Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO WHERE DO WE ALL THINK WE'LL FINISH NOW????

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Brilliant performance first game. As Malky said, there were EIGHT players
making their Cardiff City debuts yesterday. Obviously we lack cohesion, thats
to be expected. It was hard graft that got us the three points yesterday, and
a special mention for Kenny Miller. He looked off the pace, frustrated and a
shade rusty after his long lay off. But he stuck with it until the end and when
his chance came... class showed!

But...Malky has stated he is after a few players still (Bellers is probably one!)..
I think by now its ok to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his next
signings will be as good as the last batch.

We've seen the bulk of the new team play in a competitive match now, does
anyone doubt we'll be good enough to push for promotion, once he gets the
additional players in?? Bear in mind that if we do not get Craig Bellamy back
then i have no doubts an able replacement will be found, and suspect his
clever dealings in the trabsfer market has left him with a very strong hand
and a few million to spend if need be

Re: SO WHERE DO WE ALL THINK WE'LL FINISH NOW????

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I've always said play-offs, and I firmly believe we will finish at least 6th, because I don't see why shouldn't we, unless injuries, injuries and more injuries.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 pm

one game in?? do we really have to have these chats :P

errrmmm ima say 4th

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

jezzy666 wrote:one game in?? do we really have to have these chats :P

errrmmm ima say 4th

Its only a feeler as to how people think we are looking now they've
played a proper game.

I personally dont think we'll stay off the radar for very long. We have
a very good side now. it will be better still by the end of the month

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 pm

I'll wait untill the end of the month until I make a prediction

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:55 pm

10th and I stick to that. Happy with that, building a strong squad for the future. Perhaps a cup run to 1/4 finals for excitement and money. Need to strengthen with pace in midfield and up front. Obviously more depth to the squad is also needed as Malky said himself.

Clear out McPhail, Taiwo and Naylor. None of them good enough and will release money for replacements.

Also see no future for Gyepes.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 pm

well with most on here, i reckon everyone thinks we will finish top with 100000000000 points and miller scoring 90000000000 of goals

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:09 pm

i really think play offs are a great achievement and 3 more players i cant see why not

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:10 pm

id be very happy if we made the play-offs. i think the auto's are too much for us this season but you neevr know, look at norwich last season.

if we just miss out on the play-offs i wont be too gutted as we are building here and as long as we make steady progress im happy.

defo dont think we should get rid of mcphail. wouldnt start him but he's a bloody good replacement/back-up.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I agree with a lot of you. I would be happy if we ended up in the play offs but if we ended up with automatic promotion, I would feel happier than when we beat the jacks twice and West Ham and Leeds combined! Let's get behind this team!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Ben wrote:well with most on here, i reckon everyone thinks we will finish top with 100000000000 points and miller scoring 90000000000 of goals

No, Ben.

Most of the posters on here have a rudimentary knowledge of football.

You dont

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:45 pm

MID TABLE NOT ENOUGH UP TOP AT MOMENT

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:48 pm

DEANO wrote:MID TABLE NOT ENOUGH UP TOP AT MOMENT

But if we get players in of the same quality we've already signed, and if
one of them is Bellamy for instance??

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

4TH

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm sticking with mid-table to playoffs. Our squad still isn't big enough.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Lower section of playoffs or just below I think.

Beating West Ham yesterday was a brilliant result, but I think they're massively overrated - most of the team (with pretty much the same midfield) were shite last season in the Prem and they fully deserved to be relegated. Don't think we can really look at this result as an indicator of where we are as a team.

I'd like to see how we stack up against Leicester, Ipswich and Forest. If we can hold our own against them then playoffs shouldn't be too far away.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Got to be honest mid table would be a job well done.Remember gents Rome wasn't built in a day.If we made play-offs well i'd obviously take that but as for promotion give Malky a fair crack of the whip. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Ben wrote:well with most on here, i reckon everyone thinks we will finish top with 100000000000 points and miller scoring 90000000000 of goals

you do realise that noone is ever gonna take anything you say on here even close to seriously again, because yesterday just proved how dull and clueless about football you actually are

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:41 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

you do realise that noone is ever gonna take anything you say on here even close to seriously again, because yesterday just proved how dull and clueless about football you actually are

I suggest you to stop posting, because you are football genius, what the f**k are doing on forums? :shock: :o

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 pm

quadsas wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I suggest you to stop posting, because you are football genius, what the f**k are doing on forums? :shock: :o

as ive just commented on another post, i just cant believe you dont see where you are so wrong in all of this

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:49 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
quadsas wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

as ive just commented on another post, i just cant believe you dont see where you are so wrong in all of this

Quadbike is a prize dickhead. End of.

So clueless about Football its heartbreaking

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Wouldn't like to judge yet, too early, there are lots of things to consider, luck obviously one of them. also how long teams take to suss us out and try to nullify our strengths, size of squad, we definitely need a couple more players, injuries, suspensions, tough after Christmas when the bad weather arrives which affects pitch conditions.

This season I'm sure we will have a good plan B sorted, I feel that we will be in a good position at Christmas and confident that Malky will have us challenging for a play off place in the run in. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 pm

to early to judge,we didnt look that good a team if im honest yesterday, but we still got the win and not many teams will win at west ham this season

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:12 pm

predictions ? nah, i`m just going to enjoy the ride :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 pm

i honestly cannot call it. it still feels like new territory

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Same as last week , dunno but about 8th or 9th :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:57 pm

taffyapple wrote:Brilliant performance first game. As Malky said, there were EIGHT players
making their Cardiff City debuts yesterday. Obviously we lack cohesion, thats
to be expected. It was hard graft that got us the three points yesterday, and
a special mention for Kenny Miller. He looked off the pace, frustrated and a
shade rusty after his long lay off. But he stuck with it until the end and when
his chance came... class showed!

But...Malky has stated he is after a few players still (Bellers is probably one!)..
I think by now its ok to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his next
signings will be as good as the last batch.

We've seen the bulk of the new team play in a competitive match now, does
anyone doubt we'll be good enough to push for promotion, once he gets the
additional players in?? Bear in mind that if we do not get Craig Bellamy back
then i have no doubts an able replacement will be found, and suspect his
clever dealings in the trabsfer market has left him with a very strong hand
and a few million to spend if need be

I thought we looked like a team yesterday and not a group of talented individuals and thats the most positive thing, apart from the result of course, from yesterdays game. Also watching MM being so involved from the touchline was fantastic after 6 years of the great bollock scratcher.

But if I have learned one thing from following the Bluebirds for the last 40 0dd years it is wait until the end of September if we are in or around the top 6 then IMO we will be there all season.

If we are mid table or even bottom half I wouldn't worry to much because this group of players will improve and as you say MM has been very cute with his transfer dealings. The most positive thing being he hasn't used up our loan quota like last season so he has plenty of room to move into that market as and when.

I must say I'm feeling pretty positve about yesterdays result and the performance that went with it but as I say ask me again at the end of September where I think we will finish in the league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:46 pm

I have more faith in the set up we have now than at anytime last season, and i had and did my share of over optimism, Im more happier and confident with the City Team we have now, Not because of Our result at westhamorient as iv posted be for the game that the Team MM has assembled has genuine ambition with obvious hunger. Also I bet theres a few chairman/Managers demanding to know how their Club scouts missed out on Gustede, We all know of the defensive quality westhamorient have with the likes of Parker and Co, But they couldnt cope with our Frenchman at all, As for playing just one striker against a good a defense has his own Big Sam looks like He's plenty to learn about the Championship, My opinion is that Cardiff has one of the strongest defenses this season, Im not saying we will win the Championship by 30 points or even finish top six, but if so many City Fans were so confidant last season with that bunch of money grabbing bottlers and individuals that only cared about themselves which was obvious even when we were in the zone, Why not indulge with at least a little optimism with the honest team with no ego's or big time charlies that MM is building?? Some people are saying we road our luck at WH, Riding your luck wins Games Cups and promotions, Ask any Blackpool Fan, Luck also comes in other forms, many Pompie Fans will tell you They got lucky because Mr Jones didnt have faith in a teenager that Arsen Wenger said was a steal at 5M!! :old:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:51 pm

still saying top 10 for me still lacking depth imo would be happy with play-offs and over joyed with automatics !!! :D