Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

parking at ground??

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:01 pm

going up to the game tomoro, my old mans legs arent what they used to be, any ideas wheres best to park so he doesnt have far to walk??

cheers

Re: parking at ground??

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:04 pm

The street Canton rugby club is on, never had a ticket there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:The street Canton rugby club is on, never had a ticket there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we did tho, last season after the jacks game

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 pm

You can get in the Stadium car park if you're early. I think it's a fiver.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:12 pm

westsussexbird wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:The street Canton rugby club is on, never had a ticket there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we did tho, last season after the jacks game

Bastards! Maybe not then.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:16 pm

i park out side the bus depot, got to be early though

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Asda carpark , just make sure you park up by Costco etc not by Asda :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Do I need a 'pass' to park my motorcycle in the bay (by the Sloper Road fence) in the main club car park guys????

Ta.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:19 am

ccfc-louis wrote:Asda carpark , just make sure you park up by Costco etc not by Asda :ayatollah:

That applied to the first half of last season but not anymore. The whole car park is now well patrolled and will probably will be tomorrow due to it being the first game home of the season. I find though you can get away parking there 30 mins before kick-off.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 am

If you got a job as a bus driver like me you could've parked in the bus depot like I do, don't cost f**k all and yu cars safe. :D

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:26 am

Frantic wrote:
ccfc-louis wrote:Asda carpark , just make sure you park up by Costco etc not by Asda :ayatollah:

That applied to the first half of last season but not anymore. The whole car park is now well patrolled and will probably will be tomorrow due to it being the first game home of the season. I find though you can get away parking there 30 mins before kick-off.

Well before kick off for Parma there were City stewards in the Costco car park advising people that parked there and walked towards the stadium that the area would be monitored.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 pm

I bought a ticket to park in the stadium car park for the full season at £ 130 only because my 5 year old cant walk that far so last year I had the same ticket and it was brilliant so much easier hardly any walking i didn't have to worry.

The down side is it takes a while to get out of the stadium after the game which is very annoying

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello all, I was landed with a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks on Sunday & do not intend to pay anything. Has anyone actually been chased by the Debt Recovery Company, as most of the earlier threads say that they have ignored the tickets and there was no Court Hearing. I did leave the car park, but I also used the services of the Retail Park !

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Frantic wrote:

First game home of the season?

I'm sure I was at Bristol game on Sunday. :?

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm

If your old man has bad legs then why dont you just ask if its fine to park there sure they might let you off

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Bluesky wrote:Hello all, I was landed with a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks on Sunday & do not intend to pay anything. Has anyone actually been chased by the Debt Recovery Company, as most of the earlier threads say that they have ignored the tickets and there was no Court Hearing. I did leave the car park, but I also used the services of the Retail Park !

Yup - I got one too. I don't intend to pay mine either. I also used the services of the retail park from 12:45 until 14:30
The ticket I had issued said that I was seen leaving the car park on foot at 15:00 - highly unlikely as I was in my seat at 14:40
I think they're just trying it on, so I'm going to call them and dispute it.
Whoever wrote the ticket was obviously lying, so think I've got a good chance.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Don't bother contacting them, just ignore everything they send you. The letters get more and moer threatening and then they stop. I've actually got a parking 'permit' that my mate gave me that the staff at the retail park are issued with to allow them to park there all day and they STILL gave me a ticket on the night of the Celtic game. Agree with earlier posts though, sometimes it's a nightmare getting out of there

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 pm

droopy wrote:
Frantic wrote:

First game home of the season?

I'm sure I was at Bristol game on Sunday. :?

He posted in the early hours of Sunday morning smart arse :roll:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for all the comments, I agree it's not best to call / e-mail the Euro Park Company. I checked earlier posts back in February this year, where one supporter had received 6 parking tickets & paid none. It comes down to a fine being 'enforceable', which the City Council & the Police have rights. This is a private company, so you can 'contest' the grounds on issuing the ticket as unreasonable. If you receive a number of letters in succession, then reply and tell them that you are referring this to the Police as harrassment. This has stopped a lot of cases going any further. By asking for video evidence that you left the car park at 3.00pm, then they will not be able to produce this - case closed.