Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR FLAGS ON BBC

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:38 pm

:ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: OUR FLAGS ON BBC

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:43 pm

The "were forever being bubbled" one was genius :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:14 pm

yeah, i seen the pics of them on the forum the other day, didnt think they would actually be on telly :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Haha yeh, I pissed myself when I saw that banner! Can't believe it actually made it on telly, fair play! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:45 pm

It made it on the TV for seconds and they never mentioned why those banners was up :evil:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Good effort to all of you who went up - you earned this one with all the obsticles put in front of you.

most of us who decided not to go because of the hassle or out of principle etc are grateful to the ones that did go.
seeing you there, banded in a small group, hearing you singing and seeing the flags was great. And the players seemed to respond to you too.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:It made it on the TV for seconds and they never mentioned why those banners was up :evil:

I was gunna say Nukes.

The Camera guy was on the forever being bubbled flag for a second and went off it pretty sharpish.

They also said that Cardiff fans had the whole Trevor Brooking stand which was obviously empty as feck but declined to talk about why and went on about Sir Trev being at Wembley instead.

There was no mention of the restrictions.

No mention as to why we were the only ones in the STB Stand.

And no mention of why we only had 1000 there.

In fact it was pretty much the West Ham show on BBC wasnt it.

To the average fan from any other club here or abroad who was watching they would just think that we had a shit away following.

:(

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:It made it on the TV for seconds and they never mentioned why those banners was up :evil:

I was gunna say Nukes.

The Camera guy was on the forever being bubbled flag for a second and went off it pretty sharpish.

They also said that Cardiff fans had the whole Trevor Brooking stand which was obviously empty as feck but declined to talk about why and went on about Sir Trev being at Wembley instead.

There was no mention of the restrictions.

No mention as to why we were the only ones in the STB Stand.

And no mention of why we only had 1000 there.

In fact it was pretty much the West Ham show on BBC wasnt it.

To the average fan from any other club here or abroad who was watching they would just think that we had a shit away following.

Agreed see thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55961

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:02 pm

eddiep wrote:Good effort to all of you who went up - you earned this one with all the obsticles put in front of you.

most of us who decided not to go because of the hassle or out of principle etc are grateful to the ones that did go.
seeing you there, banded in a small group, hearing you singing and seeing the flags was great. And the players seemed to respond to you too.

I couldnt disagree more.

Im sorry lads, but imo the flags were an absolute total waste of time and achieved nothing.

No point has been made, there was no reference to it in the build up, studio or afterwards and nobody
outside of Cardiff or West Ham knows or knew that we were given a measly ticket allocation with ridiculous restrictions.

By going, all you have done is given them liscence to do it again. The only way a point would have been made is if there were no Cardiff fans there, they couldnt have avoided that, but as it goes, everyone outside of Cardiff and WHU will just think we had a shit following.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Hard one that Miller from the half way line. Those fans that went today got behind the Lads, but i see where you are coming from. The same restrictions should now be put on WHU fans.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Of course they dodnt mention it thry wouldnt of even mentioned it if nobody wnt they shown the banner for 1 second an it looked empty and nobody mentioned it i thought we were watching match of the day not the west ham soccer show it was pathetic.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Hard one that Miller from the half way line. Those fans that went today got behind the Lads, but i see where you are coming from. The same restrictions should now be put on WHU fans.

West Ham are gettin 0 tickets. Daya is getting to bring 49 mates. They will get a voucher 48 hours prior to the game. They then have to travel to my work to pick up another voucher. They will then travel on 4 coaches to Scunthorpe where they will exchange the 2 vouchers for a third voucher. On arrival at the ground the vouchers will be taken off them and they will get 10% off anything they want at Greggs. They will then be bussed over to Greggs 4 ours prior to it opening. Once they have their food they will be bussed back to the ground where they will be allowed 1 pint. They will not be allowed to use the toilets and they will have to watch the match while standing on their heads. 48 hours after full time they will be bussed home via Carlisle.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:15 pm

PtB wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Hard one that Miller from the half way line. Those fans that went today got behind the Lads, but i see where you are coming from. The same restrictions should now be put on WHU fans.

West Ham are gettin 0 tickets. Daya is getting to bring 49 mates. They will get a voucher 48 hours prior to the game. They then have to travel to my work to pick up another voucher. They will then travel on 4 coaches to Scunthorpe where they will exchange the 2 vouchers for a third voucher. On arrival at the ground the vouchers will be taken off them and they will get 10% off anything they want at Greggs. They will then be bussed over to Greggs 4 ours prior to it opening. Once they have their food they will be bussed back to the ground where they will be allowed 1 pint. They will not be allowed to use the toilets and they will have to watch the match while standing on their heads. 48 hours after full time they will be bussed home via Carlisle.

We shouldn't make it that easy for them Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
PtB wrote:

Okay, the buses are scrapped.They can walk the journey :D

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Its how I see it Nukes.

We got to make a stand mate.

Theres no good rocking up with 1000 there and a couple of lads holding up a banner, no point in the flags at all.

Iv had a tit full of these restrictions.

The first bubble I ever went on was Swansea in 1996, fair enough, then Stoke, after 2000 fair enough, the Wurzels, Wolves, Birmingham, Milwall, West Ham, Leeds voucher exchanges at Coventry, West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday.

Theres just no need for it, until the fans unite and say en masse, we aint going, it just gives the authorities liscense to keep the restrictions coming.

Im never going on a bubble trip or voucher exchange again which is a shame as it rules out Leeds and Birmingham for me straight away, 2 grounds I havnt been to.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:22 pm

PTB feck giving them a pint mate.

Bars were shut to Cardiff fans in the ground today.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:PTB feck giving them a pint mate.

Bars were shut to Cardiff fans in the ground today.

I never said what the pint was though ;)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:40 pm

PtB wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
PtB wrote:

Okay, the buses are scrapped.They can walk the journey :D

Won't he get his balloon or blimp that he was planning for Wolves when he was a City die hard? :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:14 pm

eddiep wrote:Good effort to all of you who went up - you earned this one with all the obsticles put in front of you.

I couldnt disagree more.

Im sorry lads, but imo the flags were an absolute total waste of time and achieved nothing.

No point has been made, there was no reference to it in the build up, studio or afterwards and nobody
outside of Cardiff or West Ham knows or knew that we were given a measly ticket allocation with ridiculous restrictions.

By going, all you have done is given them liscence to do it again. The only way a point would have been made is if there were no Cardiff fans there, they couldnt have avoided that, but as it goes, everyone outside of Cardiff and WHU will just think we had a shit following.

completely aggree, our whole coach boycotted, what was the point? if we all unite and boycott properly, we have more of a chance of getting better allocations in the future, instead, WHU will be a bubble next time we play them, why? because they can.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I was in fornt of you all i got pictures of it ... did you see a kid in a blue t-shirt and blue trainers right at the front by the stewards ?

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm

PtB wrote:

This made me chuckle :D

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:05 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Its how I see it Nukes.

Theres no good rocking up with 1000 there and a couple of lads holding up a banner, no point in the flags at all.

The first bubble I ever went on was Swansea in 1996, fair enough, then Stoke, after 2000 fair enough, the Wurzels, Wolves, Birmingham, Milwall, West Ham, Leeds voucher exchanges at Coventry, West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday.

Theres just no need for it, until the fans unite and say en masse, we aint going, it just gives the authorities liscense to keep the restrictions coming.

Im never going on a bubble trip or voucher exchange again which is a shame as it rules out Leeds and Birmingham for me straight away, 2 grounds I havnt been to.

I totally agree with you fella, I won't ever do a bubble again, as its just taking the piss....I won't knock any fans who want to travel, but what I don't get, I bet a large chunk of yesterdays support moaned about the restrictions, yet forget that WHU had a big say in slashing our ticket allocation, yet still pay 30 odd quid and line West Hams pockets...I wouldn't give the tossers f**k all.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Its how I see it Nukes.

I totally agree with you fella, I won't ever do a bubble again, as its just taking the piss....I won't knock any fans who want to travel, but what I don't get, I bet a large chunk of yesterdays support moaned about the restrictions, yet forget that WHU had a big say in slashing our ticket allocation, yet still pay 30 odd quid and line West Hams pockets...I wouldn't give the tossers f**k all.

That's the key. Total boycott next time, to highlight the injustice of it. Shame it has to come to this, but they're giving us no other choice.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:52 pm

PtB wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:01 pm

I couldnt disagree more.

couldnt agree more, but the reason i went was to support the team and as you said if nobody turned everyone outside of us and WHU would have thought we had a shit following. IMO It would have been an even bigger waste of an opportunity to watch some football if we hadnt turned up because all of it would have done really is slashed a hole in WHU pockets, because what if it wasnt mentioned cause watching the game after coming home it all seemed to be about WHU.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

:([/quote]

Yip. I had 3 mates in my house watching it with me & they were saying that we had a shit support there.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Bankiebluebird wrote:To the average fan from any other club here or abroad who was watching they would just think that we had a shit away following.

Yip. I had 3 mates in my house watching it with me & they were saying that we had a shit support there.[/quote]

Mate, a Family member of mine was watching it in Barcelona in a British Pub just off La Rambla and was spoken to by a Rotherham fan who said and I quote ' thought you were a big club, thats a pretty poor away folliowing for first game of the season,'.