Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rioters already in Jail

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am

Speaking to my son this morning he was telling me some of the rioters are already in Jail. The wing he is on at Wormwood scrubs they cleared a whole floor yesterday, and this morning all the cells are full on that floor. The courts are open 24hours to deal with the volume of rioters arrested, and the reception wing is also open 24 hours in the scrubs. My son was saying they are expecting to move a lot of prisoners out of the scrubs to deal with all the rioters, and the Cardiff lads are expected to be on that list for transfers, although some of them may get an early release as their tag release dates are only a couple of weeks away.

All of the Cardiff boys are doing well in there and the ones Iain T and Mikey T who are on the same wing as my son have good jobs so were hoping to serve all the sentence at the scrubs.

Re: Rioters already in Jail

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:22 am

Glad to hear the Cardiff boys are all okay.

What frustrates us all (and especially people like yourself and Corky) is the complete inequality in sentences. It seems like every cardiff lad involved at Chelsea was given a custodial sentence. The scenes across England are far worse than at Stamford Bridge yet how many will get sent down for it-i bet that less than 20% of those arrested get time inside.

Rant over-Oxford here i come.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 am

There has never been parity in the legal system in this country, and coping with this lot will be a challenge for them as the prisons are overcrowded now.

The tactic I believe will be to keep them on remand not offer bail as they are doing now to keep them off the streets. Also that will reduce jail time for them! Everyday they are on remand they have 2 days taken off there actual jail time when they get sentenced. for example if they spend 30 days in remand when they get sentenced say for 10 months like my son; immediately that gets reduced to half 5 months, then they will take 60 days off for the remand reduced to 3 months, then early release date on tag will be between half and 2 thirds of the 3 months so could actually only serve 6 weeks of a 10 month sentence.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 am

vince.alm wrote:There has never been parity in the legal system in this country, and coping with this lot will be a challenge for them as the prisons are overcrowded now.

The tactic I believe will be to keep them on remand not offer bail as they are doing now to keep them off the streets. Also that will reduce jail time for them! Everyday they are on remand they have 2 days taken off there actual jail time when they get sentenced. for example if they spend 30 days in remand when they get sentenced say for 10 months like my son; immediately that gets reduced to half 5 months, then they will take 60 days off for the remand reduced to 3 months, then early release date on tag will be between half and 2 thirds of the 3 months so could actually only serve 6 weeks of a 10 month sentence.

That is outrageous. Those rioters endangered human life and did millions of pounds worth of damage. They should all be looking at 5 years min. I know it want happen but these chavs are far more of a menace to society than football fans.

The govt needs to build more prisons but also carry out a review of sentencing and make it proportional to the crime.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 am

Great news for all the Cardiff fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: