Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wow

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:38 pm

I am impressed by the way Southampton have performed against Leeds Utd today. They haven't exactly dominated the game but take every chance as it is. Their defence seems very tight and they are not shy to have a crack at goal. I think they will be a tough side to beat especially at St Mary's. Lallana and Lambert are absoultuely phenomenal! They are great with their shots! Would be great signings for any Championship clubs. Leeds look very fustrated especially Max Gradel who keeps getting accused of fouling a player by a referre. Former Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins has certainly done well with Southampton and I definitely underestimated them when I said that they are a one man team with Alex Oxlade Chamberlain as their key player. AOC missed the game due to an injury so I will be keeping an eye open for them, I'm sure they are contenders for the Play Offs this season. Maybe even automatic promotion. Hopefully the Bluebirds will keep them off their track for the play offs twice this year but it is sure to be a challenge. However, like many of us are forgetting, we have a better team this year with more experience and quality e.g. Kenny Miller and Robert Earnshaw. Cardiff City are also contenders for the Play Offs backed up by many people that are into the amazing sport of football. Malky MacKay's Barmy Army! :ayatollah:

Re: Wow

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Agreed, The Saints wont be easy this season...they have a decent record against us dont they?