Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dangerous games

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:31 pm

That was the week that was...another rollercoaster of uncertainty for the fans. Confusion maybe a better way to describe the week, either way are we any the wiser?

The club have thankfully allowed fans to pay by instalments for season tickets and after Christmas...However the cynics will say that that Zebra finance are giving the club the money now, less an interest charge, even though fans have 5 months to settle.
This is something we fought for so can't be hypocrites and complain but please consider the fact that £3 million could be raised by January 1st if this offer is fully subscribed.

£3 million of possible future income for use now.

It is also stated that we have raised £1.2 million on the basis that we pay it back from TV income we normally get in March

£1.2 million of possible future income for use now.

Are we putting a lot, if not all our eggs in one basket here? What do we do when the normal time these income streams are due to arrive??????? The cupboard will be bare.

Well we either sell our assets...the players or the Malaysians come along and invest heavily in our club...

This is one hell of a gamble or is it a calculated risk?

Two members of staff, both personal acquaintances of mine, for whom I have a lot of time for have now been suspended...Berwyn Jay and Jason Turner...no complete explanation has been given for these two long time members of staff losing their jobs, there are one or two others who have also left under dark clouds...who is next?

The supporters Trust held a meeting with Peter Ridsdale and Alan Flitcroft(financial director) a few weeks ago, Peter Ridsdale stood in front of over 200 fans on Monday and at both events he was put across convincing arguments that he was doing an excellent job and justified his £350,000 a year out of our far from rich football club.
He was also very confident that all this alarming debt we have around our club can and will be dealt with, every argument we tried to put he had an answer for, no matter what questions were asked.

We have two fans organisations, the supporters Trust and the supporters club, we also have excellent communication through these forums with many other City fans...we need to stick together as fans...this is a difficult time...a potential pivotal time in the History of our club...a Billionaire might be on the horizon or it could be Administration...we have put many eggs in one basket in the hope its the former but there is every likelihood it could be the latter and the fans will be left to try to pick up the pieces.

This is a mad club but its our club, never a dull moment here but one thing stays constant and that is the diehard fans...stick together, get behind the players on the field and keep everything crossed that the off field events are positive

Re: Dangerous games

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Good Post Corky, i know Berwyn also as hes from my neck of the woods,anyone know if hes suspended for speaking up for Jason Turner?It looks like that to me..............

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:12 pm

No Berwyn was suspended a while back..all rumours and stuff from the club...

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Is he suspended cos he joined this message board? :roll:

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm

kavanagh wrote:Is he suspended cos he joined this message board? :roll:

Berywn was suspended a couple of months back I think

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

corky wrote:That was the week that was...another rollercoaster of uncertainty for the fans. Confusion maybe a better way to describe the week, either way are we any the wiser?

The club have thankfully allowed fans to pay by instalments for season tickets and after Christmas...However the cynics will say that that Zebra finance are giving the club the money now, less an interest charge, even though fans have 5 months to settle.
This is something we fought for so can't be hypocrites and complain but please consider the fact that £3 million could be raised by January 1st if this offer is fully subscribed.

£3 million of possible future income for use now.

It is also stated that we have raised £1.2 million on the basis that we pay it back from TV income we normally get in March

£1.2 million of possible future income for use now.

Are we putting a lot, if not all our eggs in one basket here? What do we do when the normal time these income streams are due to arrive??????? The cupboard will be bare.

Well we either sell our assets...the players or the Malaysians come along and invest heavily in our club...

This is one hell of a gamble or is it a calculated risk?

Two members of staff, both personal acquaintances of mine, for whom I have a lot of time for have now been suspended...Berwyn Jay and Jason Turner...no complete explanation has been given for these two long time members of staff losing their jobs, there are one or two others who have also left under dark clouds...who is next?

The supporters Trust held a meeting with Peter Ridsdale and Alan Flitcroft(financial director) a few weeks ago, Peter Ridsdale stood in front of over 200 fans on Monday and at both events he was put across convincing arguments that he was doing an excellent job and justified his £350,000 a year out of our far from rich football club.
He was also very confident that all this alarming debt we have around our club can and will be dealt with, every argument we tried to put he had an answer for, no matter what questions were asked.

We have two fans organisations, the supporters Trust and the supporters club, we also have excellent communication through these forums with many other City fans...we need to stick together as fans...this is a difficult time...a potential pivotal time in the History of our club...a Billionaire might be on the horizon or it could be Administration...we have put many eggs in one basket in the hope its the former but there is every likelihood it could be the latter and the fans will be left to try to pick up the pieces.

This is a mad club but its our club, never a dull moment here but one thing stays constant and that is the diehard fans...stick together, get behind the players on the field and keep everything crossed that the off field events are positive

Paul

he has been trying to dress this loan up as investment by the malaysians
he's been rumbled again

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:25 pm

he's doing what exactly he done at leeds,

Sounds like he's risking everything on these malaysians investing!!

if they don't and find out what PR is really about then we are fooked, plain and simple

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Paul,

A very well constructed post.

It appears to me (assuming that there is no money in the bank) that we could be losing 1 million a month (like Watford and Palace) with the wage bill alone being 1 million and repaying Borley, Issacs, Tax Man (never mind Hammam) as well as the other overheads.

Also it looks like the TV money is going to Barclays, the Premier Seat money to PMG, the catering money has already been used.

So what is the income, 2 x 100,000 match receipts, the Blues rent and the Mugs in the club shop?

A very big gamble indeed.

Mike

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Rumour was Berwyn giving info to the media for cash.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:02 pm

nerd wrote:Rumour was Berwyn giving info to the media for cash.

Yeah, five figure sums apparently. If you see any of that money give me a shout!

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Berwyn wrote:
nerd wrote:Rumour was Berwyn giving info to the media for cash.

Yeah, five figure sums apparently. If you see any of that money give me a shout!

And as I've said elsewhere, happy to have the posts deleted if that in fact wasn't true. And indeed, apologies.

Mind, if anybody at the club can leak information as to why Joe Ledley thinks he's good enough for the Prem, they could make a nice 6 figure sum.