Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We gotta support the boys

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Yesterday's performance was a pleasure to watch - we weren't brilliant but we chased everything that moved. West Ham are ex-prem and have on paper the best midfield that we will play against all season. Our boys held them and even got on top on times by chasing everything and defending high up the pitch. That was the first time for a long time that I haven't been shitting myself every time we give away a corner or every time the opposition starts passing through us.

We asked for a team with passion - we got one.
We asked for a team that plays for 90+ minutes - we got one
We asked for a team with promising youngsters given a chance - we got one

So let's not let the minority spoil it by picking holes in things.

We want the palyers to respect us and come over and acknowledge our support - the players read this forum.

How do you think Kenny Miller feels = coming on here expecting to see a few congratulations on his debut (winning) goal and he sees a topic titled "Miller is shit". FFS - if that was me I'd come over to the crowd next time and tell the f'ing lot of us to "go F*%k ourselves". Strikers strive on confidence and adulation... we need to build them up not slag them off.

He's a tryer, he's a goalscorer, he's not a supersatr but will get his fair share... how many of our prima donnas last year turned in 20 goals - none - so why would we expect him to. It's a team game and we want goals coming from half a dozen players - much harder to close down. He's not even fully fit yet, that showed yesterday, but he still scored and there is much more to come from him.

IMO with what we got at the moment we will lose a few games this year as we rebuild because on times effort will not be enough, but keep up the effort and add a bit more spark, or see some of our young gems start to sparkle and we could do pretty good.

Either way I think the team will do us proud - like yesterday - second best by miles on paper but we took them... I'll happily take a few of those this season, I'll be happy to wait and see the team improve and grow this year too... anything more is a bonus.

So let's just get behind them, support them as they learn and make mistakes, and make them proud of us and wanting to come over and salute us as the 12th man.

We are all Cardiff City... Blooobirds :ayatollah:

Re: We gotta support the boys

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:14 pm

quality post mate.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lets hope the players read all posts and see that the majority of fans are over the moon, it wasnt a few days ago that we were thinking that maybe just maybe we can go there and get a draw.. many tipped west ham to score 3 or 4...

instead mm army did a fantastic job and got three points from possibly our biggest and toughest game of the season...

:D

Re: We gotta support the boys

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm

JayCee wrote:Yesterday's performance was a pleasure to watch - we weren't brilliant but we chased everything that moved. West Ham are ex-prem and have on paper the best midfield that we will play against all season. Our boys held them and even got on top on times by chasing everything and defending high up the pitch. That was the first time for a long time that I haven't been shitting myself every time we give away a corner or every time the opposition starts passing through us.

We asked for a team with passion - we got one.
We asked for a team that plays for 90+ minutes - we got one
We asked for a team with promising youngsters given a chance - we got one

So let's not let the minority spoil it by picking holes in things.

We want the palyers to respect us and come over and acknowledge our support - the players read this forum.

How do you think Kenny Miller feels = coming on here expecting to see a few congratulations on his debut (winning) goal and he sees a topic titled "Miller is shit". FFS - if that was me I'd come over to the crowd next time and tell the f'ing lot of us to "go F*%k ourselves". Strikers strive on confidence and adulation... we need to build them up not slag them off.

He's a tryer, he's a goalscorer, he's not a supersatr but will get his fair share... how many of our prima donnas last year turned in 20 goals - none - so why would we expect him to. It's a team game and we want goals coming from half a dozen players - much harder to close down. He's not even fully fit yet, that showed yesterday, but he still scored and there is much more to come from him.

IMO with what we got at the moment we will lose a few games this year as we rebuild because on times effort will not be enough, but keep up the effort and add a bit more spark, or see some of our young gems start to sparkle and we could do pretty good.

Either way I think the team will do us proud - like yesterday - second best by miles on paper but we took them... I'll happily take a few of those this season, I'll be happy to wait and see the team improve and grow this year too... anything more is a bonus.

So let's just get behind them, support them as they learn and make mistakes, and make them proud of us and wanting to come over and salute us as the 12th man.

We are all Cardiff City... Blooobirds :ayatollah:

110% agreement, a pleasure to be there and watch it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: