Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Apparently we haven't addressed the left back issue

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 am

From the BBC's preview of the Champ season:

Weaknesses: Left-back proved to be a problem position last season and Mackay has so far failed to address the issue. And how will the Scotsman cope with the scrutiny of Cardiff's passionate and expectant supporters, who can only cast envious glances at Swansea's achievements?

f*cking idiots :S with the purchase of Taylor and only good things so far having been said about Naylor, how can they say that? f*cking idiots.

Re: Apparently we haven't addressed the left back issue

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:33 am

Hqow exactly are they "f*cking idiots"?

Where did Mackay play Taylor at Watford? Clue; it wasn't at left back...

Naylor, well, encouraging so far, but let's wait till the league games start.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 am

atylor will play left back but if he gets injured, we can easily switch Kev to left back and have Quinn right back. Darcy can do a job at full back too and I believe will have a good season with Malky keeping him in check with his drinking and his man management skills with him (and the rest of our young players). We should be alright I think. It's the centre backs that worry me.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:48 am

nerd wrote:Hqow exactly are they "f*cking idiots"?

Nerd, he played left back for Watford. When he went back to Boro they played him on the wing but he definitely played left back for the Hornets

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

Nemo wrote:
nerd wrote:Hqow exactly are they "f*cking idiots"?

Nerd, he played left back for Watford. When he went back to Boro they played him on the wing but he definitely played left back for the Hornets

Mackay picked him wide left midfield at Watford. That's why so many people have commented on his versatility. - may have played the odd game left back for Watford, majority of the time he was further forward.

We've seen him play both positions for us already...

I've no doubt he'll play left back for us. Blasting the BBC for believing he may not due to Makays previous usage of him is a tad silly.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 pm

This comment from the Watford Vital Football site suggests that they very much saw Taylor - and played him - as a left back

". Andrew Taylor: The biggest compliment you can pay Andrew Taylor is that he`s partially to blame for our post-Christmas slump. Brilliant during his six-month loan, the former 'Boro man was our only left-back but made the position his own anyway. Lloyd Doyley is solid, but not as solid at Taylor and certainly unable to attack with the same guile and panache as the 'Boro Academy graduate. Out-of-contract at the Riverside, it would make our summer if Taylor could return as mooted. However the sacking of Gordon Strachan and subsequent run in the side under new boss Tony Mowbray suggests otherwise, sadly. A left-back remains a key target over the summer."

Read more: http://www.watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z1UFXf08Te

Whatever , and as you say, I am sure he will feature for us at the back. Let's hope he is as good as the Watford fans seem to think.