Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player ratings v Bristol City

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Marshall 7 - used the ball well and made some good saves
Taylor 8 - really like this guy, solid in defence, works hard, gets forward and has a good cross on him
Hudson 7 - played well, some good and bad distribution
Gerrard 7 - won everything in the air, poor distribution but did a great job at the back
Kev 8 - ran and ran, top draw

Conway 8 - assist and goal, worked his socks off and as a top quality cross on him.
Gunarrson n/a
Witts 8 - makes some very difficult passes look so easy, I think witts form will make or break our performances.
Cowie 8 - MOTM what a signing on a free, works so hard, composed on the ball and very intelligent, will get goals and assists as well.

Miller 6 - worked hard in patches but again but lost the ball far to often, but im guessing isnt match fit?
Earnie 7 - got his goal, worked hard and held the ball up pretty well

SUBS
Mason 8 - for a small lad he was pretty strong, got involved and unlucky not to get a goal his performance deserved.
Gestede 4 - LEARN THE OFFSIDE RULE :twisted:

Althought Bristol City were dire we can take so many positives and the changes from last season are very very clear.
The team work is so much better, simple things like pressing, chasing harrasing whatever you want to call it was missing last season but evident today.

Also love the way Taylor and McNaughton got so far forward, this obviously cant be done in every game but today it was very effective.

Re: Player ratings v Bristol City

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 pm

marshall 8
kev 7
hudson 8
gerrard 7
taylor 7
conway 8
witts 9 (motm)
cowie 8
millar 6
earine 7
mason 8

personally i thought witts was class today. cowie works his socks off and conway delivers a lovely cross

i fear for our midfield against a better side, but so far so good. need a few players but im sure we will get them

Re: Player ratings v Bristol City

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:30 pm

paulh_85 wrote:marshall 8
kev 7
hudson 8
gerrard 7
taylor 7
conway 8
witts 9 (motm)
cowie 8
millar 6
earine 7
mason 8

personally i thought witts was class today. cowie works his socks off and conway delivers a lovely cross

i fear for our midfield against a better side, but so far so good. need a few players but im sure we will get them

Scott Parker, Kevin Nolan, Matthew Taylor, Mark Noble.. we wont come up against a
better midfield than that.

We won 1-0