Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky's gamep plan yesterday: Spot on

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:11 am

Evaluating how West Ham set up, Malky had us in a tight diamond for long periods yesterday and it worked a treat. With Conway and Cowie tucking in against West Hams midfield five We basically said to them you can have the width and Huds & Gerrard will deal with any ball you put into the box - which they did.

This approach also gave Whitts the opportunity to express himself and get on the ball further up the park. Really impressed with how we nullified them yesterday...yes we rode our luck at times but the plan came together and Malky's well timed substitutions at the end ultimately brought the whole plan to success.

Re: Malky's gamep plan yesterday: Spot on

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 am

JonScam wrote:Evaluating how West Ham set up, Malky had us in a tight diamond for long periods yesterday and it worked a treat. With Conway and Cowie tucking in against West Hams midfield five We basically said to them you can have the width and Huds & Gerrard will deal with any ball you put into the box - which they did.

This approach also gave Whitts the opportunity to express himself and get on the ball further up the park. Really impressed with how we nullified them yesterday...yes we rode our luck at times but the plan came together and Malky's well timed substitutions at the end ultimately brought the whole plan to success.

Against Bristol C I expect the see the same team except Gestede for Earnie upfront ?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
JonScam wrote:Evaluating how West Ham set up, Malky had us in a tight diamond for long periods yesterday and it worked a treat. With Conway and Cowie tucking in against West Hams midfield five We basically said to them you can have the width and Huds & Gerrard will deal with any ball you put into the box - which they did.

Against Bristol C I expect the see the same team except Gestede for Earnie upfront ?

Exacly what I'm expecting mate

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 am

I think that on Weds nite Parkin will start with Mason upfront and Gestede on the bench , maybe a start for Kiss too ?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 am

Spot on mate imo. My brother was saying how he felt there was a lack of width and movement but I think it was all part of the plan, keep our shape and stay disciplined and it payed off :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:43 am

Marshall
McNaughton
Hudson
Gerrard
Taylor
Whittingham
Gunnarsson
Kiss
Cowie
Gestede