Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Riots - More Complex than people think my thoughts

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 pm

A lot of the problems stem from a lack of respect which starts at home with the parents and continues in School but we have a generation who have little respect either for their elders or Teachers and none whatsoever for the Law. Some of this can be blamed on the PC brigade if you try and discipline your children with a smack when deserved they can be straight on the phone to child line or social services.

In school with the lack of an effective deterrent the kids have little or no respect for the Teachers and consequently when they leave School they have very little prospects and virtually no chance of a job and so they just go on benifits and many turn to petty crime.

There is little respect for the Police but this is because in many cases the Police have alienated themselves from the Youth of today by the way they treat them and this has led to an us and them situation, there is no doubt that many of the Police are bullies in uniform who think they can do what they like as witnessed by football fans every week. :evil:

So there you have it disenchanted youths with very little respect for Authority very little job prospects and generally living in improverished areas and i'm not just talking about inner City areas because in any Valley towns you will see gangs of so called chavs hanging around drinking or on drugs who are mostly responsible for petty theft and vandalisim in the area.

It's quite a volatile mix and although none of the above excuses the wide spread looting and destruction we have seen the problem is more complex than a lot of people realise.

Youngsters never mind what colour or nationality need jobs and prospects because it is within the work place they can be taught how to respect others and aspire to improve their lot. I don't profess to know all the solutions but I strongly believe that the unemployed youngsters should work for their benifit by doing work in the community such as removing grafitti helping to build community and youth centres visiting old people to do odd jobs etc .

Thus giving them a sense of purpose and teaching them respect but then where does the money come from well we spend 100's of millions on benefit at the moment and see zero return i would also increase tax on anyone earning more than 100K a year but under the tories this will never happen :evil:

Anyway those are my thoughts or ramblings :old:

Re: Riots - More Complex than people think my thoughts

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Dont over complicate what is just plain and simple thieving!

If these youths are so impoverished, answer me this;

How are they organizing these riots on £300-£600 smartphones?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:11 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Dont over complicate what is just plain and simple thieving!

Yes but my point is that generally people have respect for their fellow human beings and other peoples property and so don't go thieving and destroying property. However we have a generation who have little or no respect and so carry out the acts of wanton valndalisim and theft we have seen if you read my post i'm not excusing it just saying it's complex and there isn't any easy solutions??????

With regards the phones i don't think they all have £300 - £600 smart phones but the ones that do could have stolen them or bought them from the proceeds of drug deals :(

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Dont over complicate what is just plain and simple thieving!

Apart from the fact that blackberries do not cost that much. You can get one for under £100. And then you have the fact that mobile contracts allow people to have phones they would not otherwise have (look how many people have iPhones, yet I doubt many would actually be prepared to pay the £500 upfront that they actually cost).

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 pm

If you have no job or money you will not get a phone contract as you will not pass the credit score, but thats besides the point, all im saying is people keep coming up with complex reasons when the answer is just glaring at them.......GREED!

Every person arrested should be marched home where the contents of their bedrooms (if at home with parents) or houses are piled into the street and set alight, they should then be hit......very hard.......with bats

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:If you have no job or money you will not get a phone contract as you will not pass the credit score

I got a phone contract at 18, not job, no money, nothing. It is not difficult.
But yes, it is besides the point.
Of course greed is a reason, but there are underlying issues that exist, and if these issues did not exist, then these riots would not be taking place. Bad parenting is a huge one. Hell, I know if I was out rioting my parents would be dragging me home and forcing me to go give back anything I have taken etc etc. Why are we not seeing that? Where are the parents?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Parents probably writing out lists of goods they want their kids to loot!

I agree a small number of them are impoverished and no prospects, majority are having fun and want to look hard in front of their mates, look at the interviews last night with that little chav goin "gonna get pissed innit" "police cant touch us" "we want money" never before have i wanted someone to die as much as i did right then

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Reports on the news are saying most of the rioters are of still of school age - at that sort of age I seriously doubt they'll have any real political opinions about the government or the establishment as they know f**k all about what's going on - so it can't be a political thing (imo).

Most are probably from families already on benefits where they have no motivation to educate themselves or try and find work, and the only reason they're rioting is 'because they can'

Agree that it stems from lack of respect / discipline, kids obviously know right from wrong, they just don't care about being in the wrong as they don't suffer the consequences any more.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:59 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:they should then be hit......very hard.......with bats

I know this is a sensitive subject and I am able to see sides for both arguements. That aside, you have no idea how much the above quote made me laugh :lol:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 pm

GilbertoSilva wrote:Reports on the news are saying most of the rioters are of still of school age - at that sort of age I seriously doubt they'll have any real political opinions about the government or the establishment as they know f**k all about what's going on - so it can't be a political thing (imo).

Most are probably from families already on benefits where they have no motivation to educate themselves or try and find work, and the only reason they're rioting is 'because they can'

Agree that it stems from lack of respect / discipline, kids obviously know right from wrong, they just don't care about being in the wrong as they don't suffer the consequences any more.

My point exactly just that you are more succinct than me :D

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:If you have no job or money you will not get a phone contract as you will not pass the credit score, but thats besides the point, all im saying is people keep coming up with complex reasons when the answer is just glaring at them.......GREED!

Every person arrested should be marched home where the contents of their bedrooms (if at home with parents) or houses are piled into the street and set alight, they should then be hit......very hard.......with bats

Don't disagree with this and found the last comment very funny but you would have the PC brigade after you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Why should the young generation have respect for their elders?

In the past few years they have seen MP's raid their expenses to pay for lucrative second homes and seen the Banking industry selfishly destroy the economy (which has resulted in education cuts and the stopping of students EMA payments) whilst those same Banksters still pay themselves extortionate bonuses for all the trouble they caused.

There are 1.5m unemployed 18 to 25 year olds who have no foreseeable future or opportunities. It is exactly the same as in 1981 (the time of the last widespread riots) when I was 20 years old wondering what the f**k the future held.

All in all I don't blame these youngsters because what they are doing now is only following the example of their elected elders, taking an opportunity to screw something for nothing before this country goes to hell in a handcart.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Sadly Mr Williams you are 100% correct in what you say.