Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Soccer Saturday assessment of our chances

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Paul Merson - "If they couldnt go up last year, what chances have they got this year? The Cardiff job is poisoned. If you're a manager and you're offered the Cardiff job you have to take it because theyre a big club...a big Championship club. Miller is lively, and his partnership with Earnshaw is top Championship class, however i feel theyve lost too much quality from last year"

Iain Dowie - "I expect them to be in the shake up...automatic maybe a push however definitely in the play offs. Theyve signed Cowie in a free which is a great signing and the boy Kiss has a big reputation, in addition to Earnshaw and Miller"

Re: Soccer Saturday assessment of our chances

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm

In a way i agree with Merson, its going to be very difficult for Malky this year. But he's always saying that the players will give 100% which is reasurring :)

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm just gonna enjoy watching the team play, if there's commitment from the players and they acknowledge the fans then that's an improvement from last season already..plus the manager talks to the local press..an unheard of phenomenon for a good few years in this part of the world. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Ive never liked paul merson even when cardiff were flying last year he was saying we were shit (yes we ended up f*cking it up) but jen we were flying he was still putting us down calling us "shocking" stupid tw*t

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:17 am

Dowie always seems to rate us, closet cardiff fan i think ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:26 am

simon1927 wrote:Dowie always seems to rate us, closet cardiff fan i think ;) :ayatollah:

I remember last year he said he thought we'd go up and the other lads shot him down

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:36 am

i dont mind merson but as a pundit i usually think he talks shite , he was a good player but hes certainly no football expert , id take dowies views over his anyday , but having said that i still think we havent replaced jay or bells , if we get bellamy i think we are definatly playoff contenders

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:10 am

stick person picture in the dressing room.

drugged up fool

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 am

simon1927 wrote:Dowie always seems to rate us, closet cardiff fan i think ;) :ayatollah:

dowie likes every club, think its so he can get a job somwhere :lol:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 am

Maybe Earnie and Miller will hit it off as a front 2 with say someone like Mc Phail at the head of the midfield diamond ?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 pm

2 successful managers there with thier views. ;)

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Not sure how you could say the Cardiff job is poisoned, DJ was in charge for six years ffs. One failed manager does not equal a poisoned job.