Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: No Trust member has answered the question on everyones lips

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:54 am

why would extra profits from the alcohol be going to the fred keenor fund? was that the plan or been quoted by someone?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:04 am

and tbh beer prices have gone up everywheer and by a far lot more than a few pence

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:11 am

I have raised this with the trust and they will take it up with the club

The problem lies with Compass who are the contractors for the catering, this is a legacy that Ridsdale has left behind. The catering instead of being done by the club was passed to outside caterers, so effictivley they can charge what they want.

I somehow doubt that they would be donating any of their profits to Keenor Fund

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:14 am

Midfield general wrote:around the price raise on alcohol at the ground. Is the extra few pence going towards the Fred Keenor fund..?

I've got to say, of all the questions on my lips, this one is very far back in the queue

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 am

Midfield general wrote:around the price raise on alcohol at the ground. Is the extra few pence going towards the Fred Keenor fund..?

I must admit that I find it absolutely incredible that two topics on the same issue as been asking the same question for days and no-one has answered.

Personally if it was going towards the fund I wouldn't mind but others think differently. However is the reason behind the slience because the fans are so split on the issue..?

COME ON TRUST SHOW US SOME BACKBONE!!! :evil:

You are another one with an agenda against the Trust, the question has been asked and GJ has responded, as you are obviously opinionated how many emails have you sent the club or phone calls have you made on the matter?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 am

As i mentioned in a previous post i have e-mailed the Trust and asked them to raise the issue of the food and drink prices at the CCS. There is a meeting being held tomorrow between the Club and the Supporters Trust and if i receive any feed back i will post the response on here :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 am

No doubt Labour will somehow be blamed :roll:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am

blueheaven wrote:As i mentioned in a previous post i have e-mailed the Trust and asked them to raise the issue of the food and drink prices at the CCS. There is a meeting being held tomorrow between the Club and the Supporters Trust and if i receive any feed back i will post the response on here :ayatollah:

Thank-you Blueheaven :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 am

Prices are set by Kompass and nothing to do with CCFC ....... £3.60 is shite compared to £3 in the Ninian !

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:59 pm

I must admit that I find it absolutely incredible that two topics on the same issue as been asking the same question for days and no-one has answered.

Personally if it was going towards the fund I wouldn't mind but others think differently. However is the reason behind the slience because the fans are so split on the issue..?

Why the trust ? you could start a campaign about the prices of food and drink Compass are charging if your that annoyed about it we would all back you

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:24 pm

There is only one way to combat Compass' ridiculous prices.

...A complete boycott!

Leaflets/internet campaign/Supporters club/Trust... everyone get the
message out to totally snub the food outlets. One game will do it.

Compass have in fact been given a monopoly by Ridsdale, f**k knows
how fat his envelope was, but they can charge what they like. They have
a 'captive audience'..

One week where they dont make any money will be enough, any business would
sooner make some profit than no profit.

Its not rocket science.

Plus, the board is now pretty much 'onside' with the fans now, they will also bring
pressure to bear on Compass

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:57 pm

anyone have any idea of how long our contract with compass is for???

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:anyone have any idea of how long our contract with compass is for???

Ive asked this question before but no-one knew. It would be interesting if we were to find out.

def.... if the club could sort this out, they can get their catering teams in... thus creating more jobs, and revenue for the club...

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Are you a trust member out of interest?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:anyone have any idea of how long our contract with compass is for???

10 years.

http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2 ... m-deal.htm

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Midfield general wrote:
asz wrote:

Are you a trust member out of interest?

No due to their support of Peter Ridsdale over the ticket scam

Yet you're demanding answers from them?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Midfield general wrote:Yes I am demanding answers because the idea of them asking compass to ensure a few pence on every pint for the Fred Keenor fund was mine and I put it to the Trsut board members so I wanted to know whether they took my idea on board. However it seems not and Compass have just upped their prices for their own pockets.

Suprised you and willy haven't blamed Labour yet.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:Yes I am demanding answers because the idea of them asking compass to ensure a few pence on every pint for the Fred Keenor fund was mine and I put it to the Trsut board members so I wanted to know whether they took my idea on board. However it seems not and Compass have just upped their prices for their own pockets.

OK fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. It seemed a bit hypocritical, demanding answers from an organisation that you weren't a member of.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Suprised you and willy haven't blamed Labour yet.

Old ones are always the best hey Bridgend.

However I am very happy to start a protest about this.

Crack on you old fart. :old:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:34 pm

Why is it people who are not members of the trust take more interest than those who are?
I don't get it.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:15 am

simply to stir up trouble

isnt that right midfield general ?

if you dont like what I am saying ...tough !!

get on with your community counicl work instead of boring the crap into people on here with your anti trust silly little games you immature little man

sludge

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 am

2blue2handle wrote:Why is it people who are not members of the trust take more interest than those who are?
I don't get it.

to stir up trouble

bunch of sad acts

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 am

oh what a great cardiff city fan you are ( NOT )

a supporters group tries to raise money for a cardiff city legend ( fred keenor ...you probably wouldnty have heard of him being a part time fan ) and all you can do is slag it off

get back to playing politics you childish little kid

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 am

No more drinking at the ground for me............not at those prices ............if everyone done the same we may see some sense.
no reason for the beer to be above £3-00 a pint...............its pure greed.