Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW PHONE.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Just got my new contract phone, Samsung Galaxy S II, cracking phone you can speak your text message or even drag your finger over the letters to make a word instead of tapping them. The wife got an i phone 4 shes gutted she didnt get the Samsung Galaxy s II, which was voted phone of the year 2011. Suggest anyone who is renewing their contract to speak to someone who has got this phone.

Re: NEW PHONE.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 pm

tHE GALAXY MUCH BETTER PHONE :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Ive got the Galaxy S2 as well and it is by far the best phone I have had and I have gone through a load of phones.

Like Canton Blue said, anyone looking to get a new phone then dont look any further than the Samsung - absolute quality.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Well happy with my I phone 4 !!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Well happy with my I phone 4 !!!!!

me too

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 am

Maybe a question for the morning ...But what is - are the difference,or the main selling points with the above 2 phones :?:

I aim to get one of the above phones soon,so would like your input ,to which is the best - and why - cheers :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:57 am

Orange have sent me the Motorola Atrix to try and see if I like it as I'm due an upgrade at the moment. I have my heart set on the Galaxy S2 but I have to be honest I was so surprised by this phone, it's got a 1ghz processor, 5mp camera and 720p video recording and I'd only be paying £10 a month on contract. (£5 more if I want internet, and £5 more for phonecare insurance, so it will end up being £20.)

Still, for 20 quid a month and having a £300-400 quid phone isn't bad by all means. But it isn't no S2 granted, the S2 is an absolute dualprocessor powerhouse. Every single person who owns one is the luckiest bunch of bastards ever :(

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:08 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Maybe a question for the morning ...But what is - are the difference,or the main selling points with the above 2 phones :?:

I aim to get one of the above phones soon,so would like your input ,to which is the best - and why - cheers :ayatollah:

Galaxy S II = Android Operating System
iPhone 4 = Apple Operating System

Android is customisable, so non restrictive. Set the phone up with your looks, the way you like it...

Plus Galaxy has a bigger Internal processor (1.2GHZ) ,
Bigger memory (32GB + SD SLOT for another 32GB)),
Faster internet browsing speeds (Dependant upon Network and Location.... for 3G Vodafone much faster than anyone else)

IMO, Galaxy S II; is easily the best phone on the market. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:16 am

Iphone 4 is an excellent phone, and I've had a few phones, I would definitely JAILBREAK an iphone though, as the main benefits of personalising your phone is done through this method! Which apple are not fussed on the idea which is why they provide their restrictions etc etc (however, it is not illegal to do!)

The main reason im posting here is to let you know that apple are holding a media even at the beginning of September to Launch the iphone 5 - and a more reasonably priced budget iphone (which maybe called the iCloud phone or Iphone 4s - which nobody is entirely sure of yet as its been kept well under wraps!

I'm not saying anything about Galaxy S2 - as I don't know much about it, but you can check out some of the latest rumours on the iphone 5 here - http://www.redmondpie.com/apple-to-hold ... -iphone-5/

http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-5-to-b ... ch-report/

What the iphone 5 MAY look like - http://www.redmondpie.com/is-this-what- ... like-pics/

Also to let you know - apple will soon be releasing the iphones latest iOS 5 Software update for iphone 4 and 3GS (last supported FW for 3GS) think its due sometime around the end of august/beginning of Sept. This will give the iphone 3GS and 4 - a whole new layout with a more up to date on screen notification system! (which will apparently be jailbreakable straight away!)

I am considering buying the iphone 5 outright as soon as it is released if i can get the right money for my White iphone 4 (32GB - which is jailbroken, and factory unlocked to ANY network! and has heavily modified tweaks and custom apps already installed!!)

And if you are interested in maybe buying my phone from me! heres what sort of cash you can expect to pay for one! -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=i ... m270.l1313

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 am

Ive been very tempted to buy the galaxy s2, I'm already out of contract on my iPhone 3GS, but September is around the corner, I'm gonna wait for the iPhone 5 announcement.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:29 am

with the iphones you're also restricted to what you bluetooth,as it only lets you bluetooth pics.with android you can bluetooth pic,music and videos. :geek:

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:32 am

DannyBluebird wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Maybe a question for the morning ...But what is - are the difference,or the main selling points with the above 2 phones :?:

Android is customisable, so non restrictive. Set the phone up with your looks, the way you like it...

Faster internet browsing speeds (Dependant upon Network and Location.... for 3G Vodafone much faster than anyone else)

IMO, Galaxy S II; is easily the best phone on the market. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats a very one sided evaluation of the one phone - what about the benefits of the iphone 4? and actually vodafone is NOT any faster than 02 or 3 UK for 3G services!! unless of course you have evidence to prove otherwise?

also I have clocked my processor up using a tweak to more than 1.5Ghz - although this does decrease battery life- but they are only £13 each ;)
(the actual processor speed of the iphone 4 was never disclosed but predecessors speeds were all underclocked to prolong battery life and reduce heat build up)

My iphone 4 is running the iOS (standard apple OS) but I can flick between this and an exact imitation of the Android OS too - if i ever feel like a change! :D

then you make the point of the memory size! I currently am using LESS than half of the 32GB storage available on my ip4 - and have almost 3000 songs installed and god knows how many apps and tweaks as well as around 300 photographs! I don't think anybody would be worrying if they owned a phone with 32GB of storage space!

Ok, admittedly - you need to Jailbreak to get most benefits out of the iphone 4 - but it's easy to do, legal and easily reversible too - as to avoid any warranty violations! (once removed a jailbreak is completly undetectable!)

My last point also would then be that the iphone 5 is due to be unveiled on Sept 7th! (rumoured anyway) This phone will smash the mobile phone market AGAIN!

oh, and theres a reason why Apple are richer than the American Government! - http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/appl ... government

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 am

Maerdy boy wrote:with the iphones you're also restricted to what you bluetooth,as it only lets you bluetooth pics.with android you can bluetooth pic,music and videos. :geek:

unless of course you jailbreak and install a tweak called Celeste - which gives you full on bluetooth file transfer! ;)

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:39 am

Only thing I'm dreading is losing my unlimited data package, I'm literally flat out on my phone in work, on Facebook, twitter, YouTube, this forum and other general browsing, guess I'll have to cut that out.....that's another reason I don't mind waiting for iPhone 5, dreading losing this unlimited data on my 3GS 

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:00 am

Gavlar wrote:Only thing I'm dreading is losing my unlimited data package, I'm literally flat out on my phone in work, on Facebook, twitter, YouTube, this forum and other general browsing, guess I'll have to cut that out.....that's another reason I don't mind waiting for iPhone 5, dreading losing this unlimited data on my 3GS 

3's one plan gives you unlimited data - AND FREE tethering! (which i use now and again)

tethering = using the phones 3G connection to connect a laptop/mac to the internet when out and about (Personal Hotspot under the iphones settings menu ;) )

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:07 am

i got an i phone 4 32gb and i would rather my missus went before my fone :D its not jailbroken but merlin owes me a favour ;)

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:15 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i got an i phone 4 32gb and i would rather my missus went before my fone :D its not jailbroken but merlin owes me a favour ;)

Really!! You'll have to remind me why? :D

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 am

My contracts up for renewal in January and my iPhone has served me well but I think I'll be going with the samsung for one reason only.

If I get the iPhone 5 in january I know by the next year I'll be left behind by the 5GS and most likely the 6, apple develop and release new phones way too often and it just seems like a rip off to me, no wonder they're richer than the US they've conned the majority from their money.

'thank you for buying this iPhone, it was expensive but worth it!'

*two days later*

'up and coming iPhone 4GS much better than iPhone 4!

Americas suicide rates are always high around the launch of a new iphone, conincedence? I think not.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:00 am

The Galaxy S II pisses all over the Iphone and any other phone on the market. Like a few others on here I have had lots of phones and change them regularly but the S II is absolute quality. Root it and you really do have an awesome gadget in your hands to play with.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Well happy with my I phone 4 !!!!!

Same

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:47 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:The Galaxy S II pisses all over the Iphone and any other phone on the market. Like a few others on here I have had lots of phones and change them regularly but the S II is absolute quality. Root it and you really do have an awesome gadget in your hands to play with.

In your opinion! ;)

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Merlin wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:The Galaxy S II pisses all over the Iphone and any other phone on the market. Like a few others on here I have had lots of phones and change them regularly but the S II is absolute quality. Root it and you really do have an awesome gadget in your hands to play with.

In your opinion! ;)

Of course ;)

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Merlin wrote:

In your opinion! ;)

Not really. Specs wise, the GS2 is a better phone than IP4. However I'm sure that any future iPhone will (specs wise) will be the best on the market. But will people be willing to pay through the nose for it when they can get a GS2 cheaply.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:41 pm

DannyBluebird wrote:

Cheers Danny :ayatollah: And to all for your input :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Banned in the Netherlands, UK next? :) :ayatollah:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Merlin when do you expect iPhone 5 out?

Also you say battery's are £13, but how do you put them in? I still have 3GS and battery is shockingly bad. Never lasts an away day.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Merlin when do you expect iPhone 5 out?

Also you say battery's are £13, but how do you put them in? I still have 3GS and battery is shockingly bad. Never lasts an away day.

You have to be extremely careful replacing battery on ip4 as you have to unscrew the audio connection wire to the speakers, I have the right tools ;) you can buy genuine batteries on eBay.

I replaced mine because it shorted out due to water damage - therefore the phone I'd fucked as warranty doesn't cover water damage. But managed to repair myself. Batteries on most smart phones run down alot quicker especially when using apps that require Internet/3G connection or games. iPhone 5 is rumoured to be out beginning of October now with a budget version of the iPhone 4 (maybe called 4s or icloud) on sept 7th. With 8gb storage. The iPhone 5 will use a faster process chip than the galaxy s2 - which is currently used in the new iPad 2.

I recommend anyone that CAN afford the ip5 to wait before switching to ip4 or galaxys2 ;)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Waiting for my 5 as I'm ready for an upgrade :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Waiting for my 5 as I'm ready for an upgrade :ayatollah:

Read my latest forum thread! ;)