Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hmmm

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:41 pm

We're good.
We proved that yesterday.
But are we good enough for promotion? My heart says yes, but my head, well that says otherwise. Mackay has stated there will be more signings, and with the closure of the transfer window approaching those new signings must be on their way to the capital soon! I wouldn't be surprised if big Malky is waiting until the very end, just to see what players he can get, and for what price. Teams like Leicester and Ipswich have been spending silly money I mean c'mon , JET is never worth that much!!
Those sort of teams will be the ones that will do what we did last season, I realise we are taking more of a, and I hate to say it, Swansea approach to things, don't spend to much, but make sure when you spend you get the quality. And I feel we've doen that so far, Taylor, Miller, Gestade and more.
Give it a few more signings, let's say two or three more, and a couple of loans, job done. We can then save for January, because however much depth we have, there will still be players getting tired and what have you.
Last season we had individual class, and the likes of Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra showed that. But this year, as we saw yesterday, we have team class, team spirit, and individual class to go with it. (Rudy, Miller, Marshal Whitts)
So we can do it, just give us time, SUPPORT THE BOYS, AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Re: hmmm

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:50 pm

gwbluearmy! wrote:We're good.
We proved that yesterday.
But are we good enough for promotion? My heart says yes, but my head, well that says otherwise. Mackay has stated there will be more signings, and with the closure of the transfer window approaching those new signings must be on their way to the capital soon! I wouldn't be surprised if big Malky is waiting until the very end, just to see what players he can get, and for what price. Teams like Leicester and Ipswich have been spending silly money I mean c'mon , JET is never worth that much!!
Those sort of teams will be the ones that will do what we did last season, I realise we are taking more of a, and I hate to say it, Swansea approach to things, don't spend to much, but make sure when you spend you get the quality. And I feel we've doen that so far, Taylor, Miller, Gestade and more.
Give it a few more signings, let's say two or three more, and a couple of loans, job done. We can then save for January, because however much depth we have, there will still be players getting tired and what have you.
Last season we had individual class, and the likes of Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra showed that. But this year, as we saw yesterday, we have team class, team spirit, and individual class to go with it. (Rudy, Miller, Marshal Whitts)
So we can do it, just give us time, SUPPORT THE BOYS, AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Agreed. Plenty of time before the window closes and Malky's a sensible bloke, so he won't rush any signings just because of pressure from the fans or the media. Very early days, but a better start than most of us expected.

:)

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 pm

i personally think we have got to make our home games intimidating for teams and it should be a fortress pick up a few good away wins like yesterday we will be fine :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

nicky evans wrote:i personally think we have got to make our home games intimidating for teams and it should be a fortress pick up a few good away wins like yesterday we will be fine :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, two important home games coming up. We have to beat Bristol Titty (I hate the Wurzels and Ipswich did them 3-0, so why can't we?) and Brighton will be a tough one, because they're on a roll after coming up and scraping a late win against Donny in their first game.

Let's hope the atmosphere matches the optimism that a lot of us feel at the moment - and that we keep it up!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 pm

with everybody moving in the ground it should be a lot noisier and if the stewards can leave us alone hopefully we can create a good noise

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm

nicky evans wrote:with everybody moving in the ground it should be a lot noisier and if the stewards can leave us alone hopefully we can create a good noise

Yeah, some of the stewards need to calm down with the power trips they're on, mind. One of them had a word with me at the Parma game because I walked across the Canton End to take a photo! Ooh, major criminal, me!

:lol: