Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man of the match?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Craig Conway for me :ayatollah: Ran the show and ran like hell, very good replacement for Burke :ayatollah:

Other candidates would be Whitts or Mason :ayatollah:

Re: Man of the match?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Mason 'got it' thought Conway and Whitts were good shouts too. Mason went way up in my estimation today (and I was already a fan) f*cking fearless and scared the shit out of the Brizzle players.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Very surprised by Mason's performance, had a tendency the past few games to go missing but he was very solid and exciting on the ball.

Either him, Conway or Whitts for me today, couldn't pick between them, all played brilliantly.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Don Cowie ran himself into the ground, and was very composed on the ball today, excellent signing for us

but I would say Conway 1st, Cowie 2nd, Mason 3rd!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Conway will get more assists and goals that Burke did last season, im sure of that :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:11 pm

A_Jones1983 wrote:Don Cowie ran himself into the ground, and was very composed on the ball today, excellent signing for us

glad somebody noticed how much cowie ran, animal !!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Whitts for me - his distributon of the ball was excellent - very much the play maker
:D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:19 pm

It was hard Today to pick a MoM but my choice was McNaughton...although I do not disagree that Conway, Cowie, Whittingham and Mason were also excellent

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:21 pm

split it for ways whitts conway cowie and mason they all where great today never stopped running :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:39 pm

i think mason was man of the match he played outstanding

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 pm

:ayatollah: i think mason was man of the match he played outstanding

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:47 pm

I thought cowie was outstanding,also impressed with Mason :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:55 pm

A_Jones1983 wrote:Don Cowie ran himself into the ground, and was very composed on the ball today, excellent signing for us

I second that mate and its nice to see players working so hard for each other enjoyed the game cant wait for wednesday

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Mason, Cowie,Conway & Whitts were excellent

Nice to see Marshall, Hudson, Gerrard back ( did not miss a header but got turned easy for the goal)

Miller and Earnie worked hard from the front

Taylor played well, so did Mcnaughton

The work commitment and attitude throughout the whole team was very impressive much improved on last year

Along with the excellent football and movement must bode well for the season ahead

Malky seems to be laying some solid foundations and character into the team

Man the match - Cowie ---- was different class :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Joe Mason ; Very impressed.

Cowie, Whitts, Hudson, oh feck it everyone brilliant work ethic and fighting quality :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 pm

They all deserved it today. They all played together as a team, Well done boys great to watch. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 pm

They all played well but for a young boy on debut to come off The bench and play the way he did was fantastic he was involved in every Cardiff goal and had one disallowed which he didn't look offside to me and always found space! Fair play Joe Mason what a debut!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Conway for me!! ;)

Mason, Whitts and Malky were class too!!

Yes, I did say Malky. I reckon he will be our twelfth man this season with all the shouting and cajoling he does on the sidelines during a game....

You wanted PASSION and you've got it, so support as loudly as you moan!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 pm

man of the match was obviously malky mackay his game plan/pattern of play /substitution /player choices was spot on, for me PLAYER of the match was mason , when he came on it changed the game in our favour totally :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

I don know whether to laugh or cry. I made the Parma friendly after a 600 mile round
trip but really have no idea yet when I'm going to get to another game, because of
work etc. So i'm missing watching my team play, then coming on here and finding out
that the biggest bone of contention for our supporters is: Who was man of the match! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Certainly listening to CCPlayer, it sounded like Joe Mason not only caught the commentators
eye, but got them excited every time he got on the ball. The lad is six months younger than
Aaron Ramsey, has just made a big step up from League One..and looks like he cant get
enough of the ball. This lad is going right to the top!!!!...

So Conway, Cowie and Whitts must have been pretty impressive too eh?

We'll play better teams than Bristol City this season, thats for sure!

Oh wait, we already have :D :ayatollah:

...and more players to come in too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Mason was the surprise for me today looked very confident.. Could pick mom from any one of them really but
A mention must go to malky for his decision to put Mason on at that stage and change the formation, malky man of the moment!!.. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Thought Super Kev was almost unstoppable today, my MOM.