Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We Looked A Team Today On And Off The Field

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Fair play to the lads today as I think every player in a white shirt today (and green) played as a unit and as a result we looked a very well organised unit against most experts favourites for the league.

Although Earnie and Miller had little quality service to work with they both worked their socks off and were pressing the West Ham defence constantly and high up the pitch.

In midfield Cowie and Gunnarsun both looked quality and were in no way overshadowed by Parker, Noble and Nolan and both look great signings for the club. Whitts looked he usual self and was even pressing high up the pitch in the last 5 minutes and for me overall was MOM. Conway also worked hard and at times was popping up all over the place a very good first game for the Bluebirds.

In defence both CB looked solid as rocks at times and if Mcnaughton could pass he would be world class, I also liked the look of Taylor some great work defending and looks class going forward although not much of that today.

Marshall also looked back to his best although he did go walkabout for one cross but overall a great game.

But for me MM was the shining light today he was on that touchline fighting every challenge no hand in pockets bollocks and absolutely no getting the team to sit deep in the last 15 minutes. He sent on that boy Gestade and boy does he look a prospect.

I for one am a very happy Bluebird fan tonight. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We Looked A Team Today On And Off The Field

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Very impressed with City today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We Looked A Team Today On And Off The Field

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:31 pm

castleblue wrote:Fair play to the lads today as I think every player in a white shirt today (and green) played as a unit and as a result we looked a very well organised unit against most experts favourites for the league.

Although Earnie and Miller had little quality service to work with they both worked their socks off and were pressing the West Ham defence constantly and high up the pitch.

In midfield Cowie and Gunnarsun both looked quality and were in no way overshadowed by Parker, Noble and Nolan and both look great signings for the club. Whitts looked he usual self and was even pressing high up the pitch in the last 5 minutes and for me overall was MOM. Conway also worked hard and at times was popping up all over the place a very good first game for the Bluebirds.

In defence both CB looked solid as rocks at times and if Mcnaughton could pass he would be world class, I also liked the look of Taylor some great work defending and looks class going forward although not much of that today.

Marshall also looked back to his best although he did go walkabout for one cross but overall a great game.

But for me MM was the shining light today he was on that touchline fighting every challenge no hand in pockets bollocks and absolutely no getting the team to sit deep in the last 15 minutes. He sent on that boy Gestade and boy does he look a prospect.

I for one am a very happy Bluebird fan tonight. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

More important than anything else...we looked a TEAM!!