Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think our squad is stronger than this time last year?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:07 pm

I believe so when I think of the opening game last season against Sheffield utd, I thought we would be relegation fodder,

There needs to be a couple of top notch signings to further strengthen the squad but I do believe we are in front of where we were last season!

In malky we trust

Re: Do you think our squad is stronger than this time last year?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 pm

I don't think the quality is as strong but the mental strength and determination is stronger with this squad than last. Which could get us alot further than last season :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:26 pm

It's all about the team, not individuals. Swansea got it right last season, we fell apart.

I'm happy with what we have so far, but I think we should get more players in, just to cover for injuries and suspensions. Not interested in big names, just as long as they gel.

I really don't rate Lee Naylor and I'd happily see him go. Certain others have a lot to prove this season and I hope they take the opportunity to do so.

Is the squad stronger than this time last season? It could be argued either way, I suppose. I'm waiting for tomorrow's game and keeping my fingers crossed....

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:30 pm

We can't really tell, if we were under DJ, I'd say definitely weaker, but right now, I really don't know.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Definitely not, we're re-building.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:40 pm

no way, this team will get us between 60 & 70 points , not unless there are some big players coming in the next few weeks.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Maybe not stronger however we are a better team altogether. From what I saw at the Parma game, I thought that it was the best we had played in a while. But we are in a tougher league so I do not know how we will do. The Championship is full of surprised, e.g. Derby 2-1 Birmingham. Hopefully Malky can sign Bellamy and someone else and we can do well in this league. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:58 pm

NO WAY we lost 12-13players last season and signed 7 plus we got the smallest squad we have had for years way before DJ was here and we all know he used the old SQUAD DEPTH excuse for a few seasons of why we didnt go up and we have in no way replaced the quality that we lost at the end of last year we are for sure a bottom half team at the moment theres no two ways about it,but it will take 1-3 seasons for him to build something once i guess he gets rid of some of the shit DJ left here under contract just give him 1-2 seasons before the mongs and ketyboard warriors want him out becuase i can assure you all 5-6 games in and things aint going rite the threads will go up in abundance :ayatollah: