Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First Post - Malky's City vs DJ

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Thought we were absolutely brilliant today. Considering this team had barely played together, I thought it looked like we had real togetherness. Marshall was outstanding and I think it's good to see Hudson and Gerrard together, they defended really well as did the new boy Taylor at left back. Cowie looks a very intelligent player and Gunnarsson although he didnt shine today, will give us the grit we need in midfield. I thought the main difference today was that we had a team that worked hard for each other and showed passion and desire all over the pitch. Something that was missing in the DJ era. I can't believe some people's criticism of Earnie and Miller. We were against the Championship's leaders away from home. I think that now Malky is here we should concentrate on getting behind the players and show some togetherness and support of our players, not being quick to get on their backs. I got on Lee Naylor's case last season (especially when I found out his middle name was Jack) but now it's a fresh start, and I don't care if we don't make the play-offs this season or not, as long as I see the same level of passion and commitment from the players like I did today, I will be happy.

Re: First Post - Malky's City vs DJ

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 pm

we were against the championship favourites*

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Good post. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

where did we bye that new keeper from . he was outstanding :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 pm

[quote="aledccfc"]Thought we were absolutely brilliant today. Considering this team had barely played together, I thought it looked like we had real togetherness. Marshall was outstanding and I think it's good to see Hudson and Gerrard together, they defended really well as did the new boy Taylor at left back. Cowie looks a very intelligent player and Gunnarsson although he didnt shine today, will give us the grit we need in midfield. I thought the main difference today was that we had a team that worked hard for each other and showed passion and desire all over the pitch. Something that was missing in the DJ era. I can't believe some people's criticism of Earnie and Miller. We were against the Championship's leaders away from home. I think that now Malky is here we should concentrate on getting behind the players and show some togetherness and support of our players, not being quick to get on their backs. I got on Lee Naylor's case last season (especially when I found out his middle name was Jack) but now it's a fresh start, and I don't care if we don't make the play-offs this season or not, as long as I see the same level of passion and commitment from the players like I did today, I will be happy.[/quote

I SECOND THAT apart from the not making the playoffs.