Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A bit of a reality check today

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Apart from the result had a great weekend mixed with Iron Maiden and football and on the long drive back tonight to Wales gave me time to think and chat with the lad . Many of you who recently have rightly critisised me for moaning all the time on here about this and that regarding CCFC over the last couple of years also got me thinking . But when the lad said to me Dad why do you bother ? it home especially after today - hes right why ?

The truth is - i dont enjoy watching Cardiff City anymore , i like many people who do on here and in real life , but its true i dont enjoy it like i used to - i guess i cant really explain it or understand it - today was the first time that since watching City that i actually wanted the Irons to really stuff them...... before i would wish for a draw etc and just to get the game out of the way .

Anyway - many of you are probably right - its turning me into a bitter poster etc on times as well.

Then the lad wants to start watching the irons home and away now taking in far more games ( hopefully he will see them win one day !! )

So anyway just arrived back to the house ( now feeling homesick too after a great weekend ) this old b*stard is calling it a day and pissing off - some of you can rejoice now !! :lol: :lol: pushing 50 now and just wanting to spend time with my lad watching what we really enjoy doing together - just like me and my old man did etc. Just need to convert the daughter now !! ( who's given me ear ache all the way home ) , im not going to watch anymore and im not going to comment either - im just buggering off . I wish you all well , some great lads on here and over the last 20 odd years watching ive had some great times and great memories that i will treasure forever but im just being honest it aint the same for me no more . Its probably too now the Clubs are in the same league the best time to do it as well although i probably should have done it a few years ago in reality i guess but there we go. I hope you and Cardiff City achieve the success you wish for and i thank you for some great times and memories.
Im now going to try and talk the Wife around to moving too but that maybe a harder task !!

See ya and good luck in the future !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

( Mods can you delete my account please)

Re: A bit of a reality check today

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Daya wrote:Apart from the result had a great weekend mixed with Iron Maiden and football and on the long drive back tonight to Wales gave me time to think and chat with the lad . Many of you who recently have rightly critisised me for moaning all the time on here about this and that regarding CCFC over the last couple of years also got me thinking . But when the lad said to me Dad why do you bother ? it home especially after today - hes right why ?

The truth is - i dont enjoy watching Cardiff City anymore , i like many people who do on here and in real life , but its true i dont enjoy it like i used to - i guess i cant really explain it or understand it - today was the first time that since watching City that i actually wanted the Irons to really stuff them...... before i would wish for a draw etc and just to get the game out of the way .

Anyway - many of you are probably right - its turning me into a bitter poster etc on times as well.

Then the lad wants to start watching the irons home and away now taking in far more games ( hopefully he will see them win one day !! )

So anyway just arrived back to the house ( now feeling homesick too after a great weekend ) this old b*stard is calling it a day and pissing off - some of you can rejoice now !! :lol: :lol: pushing 50 now and just wanting to spend time with my lad watching what we really enjoy doing together - just like me and my old man did etc. Just need to convert the daughter now !! ( who's given me ear ache all the way home ) , im not going to watch anymore and im not going to comment either - im just buggering off . I wish you all well , some great lads on here and over the last 20 odd years watching ive had some great times and great memories that i will treasure forever but im just being honest it aint the same for me no more . Its probably too now the Clubs are in the same league the best time to do it as well although i probably should have done it a few years ago in reality i guess but there we go. I hope you and Cardiff City achieve the success you wish for and i thank you for some great times and memories.
Im now going to try and talk the Wife around to moving too but that maybe a harder task !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

DAYA YOU PRICK DONT LEAVE. I'LL BE THE ONLY WEST HAM FAN ON HERE :lol: :lol:

Take care fella! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you drama queen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm

More retirements than Frank Sinatra. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Daya mukka its only a game,that you LOST :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:More retirements than Frank Sinatra. :lol: :lol: :lol:

More comebacks than George Foreman

ps Steve if you are reading come back. 1 of the best posters on here

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Daya wrote:Apart from the result had a great weekend mixed with Iron Maiden and football and on the long drive back tonight to Wales gave me time to think and chat with the lad . Many of you who recently have rightly critisised me for moaning all the time on here about this and that regarding CCFC over the last couple of years also got me thinking . But when the lad said to me Dad why do you bother ? it home especially after today - hes right why ?

Which one? :laughing3:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 pm

does the lad exist or is it you talking to yourself in the car the same way as you do on here, :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:03 pm

I enjoyed your posts mate, take care!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:03 pm

See you back on here in a few days :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm

In the words of some muscular bloke from Hollywood, """I''ll be back!"""

Hasta la baby fiesta!! lol
:D :D

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm

f**k off Steve, could be far, far worse, Mike Morris could let you back into the kindergarden

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

My times up - seriously . Getting rid of seats and everything . Time to move on . No more comebacks . Catch u on FB Gareth etc.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Daya, are you just preparing us for an amazing comeback?

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Daya wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

My times up - seriously . Getting rid of seats and everything . Time to move on . No more comebacks . Catch u on FB Gareth etc.

Really pleased. Please don't change your mind again.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 pm

:lol: I suspect this would have been very different if West Ham had won!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 pm

And I thought I was a bit down nothing to do with footy but bloody hell mate you need a few pints and a shag me thinks. :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Its his wife I feel sorry for!! she has to live with that day in day out!
And giving up supporting the mighty Bloobirds to go and watch that bunch of under acheivers, not the best decision either!

I had a wonderful day today, corporate hospitality, compliments of two hammer mates, and lots of opportunity to take the piss following Malkys smash and grab job, then onto Shoeditch for an evening of great entertainment, great result, great day. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 am

Steve, whilst I am pleased you are leaving this great Message Board (the ONLY one I read) I bear you no personal malice and wish you and your family all the very best in your non-Cardiff City FC futures....

Only time will tell if you can stay away or wether you'll sneak in through the backdoor with an alias or two....

But please don't. As you rightly say, if your heart isn't with us it's best you let it go....

I'd have a grudging respect for you then ;)

Byeeeeeeee!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 am

Daya wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Lol, thought u were leaving??? That didn't last long eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:28 am

Daya wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

After the big retirement announcement (yet again) he's back within one hour and seven minutes, must be a record, even for him, why bother?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:51 am

With West Ham in the bottom 3 they need all the help and support they can get

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:12 am

Has the Echo hacked his account? :D

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 am

So anyway just arriv
ed back to the house ( now feeling homesick too after a great weekend ) this old b*stard is calling it a day and pissing off - some of you can rejoice now !! :lol: :lol: pushing 50 now and just wanting to spend time with my lad watching what we really enjoy doing together - just like me and my old man did etc. Just need to convert the daughter now !! ( who's given me ear ache all the way home ) , im not going to watch anymore and im not going to comment either - im just buggering off . I wish you all well , some great lads on here and over the last 20 odd years watching ive had some great times and great memories that i will treasure forever but im just being honest it aint the same for me no more . Its probably too now the Clubs are in the same league the best time to do it as well although i probably should have done it a few years ago in reality i guess but there we go. I hope you and Cardiff City achieve the success you wish for and i thank you for some great times and memories.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This cracked me up

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:11 am

Daya, don't be such an emotional bender. Man up and get back here!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 am

You big Girls Blouse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:58 am

Someone take the laces out of his shoes, sounds like a suicide note. :lol: