Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Left Back curse

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 pm

is it just me or today our left back kept backing off leaving them with crosses, they hit the bar from a cross and scored a goal from taylor, why doesnt our left backs close down and always stand off :ayatollah: Cracking result thoo ;)

Re: Left Back curse

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Thought Taylor was excellent throughout

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm

harty10 wrote:is it just me or today our left back kept backing off leaving them with crosses, they hit the bar from a cross and scored a goal from taylor, why doesnt our left backs close down and always stand off :ayatollah: Cracking result thoo ;)

Eh... Did u watch the same game as i did..though Taylor was superb

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I thought he was backing off too much as well, wasn't closing down fast enough giving them way too much time on the ball. :|

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Wouldn't go so far as saying there is a curse just yet, thought he was was great going forward and overall excellent team performance so not moaning at all, but yes, I would agree that he seems to back off a bit (so far).

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:38 pm

I think Taylor is going to be the best left-back we've had in recent memory when the team really starts to gel together and get playing fluently
..but we've got possibly the best right-back/defender in the league with Kev Mcnaughton there so whoever our left-back is they probably wont match up to kev in terms of ability as a full back and that's where you might notice the odd one or two chances coming from down that left hand side

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:57 pm

if you watch any team defenders always back off in the wide areas for some reason, whether it being a case of not wanting to get beat by a man which will be more dangerous than backing off and trying to block a cross, + the goal came from Maynard beating Gerrard with a great first touch, by the time Gerrard turned it was in the back of the net

Me personally would like to see defenders trying to stop the cross but hey I'm just an ordinary fan, and we have just won our second successive game!!

In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:01 pm

For me the left back curse has finally been put to bed, welcome to the capital Mr Taylor :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm

very pleased with what i saw today,my god what a difference to last season.There was so much creativity running off the ball finding space and more.By far a superior team to last season.Also was thrilled with the atmos in the Canton today. :ayatollah: