Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why we should feel optimism & take no notice of bookies

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Without going into too much depth I believe the following reasons back up genuine optimism for us this season, and compromise the chances of those who will apparently walk this division:

- Malky knows our division, and what required to get out of it. He has the upperhand over Sven, Big Sam and Poyet in this respect. However Hughton has delivered with Newcastle.

- Our activity in the transfer market has been very shrewd IMO. Not only has Malky brought genuine quality for this level, but he has brought in players with experience at this level, to compliment those we've already got. The majority of the notable additions at West Ham, Leicester and Brum are inexperienced at this level and may take a while to adjust. This coupled with the inexperience of Big Sam, Sven etc in this league could play into our hands at crucial periods this season as they may struggle to implement the required culture or approach at this level - whether you agree or disagree there is an undoubted question mark in this regard.

- Expectation: Although internally and within our fan base there will be expectation for success, we're in the welcomed position this year of not having any of that pressure from the media or bookies. This again could be a major positive for us if any of the 'fancied' teams for promotion begin to struggle...theres scope to take real advantage in terms of morale, team spirit and togetherness.

Make no mistake about it, we have a quality first 11 & match day squad with options that will IMO definitely see us competitve tomorrow and for the next couple of months at least. If Malky manages to strengthen by the end of Sep and in Jan then we'll have a real chance of jumping out of this division in what is percieved to be the biggest year.

I'm not nervous about tomorrow at all. That doesnt mean to say we'll definitely win, but this season is about much more than just tomorrow and I firmly believe we've got the receipe for success this season :ayatollah:

Re: Why we should feel optimism & take no notice of bookies

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:13 pm

good post. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Maerdy boy wrote:good post. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But Big Sam has also got out this divison aswell (as a manager)

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Excellent post! One of the best for a while!

I agree with everything you have said! at last...... :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Merlin wrote:Excellent post! One of the best for a while!

I agree with everything you have said! at last...... :lol: :ayatollah:

Haha... :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am

great post and agree with what your saying :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am

For the first time in a couple of seasons we are a REAL TEAM,and we are going to be a really hard team to beat. I am sure that MM will add to the squad and think we are going to be competing all the way. GREAT EFFORT BY BOTH TEAM AND US WHO WERE THERE YESTERDAY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Agree with all that. Lower expectations. Team spirit. Fighting for the club. New signings will add to the depth of the squad and hopefully an exciting season to look forward to. Far better feel about this season than last when I always had the sense that ultimate failure was coming.