Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away Support, and Teams Coming to the CCS

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 am

Any Club that give us Ticket and Travel restrictions should be given the same shit treatment from our club! Every Club will do the same to us unless we put our foot down and do the same to the opposing fans! The Board need to realise its time to fight fire with fire

Yes our history works against us, but surely West Ham, Leeds, Millwall etc have just a bad if not worse rep than us?

Therefore the Club should enforce the same restrictions to give them a bit of there own medicine!

Re: Away Support, and Teams Coming to the CCS

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:34 am

Jimmykingz wrote:Any Club that give us Ticket and Travel restrictions should be given the same shit treatment from our club! Every Club will do the same to us unless we put our foot down and do the same to the opposing fans! The Board need to realise its time to fight fire with fire

Yes our history works against us, but surely West Ham, Leeds, Millwall etc have just a bad if not worse rep than us?

Therefore the Club should enforce the same restrictions to give them a bit of there own medicine!

Exactly by reducing the number of fans we can bring gives them an unfair advantage, do the same to them, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth !!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am

its the only way to stop the bubbled games push people enough and they will stand up and be counted :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes, and I assume those wanting away fans restricted at CCS will personally give the club the money lost?

No?

The only way to fight the restrictions is to NOT GO TO THOSE GAMES.

Empty stands mean the issue gets publicised.

Empty stands means other clubs thus have a financial interest in dealing with the problem.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Nerd, spot on. Sadly there are too many apathetic or self-centred people in South Wales for a full scale boycott to work.

Yesterday was perfect what with the game being televised on national free-to-air television.

Then again, with the suffering we put ourselves through just by watching them it's obvious all Cardiff City fans are masochists :lol:

I would add, here, why should innocent, law abiding supporters of other football clubs suffer as a direct result of the incomptence of the Metropolitan, West Yorkshire and West Midlands police forces?

I want supporters to come down, experience the capital of my country and, aside from the game itself, enjoy the day out. The more that do this the more money gets pumped into the club and potentially the local economy.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm

nerd wrote:Yes, and I assume those wanting away fans restricted at CCS will personally give the club the money lost?

No?

Empty stands means other clubs thus have a financial interest in dealing with the problem.

The stand was empty yesterday, barring the City fans, and all the commentator said was that the segregation kicked in. No mention about the draconian measures our fans had to put up with. I agree with the first post although I can see your point, Nerd

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Sorry but myself and 1200 other city fans are pethetic and self centred fo. r not boycotting and supporting the boys on the pitch??
a chance to go to upton park to play one of the biggest clubs in the league, I couodnt resist and it payed off. Even with the restrictions, I had one of the best away trips ever.

you think if we boycotted yesterdays game, that if we played west ham away nexyear, then the restrictions would be lifted? No way

If the police think there may be trouble, then they will see fit to do what they want

My opinion anyways

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:07 pm

eighty_8 wrote:Sorry but myself and 1200 other city fans are pethetic and self centred fo. r not boycotting and supporting the boys on the pitch??
a chance to go to upton park to play one of the biggest clubs in the league, I couodnt resist and it payed off. Even with the restrictions, I had one of the best away trips ever.

you think if we boycotted yesterdays game, that if we played west ham away nexyear, then the restrictions would be lifted? No way

If the police think there may be trouble, then they will see fit to do what they want

My opinion anyways

And you think the restrictions next year would be lifted because?

The argument would be that there were no problems BECAUSE of the restrictions.

If you're prepared to put up with the restrictions, can't really complain about them tbh.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:21 pm

nerd wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:Sorry but myself and 1200 other city fans are pethetic and self centred fo. r not boycotting and supporting the boys on the pitch??

My opinion anyways

And you think the restrictions next year would be lifted because?

The argument would be that there were no problems BECAUSE of the restrictions.

If you're prepared to put up with the restrictions, can't really complain about them tbh.

And you think that if everyone had boycotted that would have made a difference because?! It would have made no difference at all apart from the big smile on the face of the met police.

The people who didn't go yesterday missed out, and I am far from being a self centered person, I just wanted to support my team, but each to their own.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Personally I think us getting tv time with our banners has made more of an impact that just not turning up.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 pm

The banners were displayed for about a second at most.

With no mention from the commentators or the press. Indeed, West Ham fans had no idea what it was about.

So in short, about as much effect as DJ trying to get a team promoted...

People are still not getting it. Restrictions won't get lifted until there's significant pressure to do so. 1250 or how many went yesterday, no trouble, West Ham happy having had some money, Met police happy, well, what motivation have they got to lift those restrictions for next season?

No fans attend - Met police happy. West Ham not happy, receiving precisely zero income from away fans.

The club cannot unilaterally get the restrictions lifted. There needs to be pressure applied from all sides - which of the two scenarios above do you think would motivate West Ham to act?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:01 pm

nerd wrote:The banners were displayed for about a second at most.

With no mention from the commentators or the press. Indeed, West Ham fans had no idea what it was about.

So in short, about as much effect as DJ trying to get a team promoted...

People are still not getting it. Restrictions won't get lifted until there's significant pressure to do so. 1250 or how many went yesterday, no trouble, West Ham happy having had some money, Met police happy, well, what motivation have they got to lift those restrictions for next season?

No fans attend - Met police happy. West Ham not happy, receiving precisely zero income from away fans.

The club cannot unilaterally get the restrictions lifted. There needs to be pressure applied from all sides - which of the two scenarios above do you think would motivate West Ham to act?

wouldn't the police have the final say?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Nerd very unfair view that is.. so loyal fans that went yday who follow them most games are all of what you said? leaving at 6:30 for our own good?

No it was to support the team and get behide the new team aren't we allowed to do that?

We went caused no trouble had good bit banter didn't kick off what so ever proves it a little and in fairness the police did good job sorting it out only a good thing.

not turning up doesn't change peoples view it just keeps it the same.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Im glad i went yesterday i did think long and hard about a boycott. The only way would have been an out right boycott but there again the team needed our support there. The way i looked at it was if i didnt go someone else would have jumped in my place .

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:56 pm

i think vince alm said on real radio last week that gethin jenkins fought hard to lift the restrictions, and has told west ham they too will have the same allocation they gave us :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:01 pm

There will never be any common ground on this topic and the unfortunate thing about it is while it is being bickered about and batted back and forth the real reason we are all here for is getting lost CARDIFF CITY.For god's sake if you want to be politicians get a job in bloody Westminster.I for one went yesterday and had one of the best trips ever and most importantly saw my team beat a tough and well drilled team.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:43 pm

nerd wrote:Yes, and I assume those wanting away fans restricted at CCS will personally give the club the money lost?

No?

I Understand where your coming from, but by restricting supporters surely we would be saving money on police costs as less police would be needed?

I Just think it was time the club took a stan against, what if your looking at it deeply, discrimination of our club because of our past history and reputation