Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Ham home game

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am

Is our Club going to return the favour of the excellent hospitality shown to our supporters ? So are we going to see West Ham getting only 1200 tickets. They can only pick there tickets up at the service station 90 minutes before the game. The bar in the away end is closed down for the Day.
If these restrictions are not put in place i want to know why not. We need to fight back and say these restrictions are unfair and should not be tolerated. And other Clubs might think twice before putting these restrictions on us if there own supporters are going to be treated in the same way. I know it was the Met that had done this but did WHFC fight our corner as well ?

Re: West Ham home game

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 am

Yes i believe this is going to happen as we was talking about this on the way home, someone was saying that they will get exactly the same treatment we recieved. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Yes i believe this is going to happen as we was talking about this on the way home, someone was saying that they will get exactly the same treatment we recieved. :ayatollah:

Good :evil:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:50 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Yes i believe this is going to happen as we was talking about this on the way home, someone was saying that they will get exactly the same treatment we recieved. :ayatollah:

Where did you hear that Chief ?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:14 am

was in the services one of the fellas who was sorting out an away special for Portsmouth , actually works for Cardiff City said that they will be getting the same treatment as did. Sorry couldnt get his name but he was 100% sure they will be bubbled. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am

I've been saying all along that the only way we can have these restrictions lifted is by people at the club acting, not pointless marches. If they start putting pressure on the other clubs, then we have a much better chance of beginning to end these ridiculous restrictions.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 am

Dont agree with this.

This was not any doing of WHU fans was it? It was all down to the match commander who is a copper. He most likely wanted an easy day for his men and basically used the Chelsea fiasco as an excuse.

Lets not take it out on the WHU fans but point our frustration towards the authorites who still want the overtime but an easy life with it.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Dont agree with this.

This was not any doing of WHU fans was it? It was all down to the match commander who is a copper. He most likely wanted an easy day for his men and basically used the Chelsea fiasco as an excuse.

Lets not take it out on the WHU fans but point our frustration towards the authorites who still want the overtime but an easy life with it.

No way treat them the same as we were treated, it's the only way.

The other point of this is we had less away support which was a disadvantage for our team, the same must happen to wet spam to even things up.

Other clubs need to learn to treat us properly or their fans get the same............

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:42 am

So basically, because we've been shit on - and people rightly complain despite putting up with the restrictions by going - we should thus shit on others.

And I'm sure Tan, Jenkins et al will be delighted to restrict tickets sales, losing out on revenue for a club with debts...

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

im sure its the only way to finally put a stop to the so called BUBBLED games :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

I see Your point, Also the lost revenue CCFC would loose if we sold only 1250 instead of 3-4000 would be considerable, However We can not allow the treatment Our Fans had at Westhamorient, It was despicable and WH didnt seem to care, That in my book leaves Us collectively Club/Fans/ etc etc No alternative but to return the same hospitality with only 1100 Tickets for WH!!! :old:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 am

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:

I see Your point, Also the lost revenue CCFC would loose if we sold only 1250 instead of 3-4000 would be considerable, However We can not allow the treatment Our Fans had at Westhamorient, It was despicable and WH didnt seem to care, That in my book leaves Us collectively Club/Fans/ etc etc No alternative but to return the same hospitality with only 1100 Tickets for WH!!! :old:

The option was for CCFC fans NOT to go to West Ham. To NOT condone the restrictions by going.

Big picture, folks.

People chose to go knowing the situation.

An empty away end would have been far, far more effective, because the issue would have been noted. West Ham would also have had a vested interest in dealing with it long term due to loss of income.

An empty away end would have been a far more telling picture than a few banners which very, very few outside of the CCFC fanbase understood the meaning behind.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Ian i always take seriously what you say, and i am in agreement with you it isn't WHU fans fault. But the only way we can say we want to be treated fair is by other fans being inconvenienced as well as our supporters.
Is it fair we could of had 3 or 4 thousand fans cheering on our team which could of made a massive difference.
If we impose the same restrictions on WHU then it will send out a massive message that we will do to others what they do to us. It isn't fair but we have to do what is right for our supporters other wise we will be walked over time and time again.
And for sure only 1000 of there fans will make less noise than 2200 and that puts them at the same disadvantage as we were put in yesterday. That is my opinion and i feel very passionate about it as well, and will be extremely angry if our Club does not back it.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Hear hear.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Bluebina wrote:

No way treat them the same as we were treated, it's the only way.

The other point of this is we had less away support which was a disadvantage for our team, the same must happen to wet spam to even things up.

Other clubs need to learn to treat us properly or their fans get the same............

As I said it was the authorities thats made the decision not WHU. Nothing to do with their fans

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:12 pm

nerd wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:

The option was for CCFC fans NOT to go to West Ham. To NOT condone the restrictions by going.

Big picture, folks.

People chose to go knowing the situation.

An empty away end would have been far, far more effective, because the issue would have been noted. West Ham would also have had a vested interest in dealing with it long term due to loss of income.

An empty away end would have been a far more telling picture than a few banners which very, very few outside of the CCFC fanbase understood the meaning behind.

Careful what you wish for.

Speaking to my WHU fans they reckon they could have quite easily filled both the lower and upper tear where we were.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Ian i always take seriously what you say, and i am in agreement with you it isn't WHU fans fault. But the only way we can say we want to be treated fair is by other fans being inconvenienced as well as our supporters.
Is it fair we could of had 3 or 4 thousand fans cheering on our team which could of made a massive difference.
If we impose the same restrictions on WHU then it will send out a massive message that we will do to others what they do to us. It isn't fair but we have to do what is right for our supporters other wise we will be walked over time and time again.
And for sure only 1000 of there fans will make less noise than 2200 and that puts them at the same disadvantage as we were put in yesterday. That is my opinion and i feel very passionate about it as well, and will be extremely angry if our Club does not back it.

Tbh I would rather be a welcoming club to prove other clubs that their perceptions about us are wrong.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Tbh I would rather be a welcoming club to prove other clubs that their perceptions about us are wrong.

Will not work Chief. We have been doing that for X amount of seasons now. Other Clubs are happy to just go along with it but if they knew there supporters would get the same treatment back they just might think twice.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 pm

But is it the other clubs? From my understanding it is down to the match commander and the SAG.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

It fucks me off when people say it's not the supporters fault and we should give them their full allocation. f**k um and f**k every supporter up and down the land, be honest all these English clubs hate us and laugh their f*cking heads off at us, and the only way we can rid ourselves of these bubbles is to fight back even if it is on our own. I am on holiday with my fami
Y and had to get a flight back from Rhodes, get to the game, in their end, and then fly back to Rhodes to finish off the holiday, and thats all these fuckers around me kept saying was welsh counts this and welsh counts that! They all hate us, give them 1200 and I hope some of them come in our end and have to endure the filth that I had to listen to. :ayatollah: :(