must get him :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 pm

do we need bellamy da what a no brainer bring it on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:19 pm

dont think we NEED him would love him here give the team that bit extra, but hes not essential imo